GDT: Canadiens @ Senators: Part 2 - Thursday the sixth *MOD post #106*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Getting to the arena in Kanata is a pain in the ass. I suggest driving there if you absolutely must go. I've never taken the bus, but I've heard nothing fun about it.

Be prepared to spend an hour or two to get out of the parking lot after the game.

Honestly, I'd seriously consider going if the game was played anywhere else than in Kanata. Frustration getting out after the game, guaranteed. was at the Centennial game and we had a bus taking us there and back as part of a promotion for season ticket holders orchestrated by the Habs, so it was less of a pain in the ass than waiting to get out of there with your own car, but nothing about it was smooth, nonetheless, and that's with Cops to assist the process.

Not to mention that this wasn't at Kanata. It's only worse there.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Brady could have had 2 goals, they have to contain that kid. Also, just me or does he look like a young Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th?

412309_340552879344623_2019824026_o.jpg

brady-tkachuk-2018-449.jpg

They definitely don't have the same eyes and it's hard to tell about the teeth with the picture of Tkachuk that you chose. Beyond that, it's a given that Tkachuk will also go bald. ;)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
My favourite players growing up were Neely, Nolan, Bertuzzi (before the punch), Corson (as a Hab), Wendal Clark

I just loved the players that could get you on the scoreboard but also scare you. But at the end of the day nobody on the list save maybe Neely are worth that top line Center that can put up point per game pace offense. The bruisers had a tough time lasting long. Their primes were shorter lets say.

Kotkaniemi can be a Barkov/Barko-lite for us. Teams that win the cup are good down the middle.

Neely was an exception. I agree. Too bad about the freak calcification of his hamstring after an injury that ended his career much too prematurely, IMO.

EBS111

Feb 5, 2004
Toronto
Either drive or Uber to and from depending on how much you are willing to spend.

If you drive, parking will be $12 in the general parking lots and allow for 30 to 45 minutes for the traffic to disperse post game before leaving if you don't want to sit in it for that long. (Bert's Bar and Grill is open post game so you can just wait there)

If you Uber, it'll be ~$30 each way and you can pick up a ride after the game right away.

As for you tickets, it all depends how much you want to spend but there are no bad seats in the arena. Also, as the crowd seems to be 60/40 for Habs fans (sometimes higher) you can sit pretty much anywhere and still be surrounded by Habs fans. (Although the concentration is higher in the 200s and 300s)

is there public transit available ? I remember they had shuttle buses from the Rideau centre straight to the arena , is that still available ?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Getting to the arena in Kanata is a pain in the ass. I suggest driving there if you absolutely must go. I've never taken the bus, but I've heard nothing fun about it.

Be prepared to spend an hour or two to get out of the parking lot after the game.
I went to a game there around 2002 and the mess to leave the arena was a friggin nightmare. That’s what I remember from the game.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't see what Peca brings that can not be had with the others. His speed is not particularly useful as a center.
There is a reason why at 25 he still has not cracked an nhl roster. There is a reason TB let him leave

Reactions: Rapala

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Expecting a loss. When was the last time mtl won 2 in a row anyways?

Home and home games usually seem to get split anyways.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
is there public transit available ? I remember they had shuttle buses from the Rideau centre straight to the arena , is that still available ?

You could do OC Transpo (city bus). For that you could take any 400 series bus after the game and they'll eventually take you back downtown (just look up the one that will get you closest to where you are staying). The only drawback from that one is that the buses leave 30 minutes after the game and then that's it. (After that you'd have to walk about 20+ minutes to Terry Fox Drive to catch a bus.

If you choose that option, just exit the building by Gate 2 (North Side of the building) at Section 115 (Elevators at Section 221 or 321 if you aren't on the 100 level) and the buses will be just on the other side of the road.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I just can't see the Sens playing like they did the other night and thy always score a lot at home
Not expecting an easy one tonight!!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There is a reason why at 25 he still has not cracked an nhl roster. There is a reason TB let him leave

A replay of Stone's goal the Sen's second one is all you really need to know about Peca.
Works his ass off to catch and put Duchene in check only to lack the strength to dispossess him.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A replay of Stone's goal the Sen's second one is all you really need to know about Peca.
Works his ass off to catch and put Duchene in check only to lack the strength to dispossess him.
He is just not a fit on any line. Horrible signing. I bet if you took a poll most people would prefer DLR over Peca on the 4th line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad