Confirmed with Link: Canadiens hire Marie-Philip Poulin as Player Development Consultant

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
You can’t compare women and men. She’s not a better player of the game she’s a better woman’s tennis player. Put them up against each other and she will struggle to even score a point against him.

We have to stop comparing women and men in sports because it’s completely senseless.

Men vs Men

Women vs Women
I literally said in the first post that Raonic would win 100 out of 100, but it's not what the point here is. Please read? You're the one directly comparing men vs women here.

Reactions: viceroy

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Am I reading the habs hired Poulin to fight the rookies? I thought she was going to bring something about fitness, technique, psychology… (Going by this thread which turned into a full on “guys are bigger than girls”).

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You're both wrong and partially right IMO. I'm not a fan of PC culture, wokeness, cancelling etc. But this isn't that.

It's not a PR move in that MPP has her own resume, merits, accomplishments etc. And that it's not because of her sexe that she is being brought on board.

Although I will concede that the organization is using this consultant hire to make a PR 'splash', or else Adam Nicholas, the director, would've gotten a press conference as well.

MPP rose to the top, the absolute peak, and to quote the great, and for some, 'controversial' mind of Jordan Peterson on achieving greatness : "There are a certain number of people, although not that many, who are perfectly willing to sacrifice virtually all of their lives to the pursuit of a high end career. These are people who are very conscientious, very intelligent, very driven, very healthy, very high energy, and they're willing to work 70 or 80 hours a week non-stop specialize at one thing to get to the top. [To get to the top] of any organization is an incredibly competitive enterprise [...] it's absolute all out warfare [...] if you're going to be successful you need to be smart, conscientious and tough."

Sounds like anyone with these qualities can be on my team! Go MPP Go and Go Habs Go! Forward thinking is always needed in any organization

During the PC, Molson talked about the boxes that MPP ticked off. One of the boxes he mentioned was that she's a woman.

You're both wrong and partially right IMO. I'm not a fan of PC culture, wokeness, cancelling etc. But this isn't that.

It's not a PR move in that MPP has her own resume, merits, accomplishments etc. And that it's not because of her sexe that she is being brought on board.

Although I will concede that the organization is using this consultant hire to make a PR 'splash', or else Adam Nicholas, the director, would've gotten a press conference as well.

MPP rose to the top, the absolute peak, and to quote the great, and for some, 'controversial' mind of Jordan Peterson on achieving greatness : "There are a certain number of people, although not that many, who are perfectly willing to sacrifice virtually all of their lives to the pursuit of a high end career. These are people who are very conscientious, very intelligent, very driven, very healthy, very high energy, and they're willing to work 70 or 80 hours a week non-stop specialize at one thing to get to the top. [To get to the top] of any organization is an incredibly competitive enterprise [...] it's absolute all out warfare [...] if you're going to be successful you need to be smart, conscientious and tough."

Sounds like anyone with these qualities can be on my team! Go MPP Go and Go Habs Go! Forward thinking is always needed in any organization

During the PC, Molson talked about the boxes that MPP ticked off. One of the boxes he mentioned was that she was a woman.

Jury is out whether she is a good hire, and I'd say the same had they hired Wayne Gretzky for this role after he retired.

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Just like the 100 lbs and 300 lbs fighter.

Doesn't mean the 100 lbs fighter can't teach the 300 lbs fighter things.
Agreed. As long as the 100lb fighter is teaching what a 300lb fighter needs against other fighters of equal physical ability.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Agreed. As long as the 100lb fighter is teaching what a 300lb fighter needs against other fighters of equal physical ability.

So in the case of MPP: strategy, technique, work ethic, leadership, high pressure situations?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad