Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens vs Canucks

• Thread starter FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
  • Start date

Flashmann*

Streak will end at 11 in Calgary. Flames played Canadiens super hard couple of times last year. There's no way Habs can beat them on back2back nights in their arena.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Habs have to beat Vancouver because it's essentially Price's homegame and all his family will be there, not to mention Gallagher.

That's a must win. We sucked against both Edmonton and Calgary last year and that's a back-to-back. Then we come home with only one day's rest (so 3 games in 4 nights on a western road trip) to play a tough Winnipeg team.

That's a tough schedule, and a tiring one. I'll be happy if we go 1-1-1. Definitely picking up our 1st loss somewhere in there.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Streak will end at 11 in Calgary. Flames played Canadiens super hard couple of times last year. There's no way Habs can beat them on back2back nights in their arena.

Can't say "no way" with this team. We have the depth and will be trying to find a way. Many scenarios could lead to a win. We could see Semin or Fleishmann or Eller explode for a hat trick.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Habs have to beat Vancouver because it's essentially Price's homegame and all his family will be there, not to mention Gallagher.

That's a must win. We sucked against both Edmonton and Calgary last year and that's a back-to-back. Then we come home with only one day's rest (so 3 games in 4 nights on a western road trip) to play a tough Winnipeg team.

That's a tough schedule, and a tiring one. I'll be happy if we go 1-1-1. Definitely picking up our 1st loss somewhere in there.

We sucked against Buffalo and Otttawa last year too and we absolutely wrecked them. Not saying we won't lose one of these games, just that we shouldn't use last year's team as an indication. We're a different team.

BoardsOfFun

Oct 20, 2015
Habs will be rested
Price will be great
Subban, Markov, Petry will shine
Patches will score
The streak will continue

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We sucked against Buffalo and Otttawa last year too and we absolutely wrecked them. Not saying we won't lose one of these games, just that we shouldn't use last year's team as an indication. We're a different team.

I expect we lose to Edmonton, beat Calgary and then either beat or lose to Winnipeg in OT.

Edmonton is faaaast, and talented. If we allow them unbridled access to our zone like in the Toronto game, they'll score a lot of goals. Their D sucks, so that'll help us.

The team has fallen back to old ways in the past week, allowing too many shots. Fortunately, the PP has turned around (now 8th in the league), and the opposition goalies have sucked.

Habs need to turn that around again. Old habits die hard.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Can't say "no way" with this team. We have the depth and will be trying to find a way. Many scenarios could lead to a win. We could see Semin or Fleishmann or Eller explode for a hat trick.

Agreed.

The Habs have not needed to mount a 3rd period comeback yet this season.

I think they will relish the team challenge when it arrises.

The leadership is very strong.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I expect we lose to Edmonton, beat Calgary and then either beat or lose to Winnipeg in OT.

Edmonton is faaaast, and talented. If we allow them unbridled access to our zone like in the Toronto game, they'll score a lot of goals. Their D sucks, so that'll help us.

The team has fallen back to old ways in the past week, allowing too many shots. Fortunately, the PP has turned around (now 8th in the league), and the opposition goalies have sucked.

Habs need to turn that around again. Old habits die hard.

Just like Buffalo?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We usually suck on western Canada trips but this team is different, more aggressive, solid from top to bottom. The Leafs game was a result of back to back games and a tired team, it will be different against the Canucks. Price is from BC so the guys will want to give it the extra effort for him. I really like how we are playing but the streak has to end, too much focus on it right now. Go Habs!!!

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
We usually suck on western Canada trips but this team is different, more aggressive, solid from top to bottom. The Leafs game was a result of back to back games and a tired team, it will be different against the Canucks. Price is from BC so the guys will want to give it the extra effort for him. I really like how we are playing but the streak has to end, too much focus on it right now. Go Habs!!!

No more than all the media hype surrounding any NHL team that makes it to the SC Finals.

It is a mental test for the players to block outside noise out.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
As much as I generally agree with the adage "don't fix it if it's not broken", I think these back to back games are an opportunity for Therrien to rotate his bottom pairing defensemen. I'd like Pateryn to see some ice time if the team keeps playing the way they did against Buffalo and Toronto.

Beaulieu really needs to pick up the pace. He has been looking like a rookie more often than not this season. Not anywhere close to the level he was playing at last season and in the playoffs.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No more than all the media hype surrounding any NHL team that makes it to the SC Finals.

It is a mental test for the players to block outside noise out.

It's amazing to be 9-0 to start the season but it is tough to continue a streak like that when you know that every team is rising their game to beat you. As far as the media, playing in Montreal is on a different level for players and they are used to a strong media presence.

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
My dream is to watch the Habs someday in Ottawa... Still only watched Sens games when I was younger and now I'm too broke (student) to afford to go to a game :facepalm:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Who's NEXT!!??? 10-0

1TXWdZ.gif

Nynja*

:rant: Don't say that. I will be at that game..

I wont, not this year :( went on stubhub.com and they wanted like 700USD for two lowerbowl tickets, 650 for upper bowl. That wasnt a problem last year when i had some student loan to blow, not the case this year lol.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
As much as I generally agree with the adage "don't fix it if it's not broken", I think these back to back games are an opportunity for Therrien to rotate his bottom pairing defensemen. I'd like Pateryn to see some ice time if the team keeps playing the way they did against Buffalo and Toronto.

Beaulieu really needs to pick up the pace. He has been looking like a rookie more often than not this season. Not anywhere close to the level he was playing at last season and in the playoffs.

He play with a very average Gilbert. Need to play with a solid defensive responsible def. An updgrade to Gilbert is needed. Let's try Pateryn.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
In fact, my only concern is game 46 against Anaheim. They may well end habs sequence at this moment.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
He play with a very average Gilbert. Need to play with a solid defensive responsible def. An updgrade to Gilbert is needed. Let's try Pateryn.

Pateryn is not much of an upgrade over Gilbert. Gilbert as been very good in his role as a #6 defensemen.

I agree with the fact that both Pateryn and Tinordi should be getting at least one game on the road trip.

Apr 28, 2010
I wont, not this year :( went on stubhub.com and they wanted like 700USD for two lowerbowl tickets, 650 for upper bowl. That wasnt a problem last year when i had some student loan to blow, not the case this year lol.

Check ticketmaster.ca again. They have resale tickets. I wish I waited, ****. I already bought 4 press level tickets from Stubhub for $145 each.

I hate myself for it.. lol. Now, Condon might even play that game and not Price. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad