Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Sign Florian Xhekaj to 3 Year ELC ('24-'25/'26-'27) Signs PTO w/Laval

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Any chance he steal a spot right away in training camp instead of Pezzetta or RHP?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bring him up to replace his brother tonight LETS GO

Probably won't happen but would love for him to go back to OHL and put up some insane numbers then make NHL next year like his bro.
Yes, thats what I want for him. Let him simmer and let him really test out his offense. There's a fourth liner in there, but Im not sure if there's more, we better use up all the juice we have.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Bring him up to replace his brother tonight LETS GO

Yes, thats what I want for him. Let him simmer and let him really test out his offense. There's a fourth liner in there, but Im not sure if there's more, we better use up all the juice we have.
Yep. No one can mess with him physically in the O and he'll play monster minutes in the offensive zone. He only just started being a go to guy on offense, even playing C. Who knows what he'll become with more reps. What if he has that Adam Lowry 2.0 in him?

Don't think he'll get much time if he's a 20yr old in the AHL and likely just fight it out with the goons. In hindsight, I'm glad Arber started in NHL. Who knows what his injury history would be in AHL if he was fighting every goon out there.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Dutronc

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Probably won't happen but would love for him to go back to OHL and put up some insane numbers then make NHL next year like his bro.
It could very well happen. One more season refining his game in the OHL I think is the right way to go.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Yep. No one can mess with him physically in the O and he'll play monster minutes in the offensive zone. He only just started being a go to guy on offense, even playing C. Who knows what he'll become with more reps. What if he has that Adam Lowry 2.0 in him?

Don't think he'll get much time if he's a 20yr old in the AHL and likely just fight it out with the goons. In hindsight, I'm glad Arber started in NHL. Who knows what his injury history would be in AHL if he was fighting every goon out there.
Frankly, we don’t want or need this kid to fight.

He’ll make the NHL based on his above average hockey skills. He’s not yet an NHL level skater, but he has a pro approach to the game. All he needs is to get quicker.

In my mind, if he’s not overwhelmed by the pace of the AHL, then that’s where he should be playing. He should be at least as effective as Kidney. I don’t think he can learn much more playing in the OHL against teenagers.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Laval sure, but don't see why we would rush him to the NHL. RNH should still be given an opportunity, there's Heineman, Farrell etc. Give them all a shot.

Congrats to him on the contract, we'll earned.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Big boy Lowry played until he was 20 too, just like Arber. Let him simmer, please oh god please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad