GDT: Canadiens @ Senators: Part 2 - Thursday the sixth *MOD post #106*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
His poise with the puck and his vision are excellent. Things that can't be taught. His skating will still improve so will his strength.

Barkov had 24 points and 36 points in his first two seasons in the NHL. Not everybody jumps into the league and scores at a point per game pace.

Elias Petterson wasn't playing in the NHL at 18 for example. Not that Kotkaniemi will be that good but as an example. Guys do develop and get better.
He has enthusiasm. I’ll give him that.

I want him to succeed but I worry that his shot is not good enough to make him a scoring threat. So what kind of #1 centre will he be? Assist machine, power fwd? I just don’t know.

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi everyone, planning on coming into Ottawa for the Habs/Sens game tomorrow, and I will be staying downtown and I was wondering what is the best way to get to the game ? I remember a while back they had shuttle buses that go direct from downtown to the arena, if so how & where can I get a bus ticket for the game ? Also I have not gotten a game ticket yet any suggestions on where to sit and how much i should spend ??
any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
GO HABS GO !!

There is a little snow on the ground and more coming.... it will be a very bad drive...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has enthusiasm. I’ll give him that.

I want him to succeed but I worry that his shot is not good enough to make him a scoring threat. So what kind of #1 centre will he be? Assist machine, power fwd? I just don’t know.

It's just too early to tell. But what we see right now is a very smart player with very good vision. He does have a very good shot but accuracy and getting his shot off more quicker is an issue. His ability to improve and learn from what coaches are telling him seems to be a strength of his. Think about his development curve starting at the beginning of last year? He's certainly a hot rising stock and it's hard to predict how much better he will get.

#1C? At this stage, I'm comfortable calling him a very good #2C.

Reactions: Shabs

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Sens are good at home and they'll be looking to take their revenge on the Habs.....but this game means a lot for the Habs as they have a chance to take the 1st Wildcard spot ahead of Boston (if they lose against Tampa tonight) and distance themselves from Ottawa by a fair margin.

In the end, i expect Ottawa to win this but the Habs will get the loser point.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Hi everyone, planning on coming into Ottawa for the Habs/Sens game tomorrow, and I will be staying downtown and I was wondering what is the best way to get to the game ? I remember a while back they had shuttle buses that go direct from downtown to the arena, if so how & where can I get a bus ticket for the game ? Also I have not gotten a game ticket yet any suggestions on where to sit and how much i should spend ??
any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
GO HABS GO !!

If you haven't already gotten everything together, stubhub has tickets for tonight start @29USD, ticketmaster has them starting at 68Cad, both are mobile tickets, or you can just as easily walk up to the box office in the CTC straight ahead of security at the main entrance. As for getting there, there are a lot of tickets left and bad weather out there today so I would expect less traffic for sure and maybe some cheaper tickets on stubhub if the snow continues, that is if you are driving, parking in lot 9 is $12.00 and it can go up to $50 for valet parking. Either way it is slow to get out of there...public transit from downtown, take the 400 series buses, they run less frequently now since the low attendance has affected demand so you can check the schedules per your location on OcTranspo's website.
Bus tickets are done with cash @ $4.00/ride, or the multi card but I figure cash would work best since you are an out of towner.
Enjoy the game, not really a bad seat in the house, the fan deck is alot of fun as its basically a bar with a balcony or there is the bacardi lounge, and the standing room in the third level can get fun too since it has a standing bar. I always enjoy myself at the arena regardless of how crappy it is to get there.

Jul 6, 2016
Brett Kulak is not a regular NHLer and neither has the skills to be. He doesn't belong on the first pair. That is not a hot take, that's a fact.

Kulak has played a whole season in Calgary last year. He is good enough to be in an NHL D-SQAD.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Brett Kulak is not a regular NHLer and neither has the skills to be. He doesn't belong on the first pair. That is not a hot take, that's a fact.

Fake news. He's at least an NHLer from what he showed us. In a perfect world, he'd be anchoring the bottom pair. I feel he showed he can be a very reliable #5D with Montreal. Your take on him is way excessive ahah!

I also don't think pairing him with Weber is optimal since he doesn't seem to have that extra gear offensively. I feel Reilly could benefit more from playing there. Weber could cover his mistakes, but obviously Reilly still needs some more experience when it comes to defending. Anyway, I feel we may draft a Dman this year to hopefully take that spot in the future.

Reactions: groovejuice

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why is Brett Kulak on the first pair again?

He's not a NHL player.

We know you want someone better but for now, Kulak is the man.

giphy.gif

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
No one is saying that he's a top pairing NHL d-man, but the Habs are super thin at LD. Kulak is be a better partner for Weber than Benn or Schlemko are.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Why is Chaput still in and Peca out? Guy does nothing.

Which one are you referring to?

I reckon that CJ considers the 4th line and PK to be less likely to get lit up with Chaput in there, as opposed to the featherweight Peca. That bottom line role is to absorb minutes and some matchups whilst minimising risk, not to contribute on our side of the box score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad