Post-Game Talk: Canes 2 @ Canucks 3 | 1/6/16 | The Return of Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
C'mon tpm, you're a better photoshopper than this!

LOL.

Very cool, tpm. Happy Birthday. That was before the game, I'm assuming?

Bo seriously was possessed tonight. Even before he scored he was dangerous almost every shift. Seemed so determined to get a goal, and didn't let up after he got one.

Don't look now, but suddenly Bo has almost exactly as many goals as he had through the same amount of games last year.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
On a more serious note, is anyone (even slightly) wondering if Bo is a 'second half of the season late starter'? Hopefully this is just a lack of first season playing time and deployment and the sophomore slump awakening. I'll pick the latter. Hopefully, next year destroys this line of thought.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
b5IZi7A.png

Geez, look at the zero's across the board for Prust. At least Dorsett was credited with two hits although I didn't notice them.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
On a more serious note, is anyone (even slightly) wondering if Bo is a 'second half of the season late starter'? Hopefully this is just a lack of first season playing time and deployment and the sophomore slump awakening. I'll pick the latter. Hopefully, next year destroys this line of thought.

Eh, twice is not a trend. I'm hoping next year he puts the full season together.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Sven and Bo having some good games lately

Kudos to the posters earlier this year saying Sven should be put on waivers :sarcasm:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
People all over MacIntyre on Twitter.

I think he's trying to kill his career.

This article was written as a deflection from the Virtanen piece and how people are second guessing that pick.

He wrote a fluff piece for the new regime to sell the illusion of Benning making a good decision by keeping Miller.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
LOL.

Very cool, tpm. Happy Birthday. That was before the game, I'm assuming?

Bo seriously was possessed tonight. Even before he scored he was dangerous almost every shift. Seemed so determined to get a goal, and didn't let up after he got one.

Don't look now, but suddenly Bo has almost exactly as many goals as he had through the same amount of games last year.

Right from his first shift, I was just waiting for his break out play. He was like a damn bulldozer. Sophmore slump + shifting role + ever changing team mates + snakebitten + what ever other excuses we can conjure all amounted to Bo not scoring like we all knew he could. Baertschi showing signs of life and Vrbata's play picking up has also helped, but a rising tide lifts all boats.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Eh, twice is not a trend. I'm hoping next year he puts the full season together.

Of course twice in not a trend; I hear ya. But the 'late starter' thought has occurred. I expect Bo to go full Bo now, and for the rest of the year.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This article was written as a deflection from the Virtanen piece and how people are second guessing that pick.

He wrote a fluff piece for the new regime to sell the illusion of Benning making a good decision by keeping Miller.

His reasoning during the intermission was lol worthy though. Claiming Lack wasn't liked by teammates is pretty shallow, but I see where you are coming from.

He's just another puppet among a huge list of other puppets ever since this regime took over.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Yeah.

It's so tiresome hearing this crowing from certain posters whenever a player has a good game. Just enjoy that he had a good game and stop kicking sand.

Yes let's not compliment good games, but come in bashing when he has a bad game. Why can't this fan base ever say positive things, it's like saying something positive is a crime. Sven has been good for a while now.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
His reasoning during the intermission was lol worthy though. Claiming Lack wasn't liked by teammates is pretty shallow, but I see where you are coming from.

He's just another puppet among a huge list of other puppets ever since this regime took over.

I feel a 'Boom' coming forth soon.

I hope someone leaks what owners/management offered MacIntyre for the fluff piece.

..and I'm keeping my tinfoil hat ... on.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

It's certainly starting to look like a rerun of that pattern. But he's a sophomore...hard to glean too much from that really.

I did suggest earlier in the year when Bo was struggling and looked like the wheels just weren't there...Perhaps it's just a case of a young player who is going to have to figure out the right fitness/conditioning program to come into camp in later season form and go from there. We know from the training staff and other comments that Horvat had a pretty unusual season last year, fitness-wise...getting stronger and faster as the season wore on.

I think it's probably a confluence of a lot of things, and again...sophomore season, could just be something of a coincidence. But it's hard not to wonder if there's something to it, given how closely his surge seems to mirror the timeline we saw from him last year. And the fact that he had that big surge late in his draft year that shot him up draft boards to our pick. Recall him having a stronger finish to his draft+1 season with the Knights as well. :dunno:

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
I feel a 'Boom' coming forth soon.

I hope someone leaks what owners/management offered MacIntyre for the fluff piece.

..and I'm keeping my tinfoil hat ... on.

Do people really believe Benning when he said he could have traded Miller? I think it was him trying to show confidence in Miller, and if it came down to Lack or Markstrom I believe they made the right decision.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
It's certainly starting to look like a rerun of that pattern. But he's a sophomore...hard to glean too much from that really.

I did suggest earlier in the year when Bo was struggling and looked like the wheels just weren't there...Perhaps it's just a case of a young player who is going to have to figure out the right fitness/conditioning program to come into camp in later season form and go from there. We know from the training staff and other comments that Horvat had a pretty unusual season last year, fitness-wise...getting stronger and faster as the season wore on.

I think it's probably a confluence of a lot of things, and again...sophomore season, could just be something of a coincidence. But it's hard not to wonder if there's something to it, given how closely his surge seems to mirror the timeline we saw from him last year. And the fact that he had that big surge late in his draft year that shot him up draft boards to our pick. Recall him having a stronger finish to his draft+1 season with the Knights as well. :dunno:

Bo was like that in his draft year as well, started off slow then worked his way up to being the best player on his team in the playoffs.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Do people really believe Benning when he said he could have traded Miller? I think it was him trying to show confidence in Miller, and if it came down to Lack or Markstrom I believe they made the right decision.

I'd bet my life savings (6 dollars and a first edition photocopy of my first losing lottery ticket) that Benning had zero calls. Zero.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

I do. But I think that's also a good thing. It shows he doesn't wear down easily. He'll learn eventually to even it out.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Yes let's not compliment good games, but come in bashing when he has a bad game. Why can't this fan base ever say positive things, it's like saying something positive is a crime. Sven has been good for a while now.

Saying he had a good game is being positive.

Saying "neeneer neener, in your face, people that questioned him!" is turning a positive into a negative. Why can't people just enjoy that a player had a good game and leave it at that? You don't need to suck schadenfreude from every thing that happens.

People, like me, who are critical of Baertschi, literally can't win. If we compliment him on his good game, we get "LOL HE HAS A OOGD GAME NAND NOW YOU FLIP FLOOPPEd LAWL., U WERE SO STUPID TO CRITISICE HIM BEOFRE~! OH WOW THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WANTE DHIM ON WAIVERS NOW THINK HES THE BEST SO FINNICAL ::SHAKEHEADSMILIE:"

If we don't compliment him, we instead get the above post. Can't win.

Just keep the focus on the player and not the posters. People here some utterly incapable of posting about players without needing it to also be some snide remark about other posters. It's unnecessary. The posts should be about Baertschi, not about me.

Skriko

Jul 27, 2014
And the fact that he had that big surge late in his draft year that shot him up draft boards to our pick. Recall him having a stronger finish to his draft+1 season with the Knights as well. :dunno:
His best month in his draft+1 season was november, when he scored 24 points in 13 games. He had 10 games points streak then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad