Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Back in his home province:

12042897_909080802500121_9177866798797962630_n.png

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Streak will end at 11 in Calgary. Flames played Canadiens super hard couple of times last year. There's no way Habs can beat them on back2back nights in their arena.
Never say never. In the end this won't go on forever but if they can take two out of three in eastern Canada that would be sweet.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Hopefully we stay disciplined during this one.. I've got a feeling that Prusty's going to cause some **** along with his buddy Dorsett, just because he knows that we don't really have push-back against that kind of game. As long as we stay out of the box and capitalize on any potential PP opportunities, we'll be good.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Prust was always at his best versus his former team (Rangers) when he was with us, not sure what to expect from him tomorrow

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Hopefully we stay disciplined during this one.. I've got a feeling that Prusty's going to cause some **** along with his buddy Dorsett, just because he knows that we don't really have push-back against that kind of game. As long as we stay out of the box and capitalize on any potential PP opportunities, we'll be good.
Our pushback is pucks in the net on the PP.
He will maybe play harder than usual but I don't expect stupid Rinaldo type shenanigans.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
As much as I generally agree with the adage "don't fix it if it's not broken", I think these back to back games are an opportunity for Therrien to rotate his bottom pairing defensemen. I'd like Pateryn to see some ice time if the team keeps playing the way they did against Buffalo and Toronto.

Beaulieu really needs to pick up the pace. He has been looking like a rookie more often than not this season. Not anywhere close to the level he was playing at last season and in the playoffs.

Give him a better defense partner and his play will improve. Gilbert is garbage.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
That would be a mistake.

Calgary still has a great team, especially in comparison to Edmonton. I would start Price against Calgary.

I hope he plays Edmonton. He plays Calgary every year, and every year I get the backup in Edmonton. 5 Habs games I've been to, not once have I seen Pricey play. Kinda sucks.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I hope he plays Edmonton. He plays Calgary every year, and every year I get the backup in Edmonton. 5 Habs games I've been to, not once have I seen Pricey play. Kinda sucks.

#justedmontonianproblems
I know that feeling m8, fellow Edmontonian here :cry:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Cool stat I just saw: Pacioretty, Petry, and Emelin have yet to be on the ice for a 5-on-5 GA

Full credit to Emelin for stepping up his game, Petry for solidifying our 2nd pairing and Pacioretty for being a two-way beast just like last year!

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Not convinced that this one is a win lock. We're a better team, but that west coast swing is usually poor, and with 4 consecutive home losses, Van's gotta be due for a W soon.

Either way, it would be cool to make it a 10th.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Not convinced that this one is a win lock. We're a better team, but that west coast swing is usually poor, and with 4 consecutive home losses, Van's gotta be due for a W soon.

Canucks have actually lost all 5 home games. All by one goal and 3 in overtime.

0-2-3

Habs are my 2nd fav team but I really hope the Canucks break the steak ;) unlikely. Only so that my manager can't rub it in. Tiday he says " so I've already pencilled in the 10-0 record"

Last edited:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Cool stat I just saw: Pacioretty, Petry, and Emelin have yet to be on the ice for a 5-on-5 GA

Full credit to Emelin for stepping up his game, Petry for solidifying our 2nd pairing and Pacioretty for being a two-way beast just like last year!

All great players without the puck. Petry Emelin complements well each other from what I saw so far.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I feel this streak is great for the team, this could be just another road trip in a long season but now it's an opportunity to make history.

All the vets made their presence felt at different times during that streak; Price,Markov, Subban, Plekanec,Pacioretty,Gally,Eller,Emelin, Fleishmann heck even DD had his moments.

Rookie Condon also chipped in with 2 Ws. Condo know$

Zephyr666

Apr 17, 2013
What about Byron, Tinordi and Pateryn? Is it safe to assume they'll see some ice after the 1st defeat? Let's hope it's later than sooner :P

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

It's not a lock by any means, and Vancouver is the only stop where the Habs have recent success, but the Canucks are also in pretty good form, despite Detroit stealing a win against them on saturday.

It's funny how things work. I think it was 2011 or 2012 that price won a game at Rogers arena. He was the first Habs goalie to pull that feat off since Jeff Hackett in 1999 or 2000ish. Some of the most embarrassing defeats took place in this arena, and it seemed like the Habs would never win here again.

Now, since that win by price,the Habs have yet to lose a regulation game at roger's arena, and the only game that the Canucks won in that stretch was with unlucky officiating for the Habs. If you recall, burrows took out Emelin, and received a suspension, but the goal stood. Habs got the short end in OT as well in that game.

So who knows, maybe this is the year that the Habs reverse a trend in Alberta. As seen with the Vancouver case, streaks come and go, good and bad.

Apr 28, 2010
I know the players keep saying they don't care about the record but I would go out there now like it's Game 7.

Make history, boys!

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
It is going to be interesting to see how the Habs respond to being down a goal or two in the 3rd.

I will bet that they respond very very well with an intelligent and sustained all-out attack.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
What about Byron, Tinordi and Pateryn? Is it safe to assume they'll see some ice after the 1st defeat? Let's hope it's later than sooner :P

I just hope they play Byron against his previous team to make them pay!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Streak will end at 11 in Calgary. Flames played Canadiens super hard couple of times last year. There's no way Habs can beat them on back2back nights in their arena.

Who at the beginning of this season ever thought 4-0 was possible, let alone 9-0? There is no "no way" with the Habs right now. They find a way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad