Post-Game Talk: Cancel the season

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
It’s true lol. Think about it. I’d say 50%+ of people who use the equipment before me do not wipe down after. And unless you want to be the guy who spends 10 minutes sterilizing everything before you get on, it’s safer to get your workout in at home.
Dude f***ing facts. Not enough wiping down equipment man shits gross.

I'm sad if this gets bad I won't be able to stay swole af

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I know you’re joking a bit, but gyms are the nastiest places. Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I’ve stopped going since this thing started blowing up. Good thing I have some equipment at home.
I’ve grown more worried about this, but I live in a smaller city, so despite there being what 1 case in Alberta? I think I’m safe for now, I’m very diligent about spraying down and cleaning the equipment I use, and I wash my hands before and after every workout even before this “pandemic”.

I very rarely get sick, but when I do I can 100% trace it back to being at the gym, the equipment is so gross and 90 % of people do not wash or wipe down the equipment. I watched a guy go piss in the change room today and not wash his hands and go use equipment without cleaning it after.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Hellebuyck is a very good goalie... he'd be my pick for the Vezina actually this season.

Oilers had many good chances to score and the Oilers got out-goalied tonight, which hasn't happened very often recently.

Full credit to a hungry Jets team with a great goalie in net tonight.

Much better overall game by the Oilers but they come up short as the Jets simply capitalized on more of their chances than the Oilers did... and again, Hellebuyck had himself an excellent game and made some great stops when he had to.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Dude f***ing facts. Not enough wiping down equipment man shits gross.

I'm sad if this gets bad I won't be able to stay swole af

Yeah normally I don't mind THAT much but I'm not going to incubate myself in a coronavirus infested sweat pool.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’ve grown more worried about this, but I live in a smaller city, so despite there being what 1 case in Alberta? I think I’m safe for now, I’m very diligent about spraying down and cleaning the equipment I use, and I wash my hands before and after every workout even before this “pandemic”.

I very rarely get sick, but when I do I can 100% trace it back to being at the gym, the equipment is so gross and 90 % of people do not wash or wipe down the equipment. I watched a guy go piss in the change room today and not wash his hands and go use equipment without cleaning it after.

You're probably OK in a smaller city. In fact there is a decent chance you won't get affected at all for the entirety of this crisis. Canada's population density is such that this is one big advantage of living in a rural town during a viral apocalypse.

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site

19 cases in Alberta as of noon today.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Two late 2nds isn't bad for a young player under team control that will most likely score 20+ goals for us next year. We're most likely going to lose a good defenceman next expansion draft regardless of if we traded for AA. In his defence he's been playing much better as the games go on and I think he'll be a useful top 6 player for us next year.
Most likely score 20+. That is quite the expectation you have there. 2 big question marks, one is will we qualify him and second is can he even play top 6 next season? Benson will definitely get a shot and Holland should convince JP to play and raise his market value.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
It’s true lol. Think about it. I’d say 50%+ of people who use the equipment before me do not wipe down after. And unless you want to be the guy who spends 10 minutes sterilizing everything before you get on, it’s safer to get your workout in at home.
I go at like 10 pm at night though. There's hardly people there around that time

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Most likely score 20+. That is quite the expectation you have there. 2 big question marks, one is will we qualify him and second is can he even play top 6 next season? Benson will definitely get a shot and Holland should convince JP to play and raise his market value.

100% he's getting qualified. Holland didn't trade for him to let him walk plus his QA is pretty low and easily fit into the cap. He'll get 20 goals if he stays in the top 6, if he plays in the bottom six then he'll probably score around 15 goals which is still decent for a player making under 3.5 million, that's the range of a 3rd line players pay.

I don't know if Benson will make the team out of camp since he still has a year of waiver eligibility left but he'll probably be a full time Oiler some time during next season.

I think JP will be back next season. No team will want to pay Holland's price for him and he'll end up signing with us.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I sterilize each bench, machine or weight before each exercise. It's a habit of mine since I started working out 7 years ago

That's fair, I was doing that a few weeks ago, but ever since this thing really blew up I just decided it wasn't worth the added stress of wondering whether or not I'm breathing in coronavirus with each rep.

Reactions: KYams17

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
That's fair, I was doing that a few weeks ago, but ever since this thing really blew up I just decided it wasn't worth the added stress of wondering whether or not I'm breathing in coronavirus with each rep.
How many cases is that now in Alberta?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How many cases is that now in Alberta?

19 I think. But this is the exponential stage of the disease right now in Canada. Cases will likely explode upwards before the rate decreases, following the pattern in China.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
It's who touched it before you, not who's there right at that moment.
Exactly that.

I also visit the gym regularly and one have to be honest. The equipment in a gym is just filthy, even without Corona. Some clean wiping after using it does not help at all, forget against a virus. If you still visit the gym, you are at a high risk of getting it.

What can yo do?

Well, you either stop going to the gym or when you insist to go, at least try to not touch your face with your hand (yeah lol, I know).

Good luck everybody. I follow it closely since my southern neighbour (Italy) is shitting the bed.

On topic:

Didn't see the game but I had a feeling we would lose this one.

Reactions: Cloned

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
19 I think. But this is the exponential stage of the disease right now in Canada. Cases will likely explode upwards before the rate decreases, following the pattern in China.
Very likely. The cases here in Qatar jumped from 24 to 262 in one day.

Reactions: Cloned

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm done with the gym for a while. The problem really isn't the equipment. You can santize your hands pretty easily and hopefully you have the discipline to not touch your face.

The issue is really the "hero" who's at the gym still working out even if he feels a little sick because "excuses are for losers" mentality. That person being in the gym doing arm curls 5-6 feet from you is the much bigger problem.

That and all those germs on your equipment are likely going straight onto your phone or earbuds if you're touching them during your workout.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Oilers haven't dominated any team at home recently. of course they will lose. I said before Oilers don't make the playoff but didn't expect the league to shut down to make my prediction true.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Oilers haven't dominated any team at home recently. of course they will lose. I said before Oilers don't make the playoff but didn't expect the league to shut down to make my prediction true.
They've gone through a tough stretch but have managed to get points. Just like ever other team have crapped the bed for a length of time during the season. Your post is trash.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Draisaitl had 10 major contributions to grade A scoring chances today. He had one costly defensive lapse, but apart from that he had a great game.

Reactions: dawunderboy

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
We haven’t been good in our own end. Smith wasn’t bad but didn’t do anything special. Was a winnable game. We out played them big time. Shame we didn’t get the win.

my donair won’t taste near as good today now :(

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Draisaitl had 10 major contributions to grade A scoring chances today. He had one costly defensive lapse, but apart from that he had a great game.
Of course he did. He was a man among boys who aside from one mistake did no wrong. So glad to see another dominant performance from him.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad