Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Spaling - Crosby - Perron
Rust - Malkin - Downie
Kunitz - Sutter - Bennett
?

Who knows, MJ lines are very unpredictable, who would of ever guessed Geno would be on a line with Rust and Ebbett.

To me it makes the most sense to give each center 1 solid winger, i'd like to see MJ go back to his pairs.

Kunitz/Geno
Perron/Sid
BB/Sutter

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Ya... I love and hate Toronto.

If it wasn't for the Island and St. Lawrence Market, I'd say **** it. Of course, I was right on top of St. Jakes... Until it burned down and all.

Ripleys is cool though. Saw it in Sept.

Really? It was kind of underwhelming to be honest. I had to wait 2 hours in line to finally get in and it took me about an hour to see everything.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Really? It was kind of underwhelming to be honest. I had to wait 2 hours in line to finally get in and it took me about an hour to see everything.

We bought the timestamp passes, so we walked right in.

That probably made my experience much more pleasant.

It's not the Boston Aquarium, but Ripleys is nice. The underwater tunnel probably swayed me along with seeing the engineer room, which was crazy.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
"3rd line" is a very loose term. It sees enough ES ice time to be considered 2nd line 2.

Well, Kunitz and Bennett are top-6 players on most teams, so...

I would be ecstatic if you could look at the Pens top-9 and say, "wow, they have three really good second lines"

That's depth, IMO.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Ya... I love and hate Toronto.

If it wasn't for the Island and St. Lawrence Market, I'd say **** it. Of course, I was right on top of St. Jakes... Until it burned down and all.

Ripleys is cool though. Saw it in Sept.

I have the same love hate with Toronto. So many great aspects of the city... But infrastructure, traffic, taxes and prices... My goodness.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
So right now we've got

Perron-Crosby-X1
X2-Geno-X3
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
X4-Goc-X5

X1, X2, X3 as some combination of Downie, Spaling, Rust

X4 and X5 as some combination of Farnham, Ebbett, Adams

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He hasn't, he played 9 minutes last night, he got benched for Adams when the pens had the lead, MJ obviously doesn't trust him.

Which is strange because he's been good defensively and the only penalties he had was for his "fight" against Columbus.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So right now we've got

Perron-Crosby-X1
X2-Geno-X3
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
X4-Goc-X5

I'm 99% certain x1 is Downie tonight.

As for Adams, why didn't you just pencil him onto the fourth line?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Toronto tries... Which is more than I can say for 99% of American cities, but they need help.

Andy Byford is the best thing to happen to this city in a long time. He's managed to get capacity up on the subway by more than 10% without any substantial cost increases on a system with 50 year old infrastructure. If we just gave the man some money to work with who knows what he could figure out.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
So right now we've got

Perron-Crosby-X1
X2-Geno-X3
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
X4-Goc-X5

Yep. X1 as a placeholder for Hornqvist, X2/3 as placeholders for Comeau and a trade acquisition.

As exciting as it's going to be when the top six is completed, the bottom six is going to be outstanding heading into the playoffs.

Spaling-Goc-Downie wouldn't be unacceptable as a third line for a fringe playoff team.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'm from the future. We have things called DVRs. They record live TV!

We also have space cars:

retro_futurism_deepinteractive.jpg

Jelly?

This is the last straw. First no one tells me about Perron now I hear of this DVR and space cars thing.

Screw this game, screw this team, and screw all of you; I'm going to watch the Wolves / Ice Hogs. It's like Bears-Packers, Pens-Flyers, Yankees-RedSox all rolled up into one. Game of the Century*â„¢.

I heard we're acquiring Jake Chelios for the playoff run, but I want you all to remain calm -- I will have a detailed scouting report soon.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'm 99% certain x1 is Downie tonight.

As for Adams, why didn't you just pencil him onto the fourth line?

I was trying to be optimistic :laugh:

So...

Perron-Crosby-Downie
Spaling-Malkin-Rust
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
Farnham/Ebbett-Goc-Adams

Although I suppose MJ could put Ebbett-Malkin-Rust back together.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Farnham is the scratch.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I was trying to be optimistic :laugh:

So...

Perron-Crosby-Downie
Spaling-Malkin-Rust
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
Farnham/Ebbett-Goc-Adams

Although I suppose MJ could put Ebbett-Malkin-Rust back together.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Farnham is the scratch.

Farnham will be phased out eventually. When the team is fully healthy, it will basically be between Adams and Farnham.

We knows how it goes.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
it'll probably be:

Spaling - Crosby - Downie
Ebbett - Malkin - Perron

(JR said that Perron would be playing RW until the team is healthy).

I would also say that I fully expect

Perron - Malkin - Hornqvist when Hornqvist returns. They were already putting Horny back on that line before he got injured.

1. The only way I'd ever see this being a bright idea is if JR has a blockbuster deal in his back pocket. And, I mean a blockbuster for a Kane/JVR caliber linemate for Sid. As discussed yesterday, he's got the assets and can find the cap space to do it.

2. That said, I always thought those two would be with Sid and we'd see some addition for Malkin to play with Kunitz or Perron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad