"Canadians will **** in their pants" -- Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK

May 31, 2008
I find this hilarious, but I'm not so sure NHL scouts will view this as positive, especially if he doesn't have a big game.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Ovechkin was on the 1st line for 2003 WJC champions.....he was centered by Trubachev.

Well that's interesting. Grigorenko, Perezhogin, Polushin, Trubachev and Taratukhin all outproduced him so I didn't think he got top minutes and much pp time.

surshot*

Privileded enough to meet Canada??? What???????? This is the reason to MSP:s comment. You Canadians thinks you are always damn great. Superior all other teams. But last year you weren't THAT superior, right? At least not against the Swedes.

And how you know that Sweden is the third best team??? Maybe you should wait to say that after the semis????? It's high possible that Sweden will beat USA in the semis (if they will meet) so I just say: Good luck with that USA!

We don't think it we just are. You being sensitive about it just proves it. I would put a thousand bucks on Canada kicking the crap out of Sweden if they indeed get to play us. And all i was saying on paper USA is a better team but i am fully aware that Sweden could beat them. So i just say good luck to anybody who stands in Canadas way. Success breeds contempt and i could not give a **** what you think of us.

Number of the day is FIVE

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
The Swedes have a great team this year and more power to them if they can win, but I just can't see Canada losing a game this tournament. They are so dominant right now and scoring can come from any of the 4 lines. We'll see how they do against ths US & Sweden pretty soon I guess but even those clubs I'm not sure will be able to hang. No shame to that, just our Canadian club this year is looking hard to play against.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Well that's interesting. Grigorenko, Perezhogin, Polushin, Trubachev and Taratukhin all outproduced him so I didn't think he got top minutes and much pp time but I guess he did.

5 , 6 ? goals as a 16 years old ? Not bad dont you think ? But really who cares ?

MVP.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
Haha its so true. Nice to see a player not towing the line or using boring cliches.

He is just talking about using pressure and the fans, not really trash talk.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Well that's interesting. Grigorenko, Perezhogin, Polushin, Trubachev and Taratukhin all outproduced him so I didn't think he got top minutes and much pp time.

Lines were:

Ovechkin - Trubachev - Polushin
Grigorenko - Taratukhin - Perezhogin
Anshakov - Kaigorodov - Zherdev
Artyukhin - Pestunov - Shishkanov

Ovechkin tied for tournament lead in goals.

Kenobody

Aug 17, 2007
43.88°N 79.3°W
MSP of all people should know that any team can come back from a 2-0 deficit (for instance, off the top of my head, Canada vs. Sweden in last year's gold medal game).

His comments aren't that big of deal. I think it was Emelin (sp?) in 2006 that said Russia would "dominate" Canada in the gold medal since Russian hockey was about skill and Canadian hockey was dump and chase - at least those were fighting words.

surshot*

Lines were:

Ovechkin - Trubachev - Polushin
Grigorenko - Taratukhin - Perezhogin
Anshakov - Kaigorodov - Zherdev
Artyukhin - Pestunov - Shishkanov

Ovechkin tied for tournament lead in goals.

Oh well we just waited tell he was older to make him cry.:laugh:

Fleury should be a national hero in Russia for his play that game. One of the worse performances by a goalie ever. I blocked out that year so i would not hunt him down and make him pay for his play.:cry:

But 4 golds have gone a long way in my recovery.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I am glad he is confidant. Really if these kids can get more motivated by a bit of smack then they have a problem. They should be at their absolute best for this contest considering the Swedes are one of the three strongest teams. If he can lure someone into a dumb penalty responding to his remarks he will have done very well.
A leader not a grunt.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
I know why ...........

By the way where are all this supercanadiens now who "man handled" Ovechkin sooooo bad ?? hmmm

Well, here's just the ones who have played games in the NHL THIS year.

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Mike Richards, Shea Weber, Dion Phaneuf, Brent Seabrook, Braydon Coburn, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Nigel Dawes, Colin Fraser, Andrew Ladd, Clarke MacArthur, Anthony Stewart. Then you have Jeremy Colliton who played only one period due to his injury early in the tournament and Cam Barker who left due to mono after 3 games.

Schenn Him

Mar 19, 2008
SK
thehamiltonian.wordpress.com
While its interesting to here something other than "They are a great team, and its going to be a good battle" I'm glad it wasn't a Canadian who said this. Nothing against MSP, but if this gets really circulated, its not going to be pretty for him if Canada and Sweden do meet (which isn't a foregone conclusion). I could see him being next in the line of players who get booed every time he touches the puck.

I guess its just talk, but for me two things stand out: its always better to talk after you accomplish something, and anyone who can't make their point without cursing loses about 20 IQ points in my books. It doesn't make you sound tough, it makes you sound dumb and unsophisticated. Like it or not - for the undrafted guys, the WJHC is akin to a job interview. I've never busted out s--- to make a point in a job interview.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Well, here's just the ones who have played games in the NHL THIS year.

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Mike Richards, Shea Weber, Dion Phaneuf, Brent Seabrook, Braydon Coburn, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Nigel Dawes, Colin Fraser, Andrew Ladd, Clarke MacArthur, Anthony Stewart. Then you have Jeremy Colliton who played only one period due to his injury early in the tournament and Cam Barker who left due to mono after 3 games.

yeah and every gm would trade Ovechkin for one of this heros ?

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
LOL. Let's hope we can prove him wrong. I'd love to hear his postgame comments if we **** on them. :P

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Well, he just put a target on his own head.

It'll be interesting to see if he puts up or is shut up. Either way, he made a brash comment, so he's bound to be an HF fave whatever happens.

Vintage93

Apr 2, 2006
Toronto
This is considered trash talk?

It sounds like MSP scared himself after saying that. He went out of his way to make sure it wasn't misinterpreted.

Hardly news worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad