Confirmed with Link: Canadiens sign Daniel Briere for 2YR/8M (w/NMC) - Part II: Butthurt welcomed

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Matt cooke and Lapierre and we are set!!!!

Pacioretty - DD - Galchenyuk
Bourque - Plekanec - Briere
Cooke - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Lapierre - White

Gionta on IR.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
A lot of emotion on this board right now. Guys that I usually read as being calm are lit up like a damn Christmas tree. Makes for some interesting reading while I'm trying to take a load off in the bathroom right now, but people need to relax. Other moves will probably occur in the next weeks.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I figured as much. Good thing I got the name before hand.

Is there a possibility for a compilation ?

It also sucks when a song you use they restrict it to the states only. You had a sweet Subban compilation from a few years ago that was 7 minutes long.

Don't need to, he's popular enough to have his own already up:

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Wut ?

How exactly does that imply anything about cammalleri? I thought we were comparing DD and briere.

No, you were implying Brière wouldn't be able to put up the same numbers here because he wouldn't have the same physical presence to protect him.

I was making a point that Cammalleri did it just fine.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
We can only hope he performs to his contract. Anyone living up to his contract is of value and an asset. When time comes we can make necessary moves.

I don't get this deal much but the best I could do is assume that as the season goes on changes will be made and whoever is the weakest link will be traded or packaged for a solid piece.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Briere may have been on Earth 36 years, but he still looks like a teenager.

I think we need to make sure he hits the gym with Subban asap.

void

Jan 5, 2006
xljwqc.jpg

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
This is like a consolation prize for not getting Lecavalier but....meh.

As many have said before this only make sense if DD and or Gionta get replaced by bigger and more physical guys. Otherwise the Habs are still gonna get pushed around again this year.

I'm neutral on this for now so let's hope MB has another trick up his sleeve

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He was over 35% in the shootout in Philly. I guess that's a positive.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Gaston Therrien loves it. Says 2 years is perfect. And he also says that he's small but he plays big....okay enough....:sarcasm:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
But that's the nature of the job. All gms have had to get to plans b, c or d. Those who don't never make a move.

Of course you need a plan B and C. But what I'm saying is that he put himself in a bad situation by signing redundancy into the lineup. You can bet your ass that other GMs will raise their price and lower their offers now that he has put himself in that position. As for the free agency, I don't see who he can sign that would make this make sense, and besides it's the same situation where you don't know who will want to sign at the price you want them to. It's a bad position to put yourself in, just like what Gainey did in 09. Gainey was dead set in letting Koivu go but did not have a concrete plan to replace him. He ended up doing a lateral move and paid a premium to do it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Gaston Therrien loves it. Says 2 years is perfect. And he also says that he's small but he plays big....okay enough....:sarcasm:
So does Desharnais. Doesn't mean he doesn't get thrown around like a ragdoll though. :laugh:

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
This is like a consolation prize for not getting Lecavalier but....meh.

As many have said before this only make sense if DD and or Gionta get replaced by bigger and more physical guys. Otherwise the Habs are still gonna get pushed around again this year.

I'm neutral on this for now so let's hope MB has another trick up his sleeve

The Habs were "pushed around" to 2nd place in the East last year and just got better + adding a proven playoff performer.

The Habs will be a very good regular season team, but will have to add a few pieces if they want to go deeper in the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad