Confirmed with Link: Canadiens trade for Christian Dvorak for Cond. '22 1st (best but top 10 protected) + '24 2nd Part II

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I mean he scored the key goal in Game 7 vs the Leafs. Scored the GWG against the Jets in Game 1 when it could have gone either way. Made a nice play for the series clinching goal against Vegas. So while I understand wanting more points from him, the ones he did get were key. That’s from playing with two offensive black holes as linemates.
Lol that Campbell goal was absolute garbage. That whole line made the great play for the Vegas goal. Gallagher was pure garbage in the playoffs. All talk but nothing to back it up. Danault was a big reason as to why our PK was sensational in the playoffs while Gallagher was huffing and puffing after a 30 second shift.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol that Campbell goal was absolute garbage. That whole line made the great play for the Vegas goal. Gallagher was pure garbage in the playoffs. All talk but nothing to back it up. Danault was a big reason as to why our PK was sensational in the playoffs while Gallagher was huffing and puffing after a 30 second shift.

The goal went in. Who cares how it went in. He scored it. Danault didn’t score a goal until the Cup finals. A once in a lifetime shot. But let’s grovel to him until the end of time.

Gallagher forced to play a shutdown role with two guys that can’t pass worth shit. All his fault apparently.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This team has no chance of making playoffs. Mass injuries, aging leaders... if we are to find some silver lining in this year, it is to develop the young guys to play within a solid system.
Issue remains, again and again, our C depth.
It's time to bite the bullet and find an amicable trade option for Eichel.
A team with Eichel at 1C, Suzuki at 2C, Dvorak at 3C is an amazing lineup for 6-7 years.
Just do it... eichel is a write off for this season, and our season is already a writeoff.

i'd be surprised if the sabers would trade him to us without an overpay. I assume they would want one of Suzuki/Caufield. I wouldn't do it as I would worry about Eichel's injury vs having another 10M cap hit player on the team.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The goal went in. Who cares how it went in. He scored it. Danault didn’t score a goal until the Cup finals. A once in a lifetime shot. But let’s grovel to him until the end of time.

Gallagher forced to play a shutdown role with two guys that can’t pass worth shit. All his fault apparently.
Ya the coaching staff told him "look I know you are a 30 goalscorer, but I want you not to do jack shit offensively ok? Just be good defensively but you arent good enough to PK".

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
i'd be surprised if the sabers would trade him to us without an overpay. I assume they would want one of Suzuki/Caufield. I wouldn't do it as I would worry about Eichel's injury vs having another 10M cap hit player on the team.
I'd be perfectly fine with trading Caufield and a prospect straight up. We gotta give something - and Caufield fits the bill. Suzuki would be a useless trade as we are looking to finally shore up our middle since the 90s.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I Like him and all the little plays he makes. I like his faceoff numbers. But until proven otherwise, he's a 40-points player.

Reactions: KotkaZuki

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
It's actually because the way the team is playing. It's uninspiring hockey. They seem lost out there and some are making terrible plays.

The Habs played uninspiring hockey most of last year and made it to the finals. Things change fast in sports and fans forget even faster.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The Habs played uninspiring hockey most of last year and made it to the finals. Things change fast in sports and fans forget even faster.
There was a difference last year. They started strong but finished barely out of a playoff spot. They didn't play south of the border all season long, excluding the playoffs off course. Price, Weber, Danault and Perry all rose up to the occasion. I don't see many leaders this time around. Gallagher seems lost out there.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
It's actually because the way the team is playing. It's uninspiring hockey. They seem lost out there and some are makiftng terrible plays.

Yes and 1) their season was longer (and hence off season shorter) than any other team, except one. 2) They have some key pieces missing and some new pieces that need to fit together. I thought they played much better against the Rags than the Sabres. I was pretty sure they'd get trounced against the Sabres. The Sabres had a nice long off season to get in shape..... Things will continue to improve. The PK is definitely an issue, but the PP has looked better every game.

Maybe it's good everybody is crapping on them so, they will get a chip on their shoulder. In a month, I expect it to be a good team to watch offensively, but a disaster defensively. Allen will play solid and, as I've said all along, it will depend on his partner.... this waiver pickup is not enough. Can they find another partner for Allen while CP gets ready to come back? That is the real question and may define how the team finishes. If they can shore up the goaltending situation, I still see them contending for POs. We shall see.

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
Dvorak was available at the draft for a first round pick plus. But the first was the element they wanted for Dvorak (Coyotes GM confirmed this).

MB opted to select Mailloux than use the pick to get Dvorak.

Dvorak remained available through the off season. No team stepped up to pay a first for him.

After the KK offersheet, MB finally agrees to pay the first price because he painted himself into a corner.

Instead of easily negotiating the fact the Coyotes get the lower of the 2 firsts. He does not properly assess the likely finish of the team (not bad enough for top 10 and not good enough to make the playoffs) and has put himself in a position where he gives a first in the teens of a deep draft for a player no tiger team would give a first for, and lose 10+ spots in the first round.

Terrible asset management.

As some posters already mentionned it, no way was Dvorak available for 31st + scraps. You're working on a lot of ''ifs'' and speculation, but the end result is a good young NHL center for a 1st pick that won't be a premium one. I'm not the biggest Bergevin fan but this is stretching it.

Reactions: le_sean

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
There was a difference last year. They started strong but finished barely out of a playoff spot. They didn't play south of the border all season long, excluding the playoffs off course. Price, Weber, Danault and Perry all rose up to the occasion. I don't see many leaders this time around. Gallagher seems lost out there.

It’s because you are basing your opinion off of a 3 game sample size. Take any 3 game losing skid out of the context of a season and you will usually feel the same way about the team. Same happens when the team wins a few games in row. After 10 games last season, the team was 7-1-2 and people were raving about the skill and depth. Same thing happened a few years back when we started undefeated and ended up missing the playoffs. Small sample sizes warp reality.

That being said, there are concerns with the team that need to be addressed and it starts with the individuals in the room playing better. Those that step up will be tagged as “leaders”. I’m as curious as you to see who they are this year

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
As some posters already mentionned it, no way was Dvorak available for 31st + scraps. You're working on a lot of ''ifs'' and speculation, but the end result is a good young NHL center for a 1st pick that won't be a premium one. I'm not the biggest Bergevin fan but this is stretching it.

The Yotes wanting the 31st or not is irrelevant. It was never offered to them to begins with.
At that point in time, Bergevin wasn't willing to flip his first for Dvorak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad