Confirmed with Link: Canadiens sign Daniel Briere for 2YR/8M (w/NMC) - Part II: Butthurt welcomed

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Hes probably going to be slotted on line with Gally and Eller so they will be able to make space for him. If Therrien has any brains this is what he should do.

If Briere plays on the wing, this is the only guys I want him to be paired up with.

If not, Briere between both younglins (Galchenyuk, Gallagher) is what I'd like the best.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Where did all of the Cole love come from?

Brieres style of play will successfully bring him much much further age wise in the NHL. Cole is done, his body can't handle the physical style that he plays. In fact his game is based around the two things that fade the most, speed and physical play.

Briere has a deadly shot, a nose for the net and although he is fast he will still quite easily be a 20 goal scorer when he is 39. Cole on the other hand will be retired for 4-5 years.

Briere + 3rd >> Cole.

Just because Cole is big doesn't make him good, I'm sick of this argument.

So Cole's body is done and yet Briere's the one missing time to injuries.

Briere will score 20 goals in 4 years time yet 2 years ago he only had 16, and this year he was on pace for 14.

It's not the fact that Cole is big that makes him good it's the 44 goals he's scored over the past 2 seasons compared to Briere's 22.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
If Briere plays on the wing, this is the only guys I want him to be paired up with.

If not, Briere between both younglins (Galchenyuk, Gallagher) is what I'd like the best.

Yikes! I'm sure every team in the league would love to play against two undersized forwards ( one who is in decline and horrible defensively) and a delopping guy with very little physicality.

That line would get killed. Gallagher is not going to get any better spending every shift looking over his shoulder.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Am I wrong in thinking that he's probably the most skilled forward we have now outside of Galchenyuk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad