OT: Canes Board Lounge IX: You Can't Lock this out (Until it hits 1,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Bobcats not only ended the 18 game winning streak, they finally got 8 wins on the year. You may recall last season they only finished with 7.

Yeah I know most of you probably don't give a ****, but I feel like being the Bobcats ambassador on here :laugh:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
As sad as I am to say goodbye to the Holidays and the days off of work, I'm really looking forward to more bowl games and the NFL playoffs. Especially if they are as good as the Chick-Fil-A bowl.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I wish I had that feeling today. But no, Pack played incredibly terrible. :laugh:

Although it makes me sound terrible, I expected nothing less from the Pack today. My confidence in Mike Glennon is below 0%.

Plus, I worked through it. So I didn't have to feel that feeling.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure most people expected Vanderbilt to win that game. Team playing with interim head coach sitting in press box against team that hadn't lost since October and pretty much playing a home game? Yeah, the latter usually wins. Plus you don't win w/ 5 turnovers compared to Vandy's 0.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure most people expected Vanderbilt to win that game.

That's probably true. But my comment was more directed at the Glennon is garbage thought. I mean...how the hell is he supposed to be an NFL talent? Yeah, he has an arm and is tall.

But his football IQ is literally lower than a pile of bricks.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yeah, Glennon's stock definitely dropped this year. Not that last year was anything special either, but last season he finished strong and had a pretty good showing in the Belk Bowl.

I predict he'll be at best a late 2nd rounder.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I think Glennon goes Top 10. Smith, Wilson and Glennon will all go top 10 actually. Teams are so desperate for QB's (Chiefs, Bills and Jets).

Last edited:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Well no one has ever called me a football genius so :laugh:

Am looking forward to a whole day of bowl games tomorrow :nod:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
That's probably true. But my comment was more directed at the Glennon is garbage thought. I mean...how the hell is he supposed to be an NFL talent? Yeah, he has an arm and is tall.

But his football IQ is literally lower than a pile of bricks.

A lot of his problems were due to a terrible offensive line and terrible receivers. He rarely had time to do anything in the pocket because there usually was no pocket, and I've never seen so many dropped passes in my life as I saw this year. We had a pretty bad O-line every year Tom O'Brien was there, it just didn't matter when we had Russell Wilson because he scrambled every play anyway.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
A lot of his problems were due to a terrible offensive line and terrible receivers. He rarely had time to do anything in the pocket because there usually was no pocket, and I've never seen so many dropped passes in my life as I saw this year. We had a pretty bad O-line every year Tom O'Brien was there, it just didn't matter when we had Russell Wilson because he scrambled every play anyway.

That's absolutely true, but any time he was put under pressure (a lot) he panicked, and either forced bad throws or ran backwards about 10 yards before being sacked/falling down. If it comes to that, throw the ball away and try again on a new play, rather than forcing yourself to try to make longer passes when it's now a longer-yardage situation.

Either way, now we get to see what we have in Stocker and Thomas, and get to see how Doeren and Co want to utilize either one for next year.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
This Northwestern//Mississippi State game is quite enjoyable.

In related news, my Rockets put up another 120 point game but allowed over 100 again. I wish we could play a little but of defense, but these games are crazy fun to watch.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hey PE, did Andre Branch ever play OLB while he was at Clemson? Or was he strictly a DE? Just thinking of my Jags, with Knighton set to be a FA and Alualu having so many injury issues, if we let the two of them walk, then draft Lotuleilei #2 OA and flip from a 43 defense to a 34 defense, we could put out something along the lines of: DL: Babin//Lotuleilei//Mincey and LB: Allen//Posluszny//Bosworth//Branch next season

To me, that looks like it could pass rush pretty well, and also be above average against the run.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Hey PE, did Andre Branch ever play OLB while he was at Clemson? Or was he strictly a DE? Just thinking of my Jags, with Knighton set to be a FA and Alualu having so many injury issues, if we let the two of them walk, then draft Lotuleilei #2 OA and flip from a 43 defense to a 34 defense, we could put out something along the lines of: DL: Babin//Lotuleilei//Mincey and LB: Allen//Posluszny//Bosworth//Branch next season

To me, that looks like it could pass rush pretty well, and also be above average against the run.

I can't say for anything other than last year, but I don't recall him being used at anything other than DE. But you could always call up the Jags and ask them to try it out. They'll probably be up for anything at this point to have an improvement from this past season.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
clowney.0_standard_730.0.gif

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
What made Clowney's play even better was it came on the heels of a screwjob by the refs. I didn't hear, but which conference's refs were assigned to this game? Who knew that close counted in horseshoes, hand grenades, AND football now and that one only needed 9.8 yards to get a first down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA