Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire Eric Tangradi from Jets For Peter Budaj and Patrick Holland

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He has a 1.4M contract, guranteed...no way he walks away from that...

In the weird and wonderful world of back up G's...
Montreal includes Tok in this deal MB is working on and then immediately reach out for Buds...:laugh:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With this deal the Habs are down to only 44 contracts out of the 50 maximum with Fucale Gregoie McCarron and Scherbak back in junior...sems weird as a lot of teams are at 48-49 and 50(NYR had to make a 2 for 1 trade to keep Duclair to start he season...).

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Keeping DLR up is stupid. He needs to develop his offense so bad.

Agree, I'm not evensold on AHLif he isn't a legit top guy there...he needs to gain confidence with the puck and what to do with it. His defensive/grinding game is already solid.

Hmm...maybe my brain hasn't woken up yet...but why did the Jets trade for Budaj and Holland...just to then waive Budaj? Did they really need that much help in the AHL that they would trade for a legit NHL backup goalie? Or did they really want Holland, and Budaj was the 'extra baggage' they need to take from the Habs? Just don't understand the reason...not that I follow the Jets so don't know what their situation is...

I guess the gain for them is Holand is 3 years younger plus Budaj gives them depth behid Hutchinonand Pavelec.

Hard to not like the deal from Hams standpoint, cap relief from Budaj plus dropping another contract means tons of flexibility to make deals...around3.5 mil under the cap with DLR sent down, maybe more if they can move Moen.

I think they should go with 22..2G 7D and 13 F, no sense having guys sitting for 3 weeks at a time.

The only 23rd player I'd take on the roster is maybe claiming Orr or McLaren...or signing Westgarth for games against Ottawa, Boston etc

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Agree, I'm not evensold on AHLif he isn't a legit top guy there...he needs to gain confidence with the puck and what to do with it. His defensive/grinding game is already solid.

You quite often astound me with your complete lack of understanding of what is right before your eyes.

DLR has clearly done everything asked of him and more. Not what MS asked what MB et al asked.

To come out and say something as asinine as he's not a legit top 6 AHL guy.

You should have got an extra hour of sleep this morning. :)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

You quite often astound me with your complete lack of understanding of what is right before your eyes.

DLR has clearly done everything asked of him and more. Not what MS asked what MB et al asked.

To come out and say something as asinine as he's not a legit top 6 AHL guy.

You should have got an extra hour of sleep this morning. :)

He had no points in 5 preseason games, at least 3 of those being against AHL caliber lineups. It makes no sense to me that DLR is still in Montreal. He is not NHL ready for anything more than 4th line...which already has 5 guys on it...so why is he here again?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
He had no points in 5 preseason games, at least 3 of those being against AHL caliber lineups. It makes no sense to me that DLR is still in Montreal. He is not NHL ready for anything more than 4th line...which already has 5 guys on it...so why is he here again?

MB takes a 19-year-old kid out of Sweden with very little experience who obviously needs a little time in the AHL to adapt to the NA/NHL-style game and keeps him up with the big club?

Hmmm.... sounds like he's trolling Nygren to me. :sarcasm:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Has it dawned on you that perhaps just perhaps the management asked him to focus on the Dside?
We all know his Oside potential so do they.
We are never going to win the cup like the oilers did in their Glory years.
We are going to win the cup starting with our Goaltender and by keeping the puck out of our net.
We won't need a MIGHTY offense to get the job done so relax with the pts. thing.

Analyzer*

His defensive awareness already surpasses most of the guys on the team ? That's my only guess. Loved how he could read a play and get his stick into the lane.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Has it dawned on you that perhaps just perhaps the management asked him to focus on the Dside?
We all know his Oside potential so do they.
We are never going to win the cup like the oilers did in their Glory years.
We are going to win the cup starting with our Goaltender and by keeping the puck out of our net.
We won't need a MIGHTY offense to get the job done so relax with the pts. thing.

There are already tons of guys on the roster to play 4th line/defense only role...why not develop him into something bigger and better?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There are already tons of guys on the roster to play 4th line/defense only role...why not develop him into something bigger and better?

My only answer to that is something is brewing with our top 9.
An injury we don't know about or a trade.
There is no way DLR touches a fourth line.
Does the Kid want to go home and we prefer he stays in NA?

The facts have to fit conjecture...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd rather DLR play 22 top line minutes a game in Hamilton.

He needs to play no question.
The interesting thing is how MB is going "All In" with his youth movement.
The front office may have needed to see the dside of DLR before moving ahead with another project?
One thing is for certain this camp has been fun! :handclap:

Analyzer*

You do know that playing someone in the top 6 won't magically develop them into a top 6 forward, right ?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
My only answer to that is something is brewing with our top 9.
An injury we don't know about or a trade.
There is no way DLR touches a fourth line.
Does the Kid want to go home and we prefer he stays in NA?

The facts have to fit conjecture...

Who do you drop from the top 9? Eller Bourque? Sekac? They are all ahead of DL at this point.

You do know that playing someone in the top 6 won't magically develop them into a top 6 forward, right ?

And your point is?

There is no room top 9 for him and the 4th line is flooded. No room.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

This DLR is something special some have caught on!
The only kid who got better and better each outing.
This pts fixation thing many fans get trapped in always amuses me...
always.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
This DLR is something special some have caught on!
The only kid who got better and better each outing.
This pts fixation thing many fans get trapped in always amuses me...
always.

What part of "there is no room in the lineup" did you not understand?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Who do you drop from the top 9? Eller Bourque? Sekac? They are all ahead of DL at this point.

And your point is?

There is no room top 9 for him and the 4th line is flooded. No room.

Once again who is to say what our Top 9 looks like by the end of the day?

We are all simply conjecturing as to Why DLR is still there.

Some of us haven't felt it necessary to call him a 2yr old and can see him fill a top 9 tomorrow if things just happen to get rearranged...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What part of "there is no room in the lineup" did you not understand?

What part of this discussion don't you understand?
People are speculating dude speculating...
we understand the current line up.
We don't understand DLR still being there.

Logic dictates that seeing MB clearly told the world he is still working on something.
and A Travis Moen move in itself would not prompt the retention of DLR...

Have you read any Sherlock Holmes? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes