GDT: Canadiens @ Senators: Part 2 - Thursday the sixth *MOD post #106*

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Might be different in their building, we'll see. The crowd is usually on our side at least. :nod:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Someone will have to deal with an over zealous Tkachuk who took some pretty good runs at Gallagher and others

Reactions: dralaf

EBS111

Feb 5, 2004
Toronto
Hi everyone, planning on coming into Ottawa for the Habs/Sens game tomorrow, and I will be staying downtown and I was wondering what is the best way to get to the game ? I remember a while back they had shuttle buses that go direct from downtown to the arena, if so how & where can I get a bus ticket for the game ? Also I have not gotten a game ticket yet any suggestions on where to sit and how much i should spend ??
any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
GO HABS GO !!

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Hi everyone, planning on coming into Ottawa for the Habs/Sens game tomorrow, and I will be staying downtown and I was wondering what is the best way to get to the game ? I remember a while back they had shuttle buses that go direct from downtown to the arena, if so how & where can I get a bus ticket for the game ? Also I have not gotten a game ticket yet any suggestions on where to sit and how much i should spend ??
GO HABS GO !!
Getting to the arena in Kanata is a pain in the ass. I suggest driving there if you absolutely must go. I've never taken the bus, but I've heard nothing fun about it.

Be prepared to spend an hour or two to get out of the parking lot after the game.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
3bMB.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Getting to the arena in Kanata is a pain in the ass. I suggest driving there if you absolutely must go. I've never taken the bus, but I've heard nothing fun about it.

Be prepared to spend an hour or two to get out of the parking lot after the game.
I was watching the Sens vs SJ game and the play by play guy I think it was Cuthbert was talking about a $65.00 cab fare; Not that he's out a dime but still... :laugh:

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
GO HABS GO !!

Either drive or Uber to and from depending on how much you are willing to spend.

If you drive, parking will be $12 in the general parking lots and allow for 30 to 45 minutes for the traffic to disperse post game before leaving if you don't want to sit in it for that long. (Bert's Bar and Grill is open post game so you can just wait there)

If you Uber, it'll be ~$30 each way and you can pick up a ride after the game right away.

As for you tickets, it all depends how much you want to spend but there are no bad seats in the arena. Also, as the crowd seems to be 60/40 for Habs fans (sometimes higher) you can sit pretty much anywhere and still be surrounded by Habs fans. (Although the concentration is higher in the 200s and 300s)

Reactions: DavePeak

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Someone will have to deal with an over zealous Tkachuk who took some pretty good runs at Gallagher and others
Tkachuk is everything I like in a hockey player! Glad habs took the center though, but man it would have been ideal to somehow someway get both

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I know we need centers, but player for player, i would rather have Tkachuk
My favourite players growing up were Neely, Nolan, Bertuzzi (before the punch), Corson (as a Hab), Wendal Clark

I just loved the players that could get you on the scoreboard but also scare you. But at the end of the day nobody on the list save maybe Neely are worth that top line Center that can put up point per game pace offense. The bruisers had a tough time lasting long. Their primes were shorter lets say.

Kotkaniemi can be a Barkov/Barko-lite for us. Teams that win the cup are good down the middle.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I was watching the Sens vs SJ game and the play by play guy I think it was Cuthbert was talking about a $65.00 cab fare; Not that he's out a dime but still... :laugh:
Bus is the way to go. I've done it before and it's not bad . Ottawa have a shitty setup no doubt.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
meh....i wont believe that nonsense unless it happens, cause im just not seeing it
His poise with the puck and his vision are excellent. Things that can't be taught. His skating will still improve so will his strength.

Barkov had 24 points and 36 points in his first two seasons in the NHL. Not everybody jumps into the league and scores at a point per game pace.

Elias Petterson wasn't playing in the NHL at 18 for example. Not that Kotkaniemi will be that good but as an example. Guys do develop and get better.

Reactions: Heffyhoof
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm hoping for both Peca and Chaput to be scratched, but one of them have to take faceoff, so ...

Deslauriers - Peca - Hudon

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm hoping for both Peca and Chaput to be scratched, but one of them have to take faceoff, so ...

Deslauriers - Peca - Hudon

imo, best 4th line this year was Peca-Plekanec-Hudon.

2nd best was Agostino-Chaput-Deslauriers.

And, Chaput has been better at center than Peca, imo.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't see what Peca brings that can not be had with the others. His speed is not particularly useful as a center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad