Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Sign Florian Xhekaj to 3 Year ELC ('24-'25/'26-'27) Signs PTO w/Laval

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yep wrong type of guys on the 4th line, seems contagious in this organization
Every time I see you use “yep”, I keep thinking of this forum’s @Yep — his ears must be buzzing. :D

I heard one of the pundits on BPM this morning say that FloJack might be activated on the very next game. However, I'd lean to Anthony Marcotte's take, who says that FloJack was used as the 13th forward at this afternoon's practice, which suggests that he's not slated to play tomorrow against the Monsters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Yep

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
correct, no slide due to being 20 so they would lose a spot on the 50 so since their was no reason for them to sign him today, if their plan was for him to be in the OHL next year, it doesn't make any sense to sign him today when they could have waited and seen how did his off-season go and how's he look at camp? Then opt to sign him or not.

But since they signed him today it's likely because their plan is for him to turn pro and if it doesn't work out then they can loan him back to the OHL as a fall back plan like Mesar this year.

I've been saying all year that I think many are underrating his game and that he is legit one of our best prospects, I think the Habs see how good he's been and what a massive leap he's taken from a season ago to now. It's extremely impressive to see. I think he ends up being better then Arber but it will be fun to see either way.
Well he’s got confidence now, his brother being a story, his bloodlines are lethal, all he needs is that confidence and to stay injury free, I don’t see how he doesn’t become a bottom 6 player with grit, tenacity and talent.

Reactions: bopeep and montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well he’s got confidence now, his brother being a story, his bloodlines are lethal, all he needs is that confidence and to stay injury free, I don’t see how he doesn’t become a bottom 6 player with grit, tenacity and talent.

he'll need to find his man strength and work on his lower body strength but he's already got a lot of power in his game just that when he physically matures in the next few years he's going to be a beast that plays nasty but has some solid offensive skills.

When I first stating hyping him up on the sticked prospect thread some were saying he's just a plug and another Pezzetta but I said then that was nonsense as you could see the skill he has vs what Pezzetta showed in the OHL. In 4 years he had 48 goals, in 69 games this year Xhekaj has 37 goals while playing a strong physical and defensive game while having a good shot and decent passing abilities. It's insane how much better he looks vs last season. He's got legit NHL tools now so the question is how much better can he get in the coming years.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
First let both of them become good players thats #1
second it's about time habs can put some fear in others.
every year some teams injure some habs because some habs are smaller.
Arber has already sent a message to the league. Now if Florian joins the police squad and still becomes a good player maybe the hab smaller players might not get injured.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
6'4 190 is "skeletor" level skinny
1712800249727.png

Me at 6ft3 195

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Could be part of a great 3rd line next year if Tuch join Laval as well.

Simoneau-Xhekaj-Tuch

Can you imagine Simoneau with these 2??? Shit that could be fun!

Reactions: montreal

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
To bad Arber is out , I think Habs might have called up Florian for the last game of the year April 16 at home.All well will defiantly get to see both together in training camp next season.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
To bad Arber is out , I think Habs might have called up Florian for the last game of the year April 16 at home.All well will defiantly get to see both together in training camp next season.
His ELC deal with Montreal doesn't start until next year so he wouldn't be able to get called up to Montreal. He signed at pto with Laval for the reminder of this season.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Incredible what a proper development department can do.

It seems like a lot of our guys are getting better as opposed to those Leblanc, Juulsen, Tinordi l, McCarron days
it’s important you find players who want to play with eachother. It seems easier to do with good management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad