Proposal: Canadiens trades vs (arz)(njd)(sjs)(ana)

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I thought Anaheim was a team with an internal budget. Buying out Bieksa has a penalty of 1.3M for the next 4 years. That might not be a very popular solution for your management...

...just my thoughts.

And losing one of their best defensemen in Fowler, because of Bieksa, is an even worse solution.

Murray has already ****ed up. Let's be clear about that. A mistake was already made. That part is done, and he can't just erase it. The best thing he can do now is mitigate the damage.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That's the cost to buy him out right now, not next off s season.

Which they obviously can't do anyway, since we're past the buyout period.

He'd be 1.3M for two years at the end of this next season.

Yeah, it sucks, but that's still significantly better than losing Fowler.

Edit: This is all assuming they want to retain Fowler. Even if he isn't moved this off-season, it's entirely possible they enter the season with him and move him at, or before, the trade deadline. Personally, I'm much, much more comfortable with this blue line with Cam Fowler on it than without. It sets Anaheim up as a good all-around defensive team, relying on a great shutdown line, and a damn good defense. I suspect moving Fowler just ends up with Anaheim being mediocre all-around.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You could even make a back room deal with LV and Bieska that he waives, gets picked up, ensuring you don't lose Manson, et al and then you pay a premium in futures to get him back after 1 Jan. Anahiem is really trading for the cap savings and not losing anyone in the X Draft in this scenario, so they'd have to be "overpaying" when they trade to get him back.
You wouldn't be able to enforce this so Murray would have to have an awfully good relationship with Maloney or Mellanby.

Or one of the other unpleasant but achievable ways of keeping Fowler. I don't imagine that trading Fowler for futures is a top option.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
lol @Ducks fan that declines Scherbak + 1st + Delarose VS Fowler

and then have the balls to ask for Galchenyuk for Fowler? Even Benning isnt that bad to do something like that.

Just lose Fowler at the end of the season to Las Vegas.. for nothing. Couldn't care less.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015

and then have the balls to ask for Galchenyuk for Fowler? Even Benning isnt that bad to do something like that.

Just lose Fowler at the end of the season to Las Vegas.. for nothing. Couldn't care less.

Those prospects and picks do nothing for a contending team

Last edited by a moderator:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

You seem to care quite a bit.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

You seem pretty worked up for someone who doesn't care. That package doesn't help the Ducks enough to justify moving Fowler, it really doesn't matter what you think of the value.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Its 8 skaters besides the goalie, or 7 forwards, 3 defensemen and 1 goalie...

NTC do need to be protected...

...do your homework before playing the game...;)

Just give up. You proposed an absolutely terrible deal for the Ducks and are now using things that you think are facts to back it up. You don't leave Fowler exposed for Bieksa.

Ducksgo*

They won't make our roster. How hard is that to understand? They are prospects at the end of the day which we don't need absolutely at all.

They will goto training camp and not make the team and be suffice to the AHL. How hard is that to grasp?

You can't add up prospects and a pick for a top 2/3 defenseman and expect a win now mode team to to accept that.

Edit: If so? And you like the deal? How about we do the same and offer more of the same thing for Weber? Would you accept?

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
They won't make our roster. How hard is that to understand? They are prospects at the end of the day which we don't need absolutely at all.

They will goto training camp and not make the team and be suffice to the AHL. How hard is that to grasp?

You can't add up prospects and a pick for a top 2/3 defenseman and expect a win now mode team to to accept that.

Edit: If so? And you like the deal? How about we do the same and offer more of the same thing for Weber? Would you accept?

Compare Fowler with Weber? Ya right. I actually don't like the deal, it's an overpayement value wise.

Ducksgo*

Compare Fowler with Weber? Ya right. I actually don't like the deal, it's an overpayement value wise.

Not comparing at all. I'm saying would Montreal accept a package of prospects and picks to accept a deal for Weber? Absolutely not even if the prospects example is increased. That's the only thing I was trying to state it makes absolutely no sense.... No sense what so ever

Ducksgo*

I find it funny that this thread has gone to this length and no one likes either deal for 5+ pages worth of the OP. You got a no from all sides that's how bad this is.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
I find it funny that this thread has gone to this length and no one likes either deal for 5+ pages worth of the OP. You got a no from all sides that's how bad this is.

Terrible trade proposals are usually banned from a moderator...
Bad trades rarely exceed 2 or 3 pages...
The lenght of this thread indicates that there is a base for argument...
Either side not liking the trade proposal, is actually a compliment for whats worth, because it means its not lopsided...

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Not comparing at all. I'm saying would Montreal accept a package of prospects and picks to accept a deal for Weber? Absolutely not even if the prospects example is increased. That's the only thing I was trying to state it makes absolutely no sense.... No sense what so ever

Weber is a recently acquired player, and there is no comparison between Weber's and Fowler's value...
...make an offer for Petry and we will definitely consider...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Terrible trade proposals are usually banned from a moderator...
Bad trades rarely exceed 2 or 3 pages...
The lenght of this thread indicates that there is a base for argument...
Either side not liking the trade proposal, is actually a compliment for whats worth, because it means its not lopsided...

none of this even remotely true, lol. The only trade proposals that get closed super early are ones that are hugely lopsided for no reason. Most trades don't seem to get closed unless the comments start to get vile.

And once again, you're proposal does not consider our needs at all. Prospects and picks are good for teams that are rebuilding, not teams that are trying to win while their best players can still be their best players.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Weber is a recently acquired player, and there is no comparison between Weber's and Fowler's value...
...make an offer for Petry and we will definitely consider...

There's no point in making a prospects/picks kind of trade for Petry from us because we don't need Petry. You guys want/need Fowler (or else you wouldn't be making a trade proposal for him), so you'll have to give up something that helps us in our needs. This isn't NHL 16 where you can just keep adding picks and prospects to match a value and get what you want.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Just give up. You proposed an absolutely terrible deal for the Ducks and are now using things that you think are facts to back it up. You don't leave Fowler exposed for Bieksa.

Very proud for uniting the whole West Coast fan base, actually...

When you post an argument you should back it up, or else its rather irrelevant. For example you believe that you dont leave Fowler exposed for Bieksa. If so, you dont explain how they can avoid it, and dont begin with the Bieksa lifting his NTC, because thats not something they can control...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Very proud for uniting the whole West Coast fan base, actually...

When you post an argument you should back it up, or else its rather irrelevant. For example you believe that you dont leave Fowler exposed for Bieksa. If so, you dont explain how they can avoid it, and dont begin with the Bieksa lifting his NTC, because thats not something they can control...

We can buy him out. If Murray was so desperate to trade Fowler because of the expansion draft, he could trade him easily. His asking price is really high right now, so obviously that means Murray wants to keep Fowler and won't just trade him for a quantity for quality trade (like yours.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad