News Article: Canadiens’ Andrei Markov reflects on journey from Moscow to Montreal

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Damn I love Markov and I hope we don't let him go like we did with Koivu. Such a great player and a great guy.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
One of my fav players, man he is just so smart out there. Remember when he started out playing with Rivet, that pairing did as decent job when I think about it.

Hockey IQ like that is just so hard to find, his game is so simply yet he controls everything.

Imagin if we had a 26-27 year old Markov with Subban now..

Wow put them on different pairings, that way you got one of on the ice for 50+ minutes a game, that would be just insane.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Markov, a great player, who always seemed to fly under the radar, because of the french/english thing, and his shyness around the media...hope he retires a Hab...:handclap:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Seriously big props for Markov, he succeed where a lot of russians have failed in Montreal.

It must have been very hard for him to adapt in a new city, country, culture ect.. espescially for a "shy" person like him.

Belso

Aug 15, 2005

Say what you will about Markov. He might have been injured for a few seasons, but he's done great in Montreal and was dedicated to help this team win. My hats off to him.

BTW I was at the game when Saku returned from cancer. My dad had recently passed away from that horrible disease. I was one of the many standing and cheering him on for 10 min. Not only was it the most emotional game I have ever been to, it was also one of the most emotional days in my entire life.

Saku FTW!

ashtraygirl

Nov 22, 2008
Montreal
He's been my favourite player for the better part of a decade. I hope he has a good season and then maybe another season or two with the Habs.

ashtraygirl

Nov 22, 2008
Montreal
7th all-time in Habs defensemen for points, 6th all-time for goals, 7th all-time for assists. pretty damn impressive, considering the company he's in!

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Hope he ends his career with the Habs. Solid interview and made me watch Saku's return on Youtube. What an ovation.

MrExpos

Feb 10, 2007
7th all-time in Habs defensemen for points, 6th all-time for goals, 7th all-time for assists. pretty damn impressive, considering the company he's in!

What's more impresive is that he's actually 5th in points, 5th in assists and 4th in goals ;)

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

After reading you guys comments, I guess I don't have any other choices but to read.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Nice read, Stubbs should stick to this stuff. Give up the day-to-day reporting to someone who actually likes to write about hockey and not someone who likes to talk about everything EXCEPT hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad