Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens vs Blue Jackets

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Didn't ROR make disparaging comments about Buffalo when he was there and let it be known that he wanted out?
I think he said it wasn't fun going to the rink, it was more ( from my perspective) about the atmosphere in the room, not the atmosphere in the city.

For what it's worth I think he also did the " player leaving pays for full page newspaper letter to fans".

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Good match up tonight in the Blue Jackets. Both teams have very good goalies and are trending well since December.

Since December 1st:

- Habs have the 7th most points (30 pts in 23 games)
- BJ have the 9th most points (27 pts in 21 games)

- Habs have scored 69 goals (ranks tied 7th)
- BJ have scored 64 goals (ranks tied 15th)

- Habs have allowed 59 goals (ranks 10th)
- BJ have allowed 60 goals (ranks tied 11th)

- Habs are 13-8-3 on the road
- BJ are 14-8-2 at home
The game is on Friday.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Next 6 games are all very winnable games. Would be nice to extend this winning streak.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's weird actually. We just played a back to back and now we have to go into Columbus on Friday and then fly back and face Philly in Montreal on Saturday night. The NHL schedule is strange sometimes.

It is weird sometimes. I don't mind Friday games though. But I do hate Sunday. It conflicts with my curling league haha.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Next 6 games are all very winnable games. Would be nice to extend this winning streak.
The Sabres won last night and here we are firmly in a playoff race and if they want to hold position it is critical going into the all star break to maintain this momentum. I wanted a high draft pick by the way but the team on the ice is not going away so it is what it is.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Sabres won last night and here we are firmly in a playoff race and if they want to hold position it is critical going into the all star break to maintain this momentum. I wanted a high draft pick by the way but the team on the ice is not going away so it is what it is.

Lets cross our fingers that we hit with the pick we end up with. It's still possible but harder. 13-20 range maybe now? If Lavoie slips to that range, I consider taking him. Hard to say cause we can't predict who is going to be available by the time we pick.

With Romanov looking like he is a potential steal. What do you go after? I know BPA but at that point, I don't think that becomes clear.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Lets cross our fingers that we hit with the pick we end up with. It's still possible but harder. 13-18 range maybe now? If Lavoie slips to that range, I consider taking him. Hard to say cause we can't predict who is going to be available by the time we pick.

With Romanov looking like he is a potential steal. What do you go after? I know BPA but at that point, I don't think that becomes clear.
I am certainly not a draft guru by any means and I don't really follow prospects like some of you do here. One option with a potentially late first round pick might be to use it in a trade package for a young RD (no target here) because the potential of that late first pick is more of a gamble to ever be a significant roster piece than an already established young D man. Just a thought.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am certainly not a draft guru by any means and I don't really follow prospects like some of you do here. One option with a potentially late first round pick might be to use it in a trade package for a young RD (no target here) because the potential of that late first pick is more of a gamble to ever be a significant roster piece than an already established young D man. Just a thought.

A young RD or LD? We already have a stock pile of RD's... Juulsen, Brook, Fleury on top of Weber and Petry. Left side looks better than it did to start the year now... Mete, Kulak, Reilly, with Romanov coming in 1 or 2 years.

I'd be open to going after a young LD under team control or term in their contract. Imagine a team with depth at LD and looking for a RD. Juulsen and a 1st would be a serious package.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
A young RD or LD? We already have a stock pile of RD's... Juulsen, Brook, Fleury on top of Weber and Petry. Left side looks better than it did to start the year now... Mete, Kulak, Reilly, with Romanov coming in 1 or 2 years.

I'd be open to going after a young LD under team control or term in their contract. Imagine a team with depth at LD and looking for a RD. Juulsen and a 1st would be a serious package.
Left D is definitely a priority but any good young defender that can be had in a trade package involving a late first round pick and someone from our roster should be something that the habs look at doing at the draft.

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016
Habs rarely win games on Friday nights.....
Kenny Agostino is giving Darche q run for his money in the "fringe player who inexplicably on the PP" category.

Agostino was possibly playing PP at all levels so far except NHL. Nothing to lose here.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Why Agostino , why not Mete or even Danault...
well Agostino is in front of the net on this PP. So no Mete for sure. And I think Claude's coaching is to give each player a role either PP or PK. That's why Danault is not on the PP.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
well Agostino is in front of the net on this PP. So no Mete for sure. And I think Claude's coaching is to give each player a role either PP or PK. That's why Danault is not on the PP.

I think our PP should be,

PP1:

Drouin-Domi-Armia
Mete - Weber

PP2:
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Rielly - Petry

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think our PP should be,

PP1:

Drouin-Domi-Armia
Mete - Weber

PP2:
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Rielly - Petry

What is Armia's role on the PP? He hasn't scored a PP goal in his career.

I understand he's effective along the boards but there's got to be a reason he's been on such a lengthy drought.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad