Proposal: Canadiens trades vs (arz)(njd)(sjs)(ana)

Stephaaane

Feb 13, 2009
Qc
Some CH fans doesnt seem to get the point... Ducks will trade Fowler if they get a top 6 LW to plug with Getzlaf. They dont want prospect and picks or another defenceman. Ducks arent rebuilding and they can protect Fowler without any major issue. So, if they dont fill a need for next season, they will keep Fowler. If Bob Murray exchange Fowler for prospects and picks, wether he is stupid or its a MAJOR overpayment.

Stephaaane

Feb 13, 2009
Qc
I can see something like De La Rose+Lernout+1rst pick for Fowler. DD could be a good fit in Carolina and I'm ready to give a 4th with him for a project prospect.

De La Rose and Lernout holds a pretty low value. Every teams has those in their system.

Carolina has J.Staal, Lindholm, Rask, Skinner, Stempniak, Teravainen, Nestrasil, Aho and Di Giussepe in their top 9. If one of them doesn't make the team, doubtful, they should go for a PTO. No point in getting Desharnais. If they take Desharnais, they'll ship a worse contract back IMO. The only way IMO we can exchange Desharnais is if a team is plagued with injury during the season and need a stop gap for the remainder of the season.

My 2 cents as an Habs supporter

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Some CH fans doesnt seem to get the point... Ducks will trade Fowler if they get a top 6 LW to plug with Getzlaf. They dont want prospect and picks or another defenceman. Ducks arent rebuilding and they can protect Fowler without any major issue. So, if they dont fill a need for next season, they will keep Fowler. If Bob Murray exchange Fowler for prospects and picks, wether he is stupid or its a MAJOR overpayment.

I didn't bother to explain previously to the Sharks/Ducks fans why i predict Fowler will be in a Vegas uniform soon enough, but i am willing to do it for you.

Every NHL team can protect max 8 players without their goalie. Players with NMC/NTC must be protected.

Anaheim oughts to protect Getzlaf, Perry, Cogliano, Kesler, Bieksa because of the NMC/NTC limits. Its a no brainer that they will protect Rakell, and newly resigned Vatanen and Lindholm. Thats 8 players right there...If they go the 7F and 3D route they still have Bieksa, Vatanen and Lindholm as the 3D to protect.

So, my guess is that obviously they will have a hard time protecting Fowler...If i can figure this out i think most NHL GM's do also, thats why Ducks fans will be on for a suprise for the return of this trade in the immidiate future...

mytduxfan*

I didn't bother to explain previously to the Sharks/Ducks fans why i predict Fowler will be in a Vegas uniform soon enough, but i am willing to do it for you.

Every NHL team can protect max 8 players without their goalie. Players with NMC/NTC must be protected.

Anaheim oughts to protect Getzlaf, Perry, Cogliano, Kesler, Bieksa because of the NMC/NTC limits. Its a no brainer that they will protect Rakell, and newly resigned Vatanen and Lindholm. Thats 8 players right there...If they go the 7F and 3D route they still have Bieksa, Vatanen and Lindholm as the 3D to protect.

So, my guess is that obviously they will have a hard time protecting Fowler...If i can figure this out i think most NHL GM's do also, thats why Ducks fans will be on for a suprise for the return of this trade in the immidiate future...

Or.....

1. Trade Fowler to DET for Tatar+.
2. Buyout Bieksa if he refuses to waive his NTC.
3. Protect Lindholm, Vatanen and Manson and expose Despres (who likely gets taken) and Stoner.
4. Replace Despres with Montour.

D-corp going into 2017-18 season:

Lindholm - Manson
Theodore - Vatanen
Stoner - Montour
Larsson

:yo:

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015

They can protect 10 skaters besides the goalie.

NTC'S don't need to be protected.

Bieksa can be bought out.

Fowler would be a player that gets protected if he's on the roster.

Thx for playing

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Thx for playing

nope, 8 skaters and a goalie....
or 7/3/1. Bieksa would need to be bough out for the ducks to keep lindholm, fowler and vatanen. imagine if he got hurt though :laugh:

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
or 7/3/1. Bieksa would need to be bough out for the ducks to keep lindholm, fowler and vatanen. imagine if he got hurt though :laugh:

yea, 7 + 3 = 10. Which is 7/3/1.

Nobody takes a crap return on a trade because they're worried the guy that's gonna get bought out might get hurt.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
While true, you have to wonder how hard it would be to get Bieksa to waive in the situation where Fowler stays. He'd be 1 of 3-4 exposed including Manson and Despres. LV isn't taking a 36 soon to be 37 year old Bieksa with a year left over those 2. The guy is pretty safe from the expansion draft.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
yea, 7 + 3 = 10. Which is 7/3/1.

Nobody takes a crap return on a trade because they're worried the guy that's gonna get bought out might get hurt.

7+3+1 is different than 10 skaters + 1 goalie though. the any skater + goalie rout is 8+1.

no one is taking bieksa. ducks have to hold him and pray he doesnt get hurt.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
While true, you have to wonder how hard it would be to get Bieksa to waive in the situation where Fowler stays. He'd be 1 of 3-4 exposed including Manson and Despres. LV isn't taking a 36 soon to be 37 year old Bieksa with a year left over those 2. The guy is pretty safe from the expansion draft.

why would he risk it though?

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
7+3+1 is different than 10 skaters + 1 goalie though. the any skater + goalie rout is 8+1.

no one is taking bieksa. ducks have to hold him and pray he doesnt get hurt.

Yes, I realize that. Both forwards and defensmen are considered skaters tho. I don't see the team only protecting 4 forwards.

Becuase otherwise he gets bought out. If that's fine with him, then cool. If he wants to be on the team the next year, he waives it.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

Try and help the team? The team is weaker if they lose a player like Fowler to expansion. If he wants to stay a Duck and not force BM to buy him out. There are reasons. Weather they convince him to actually waive is another story. At the end of the day it is probably in his best interest not to from a personal stand point. BM will eat Bieksa 1.3 mill in a buyout before he loses Fowler to expansion though.

Stephaaane

Feb 13, 2009
Qc
Or.....

1. Trade Fowler to DET for Tatar+.
2. Buyout Bieksa if he refuses to waive his NTC.
3. Protect Lindholm, Vatanen and Manson and expose Despres (who likely gets taken) and Stoner.
4. Replace Despres with Montour.

D-corp going into 2017-18 season:

Lindholm - Manson
Theodore - Vatanen
Stoner - Montour
Larsson

:yo:

Furthermore, a trade can be done with Las Vegas to protect Fowler.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It's just silly to suggest the Ducks would leave a player of Fowler's caliber exposed for expansion. Common sense says they'll use one of the many avenues available to ensure that doesn't happen.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Furthermore, a trade can be done with Las Vegas to protect Fowler.

I'm real curious to see if teams will proceed with trades in order to ensure certain exposed players remain on the roster. I don't know all the rules of the expansion draft, but I doubt NHL has one against trading with Vegas in order to have no one exposed.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Teams can protect 7-3-1 too

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
I'm real curious to see if teams will proceed with trades in order to ensure certain exposed players remain on the roster. I don't know all the rules of the expansion draft, but I doubt NHL has one against trading with Vegas in order to have no one exposed.

There will no doubt be a number of trades...
The advantage goes to teams with free spots to protect players, against teams that cant. I believe we will see some talented players traded for futures...

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
It's just silly to suggest the Ducks would leave a player of Fowler's caliber exposed for expansion. Common sense says they'll use one of the many avenues available to ensure that doesn't happen.

Can you please explain those avenues?

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013

Thx for playing

Its 8 skaters besides the goalie, or 7 forwards, 3 defensemen and 1 goalie...

NTC do need to be protected...

...do your homework before playing the game...;)

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Good luck convincing Bieksa to waive...

It isn't all that far-fetched for Bieksa to waive. He's unlikely to be picked up, and it helps the Ducks to protect a better player.

I'm not suggesting it's some guarantee, but it certainly isn't the impossibility you seem to be implying.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Try and help the team? The team is weaker if they lose a player like Fowler to expansion. If he wants to stay a Duck and not force BM to buy him out. There are reasons. Weather they convince him to actually waive is another story. At the end of the day it is probably in his best interest not to from a personal stand point. BM will eat Bieksa 1.3 mill in a buyout before he loses Fowler to expansion though.

I thought Anaheim was a team with an internal budget. Buying out Bieksa has a penalty of 1.3M for the next 4 years. That might not be a very popular solution for your management...

...just my thoughts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad