GDT: Canadiens@Leafs 7PM HNIC CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
One thing to keep in mind. Babcock said they believe they’ve got a couple guys in the AHL ready to come up.

I think it’s fairly apparent Trevor Moore will be up sooner rather than later. I also think Calle Rosen and maybe even Liljegren could get looks.

Gardiner isn’t being traded, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Dubas finds a “hockey” deal to take 2 or even 3 of our players for 1.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I agree with this.

Andersen has been a decent goalie and has done his part. His save percentage is 8th in the league, which isn't too shabby.

This horrible slump has largely been due to our potent offense drying up.

The only thing that's going to be potent about our offense is the inflated salaries after Marner takes Dubas through the ringer at season's end.

Reactions: yubbers

zacholistic

Nov 5, 2016
Matthews should be leading this team as C and highest paid player... he's checked out. Very disappointing. Andersen just getting run over as usual... no one does anything. Marner should just bench himself. Sit out some games and get his shit together. It's not Marleau, Lindholm etc who should be driving this team. The "star players" are folding

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
Babcock ain't calling up Borgman when he hasn't played him the whole year. That's Muzzin's skating style, he looks slow when he skates, but he's not...I'm wondering if Babcock is just sending a message to Dubas that he wanted a RHD and that this Muzzin LHD is the ugly duckling that he never wanted.

No one is sending message to anyone..I don't know why people keep saying this(well i kinda do but don't want to go there)...Babcock is playing players where he believes they are showing their best ability..Rielly, do you remember him saying how he likes playing his usual side but will play anywhere he's asked?(that tells you something) Maybe even Rielly wasn't comfortable on the other side and mentioned something..or Muzzin switching to the other side where he's not comfortable. It has nothing to do with "sending a message to Dubas". Dubas made a mistake with this trade(as it looks so far). I have never been a fan of players who can't skate especially when they are on a team that is much about speed and moving out of the zone quickly. It's one of the reasons i hated guys like Komisarek.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
I think it's a mix of SOME personnel and coaching/system. We could use a couple of gritty players with some skill/a top 4 rhd but at the same time I don't think our coaching has gotten enough out of this roster.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
I don't know what Leivo ever did to Babcock, but Leivo single handily made our 4th line good. The fact he was coming out of the lineup after Nylander returned and never got the opportunity to play up the lineup, that's one instance where it is 100% on Babcock's ego/pride.

Once this guy doesn't like you, it don't f***ing matter how well you are playing, it's like his ego won't let himself admit players can change or he was wrong.

Ever since Leivo left, our 4th line has been pure trash. That's what you get Babcock.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I'd like to know what JT really thinks about this team.

Yep...I bet he never thought Matthews' contract will end before his, and that ALL of the young stars will get overpaid, especially when he loved the Isles so much to give them a discount on his own 2nd contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad