Status
Not open for further replies.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
The Good:
- HORVINATOR
- Sven's goal
- Marky getting one over Edde (*evil laugh*)

The Bad:
- Vey's horribad turnover for Carolina's first goal
- Marky working on glove positioning and totally forgetting to MOVE HIS glove on Carolina's first goal
- Hansen getting injured

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Saying he had a good game is being positive.

Saying "neeneer neener, in your face, people that questioned him!" is turning a positive into a negative. Why can't people just enjoy that a player had a good game and leave it at that? You don't need to suck schadenfreude from every thing that happens.

People, like me, who are critical of Baertschi, literally can't win. If we compliment him on his good game, we get "LOL HE HAS A OOGD GAME NAND NOW YOU FLIP FLOOPPEd LAWL., U WERE SO STUPID TO CRITISICE HIM BEOFRE~! OH WOW THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WANTE DHIM ON WAIVERS NOW THINK HES THE BEST SO FINNICAL ::SHAKEHEADSMILIE:"

If we don't compliment him, we instead get the above post. Can't win.

Just keep the focus on the player and not the posters. People here some utterly incapable of posting about players without needing it to also be some snide remark about other posters. It's unnecessary. The posts should be about Baertschi, not about me.

Although it kind of looks like it I wasn't trying to single you out, I respect opinions more if they are consistent and they don't waver from game to game. But I was more so generalizing the fan base and there are definitely more negative fans on here then positive.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
It's certainly starting to look like a rerun of that pattern. But he's a sophomore...hard to glean too much from that really.

I did suggest earlier in the year when Bo was struggling and looked like the wheels just weren't there...Perhaps it's just a case of a young player who is going to have to figure out the right fitness/conditioning program to come into camp in later season form and go from there. We know from the training staff and other comments that Horvat had a pretty unusual season last year, fitness-wise...getting stronger and faster as the season wore on.

I think it's probably a confluence of a lot of things, and again...sophomore season, could just be something of a coincidence. But it's hard not to wonder if there's something to it, given how closely his surge seems to mirror the timeline we saw from him last year. And the fact that he had that big surge late in his draft year that shot him up draft boards to our pick. Recall him having a stronger finish to his draft+1 season with the Knights as well. :dunno:

Great post, and I guess we will find out.

I think I am overthinking this, but where there is smoke...

Bo, as I see it, just needs to find a permanent place, with permanent linemates, with permanently consistent attainable goals.

Notice I keep mentioning 'permanent'.

Am I wrong, or does Bo need some semblance of stability and comfort in his role and linemates before he finds his zone?

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
"LOL HE HAS A OOGD GAME NAND NOW YOU FLIP FLOOPPEd LAWL., U WERE SO STUPID TO CRITISICE HIM BEOFRE~! OH WOW THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WANTE DHIM ON WAIVERS NOW THINK HES THE BEST SO FINNICAL ::SHAKEHEADSMILIE:"

I'd much rather have this happen to me, personally. I'd like to be wrong about players I think are underperforming, because that means the team is likely winning games.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Great post, and I guess we will find out.

I think I am overthinking this, but where there is smoke...

Bo, as I see it, just needs to find a permanent place, with permanent linemates, with permanently consistent attainable goals.

Notice I keep mentioning 'permanent'.

Am I wrong, or does Bo need some semblance of stability and comfort in his role and linemates before he finds his zone?

it seems to me that the term "permanent" has no discernible meaning in WD's hockey vocabulary.

like I said before, I'd like to see if they can maintain their performance against tougher teams because, let's face it, Carolina is just a laughably awful team who's leading the charge towards Matthews along with the freaking BJs.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I'd much rather have this happen to me, personally. I'd like to be wrong about players I think are underperforming, because that means the team is likely winning games.

Oh hell yeah.

I wasn't a fan of Markstrom at all and am still very skeptical about him being a starter, but I want him to succeed and sincerely hope he still gets 80% of the starts when Miller gets back (not holding my breath though.)

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Saying he had a good game is being positive.

Saying "neeneer neener, in your face, people that questioned him!" is turning a positive into a negative. Why can't people just enjoy that a player had a good game and leave it at that? You don't need to suck schadenfreude from every thing that happens.

People, like me, who are critical of Baertschi, literally can't win. If we compliment him on his good game, we get "LOL HE HAS A OOGD GAME NAND NOW YOU FLIP FLOOPPEd LAWL., U WERE SO STUPID TO CRITISICE HIM BEOFRE~! OH WOW THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WANTE DHIM ON WAIVERS NOW THINK HES THE BEST SO FINNICAL ::SHAKEHEADSMILIE:"

Just keep the focus on the player and not the posters. People here some utterly incapable of posting about players without needing it to also be some snide remark about other posters. It's unnecessary. The posts should be about Baertschi, not about me.

S'funny, people post trash talk against a 20 year old for weeks and then don't want consequences when the guy strings it back together.

Society we live in today I guess.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
S'funny, people post trash talk against a 20 year old for weeks and then don't want consequences when the guy strings it back together.

Society we live in today I guess.

He's 23.

And by all means point out to me when he has a good because I will now on point out games he doesn't

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
it seems to me that the term "permanent" has no discernible meaning in WD's hockey vocabulary.

like I said before, I'd like to see if they can maintain their performance against tougher teams because, let's face it, Carolina is just a laughably awful team who's leading the charge towards Matthews along with the freaking BJs.

On a pure serious level, I meant to convey some sort of consistent level of deployment that coincides with Bo's comfort and confidence level.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
On a pure serious level, I meant to convey some sort of consistent level of deployment that coincides with Bo's comfort and confidence level.

Right now the only consistency I see with WD is his goddamn bromance with Dorsette and Bartkowski...
:shakehead

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Have you read these boards much? :laugh: The amount of times i've seen it suggested that Miller is some sort of locker room cancer, bad teammate, blah blah blah...

Fact:

Miller doesn't handle losing as well as Lack.

There is most certainly a catty side to Miller that does not exist in Lack.

I haven't noticed this though this season despite how bad we tanked. He's been a pro about it all.

Anything else you want to add or exaggerate?

Last edited:

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
So long before we start to hear a Marky chant in Rogers Arena? He's been getting better the more he plays. Baertschi has also improved and been much more engaged all over the ice.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
had a buddy from australia at the game and after the first 30 minutes was going to text and apologize by saying that all hockey isn't like this...but turned into a relatively entertaining game by the end

if the canucks are trending downwards then you really need to have games like this where young players like horvat and baertschi show real promise...hopefully this continues the next few months which will at least give some legitimate reasons to watch this team through the 2nd half of the season

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Close enough to 1000 posts, closing this up. Please continue talk in the Horvat/Baertschi/Other threads. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad