Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens vs Blue Jackets

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Byron out, I assume they'll use this opportunity to showcase Hudon as best they can.

I'd go:

Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Domi-Lehkonen
Hudon-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Deslauriers-Chaput-Agostino

I'd slot Hudon in where Byron was - with Tatar and Domi. But your lineup is good.

I also have KK with Drouin and Gallagher to begin with. But Julien refuses to try that.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
A big test for this team but a very winnable game. What crazy is that a win here would put the Habs even for top spot in the metro and would proper them above Boston and Toronto provided they lose.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I would ice
Drouin - Kotka - Gallagher
Tatar - Domi - Armia
Lehkonen - Danault - [insert here]
[insert here] - [insert here] - [insert here]

Reactions: mattyboy

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'd slot Hudon in where Byron was - with Tatar and Domi. But your lineup is good.

I also have KK with Drouin and Gallagher to begin with. But Julien refuses to try that.

Yeah I try to put some consideration into what Julien will go with. He won't break that Danault line, and Tatar is better than Hudon to play with Domi, while Lehkonen has speed and grit to dig out the puck.

KK and Armia will slow the play down enough for Hudon to utilize his IQ and skill. I think Hudon will look best on a line like that, which gives him space.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I expect to see:

Drouin - Domi - Lekhonen/Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Armia/Lekhonen
Agostino - Chaput - Deslauriers

Mete - Weber
Rielly - Petry
Kulak - Benn

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Replace Byron’s speed with Peca’s speed

Would you give Hudon any of the games or would you decide depending on what Peca does with a first opportunity, assuming Peca gets the nod?

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hudon is done in my opinion. Simply can’t skate in this era. It’s a shame because he is really skilled.

Then, how do they find a way to trade him if they're not playing him? I guess the next 3 games will confirm it. If he can't even get in now that a regular player is off for 3 games, then any sliver of hope will have been completely dashed.

Reactions: jaffy27

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I am with Tyson here and I would definitely give the game to Peca, he should certainly be pissed for all of the time he has been sitting and hopefully would make the most of his opportunity and if he lays an egg you can still go back to Hudon on Saturday. The thing is, neither player figures to be part of our future so it's a nothing to lose sort of venture. One other option would be to recall big mac and give him a game.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am with Tyson here and I would definitely give the game to Peca, he should certainly be pissed for all of the time he has been sitting and hopefully would make the most of his opportunity and if he lays an egg you can still go back to Hudon on Saturday. The thing is, neither player figures to be part of our future so it's a nothing to lose sort of venture. One other option would be to recall big mac and give him a game.

I really like the McCarron option. Why not.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think we only have to worry about Buffalo catching us. I don't think it will happen but who knows.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
What happened to Buffalo? I thought that they were free and clear and all of a sudden they are on the outside looking in.
I never understood why people thought they would turn it around. That ROR was terrible. They are a one line team and have little to no depth outside of that first line.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad