Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Sign Florian Xhekaj to 3 Year ELC ('24-'25/'26-'27) Signs PTO w/Laval

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Very nice!!!

giphy.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's playing pro next year because I believe he's not eligible to slide next year. He'll be 20 before the December 31st cut off date. So there's no advantage of him being sent to junior.

Now there's one piece of my desired line of Xhekaj and Tuch signed. The other half of that equation is in the final week of his collegiate career.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Any chance he steal a spot right away in training camp instead of Pezzetta or RHP?

I hope this organization stops rushing kids but yes I do think he could and would even think it likely that he plays NHL games at some point next year as I assume the Habs signed him now with the plan of him being in Laval next season but if his camp doesn't go like planned they can loan him back to the OHL like they did with Mesar this year.

He's a long shot for an AHL spot.

I wouldn't say that, he could easily play in Laval next year.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's playing pro next year because I believe he's not eligible to slide next year. He'll be 20 before the December 31st cut off date. So there's no advantage of him being sent to junior.

Now there's one piece of my desired line of Xhekaj and Tuch signed. The other half of that equation is in the final week of his collegiate career.

correct, no slide due to being 20 so they would lose a spot on the 50 so since their was no reason for them to sign him today, if their plan was for him to be in the OHL next year, it doesn't make any sense to sign him today when they could have waited and seen how did his off-season go and how's he look at camp? Then opt to sign him or not.

But since they signed him today it's likely because their plan is for him to turn pro and if it doesn't work out then they can loan him back to the OHL as a fall back plan like Mesar this year.

I've been saying all year that I think many are underrating his game and that he is legit one of our best prospects, I think the Habs see how good he's been and what a massive leap he's taken from a season ago to now. It's extremely impressive to see. I think he ends up being better then Arber but it will be fun to see either way.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've been saying all year that I think many are underrating his game and that he is legit one of our best prospects, I think the Habs see how good he's been and what a massive leap he's taken from a season ago to now. It's extremely impressive to see. I think he ends up being better then Arber but it will be fun to see either way.
How likely is he to make it as a centre at the NHL level?

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Frankly, we don’t want or need this kid to fight.

He’ll make the NHL based on his above average hockey skills. He’s not yet an NHL level skater, but he has a pro approach to the game. All he needs is to get quicker.

In my mind, if he’s not overwhelmed by the pace of the AHL, then that’s where he should be playing. He should be at least as effective as Kidney. I don’t think he can learn much more playing in the OHL against teenagers.
I want and need that kid to fight.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
We should be seeing him in Laval soon.

Love that moniker. Is that how his teammates call him?

I made it up all by myself! :DD

I edited my original post to read Flojack® ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad