"Canadians will **** in their pants" -- Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeysense*

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/WorldJunior/2008/12/30/7880371-sun.html

"They (Canada) always want to be the biggest and the best, but if we score two quick goals they will s--- in their pants. They have created this pressure themselves, but we can use it against them," Paajarvi Svensson is quoted as saying.

"On the other hand, if they score two quick goals, we don't have to face just the Canadian players. We will also have to face 19,000 screaming fans."

The 17-year-old Paajarvi Svensson said yesterday he wasn't worried about the Canadians using the remarks as bulletin-board fodder.

"No, I know they can play as good as they want to. We want to beat them," he said.

"I said if they've got 19,600 (fans) and they are under 0-2 I think we can have that as an advantage against them. If they lead 2-0 they will have an advantage against us. That was what I meant.

Hahaha, gotta love the trash-talking. I love this tournament.
To the mods: I'm not trolling, I'm actually glad there's some trash-talking going on.

The Polak*

He can say what he wants, no one will stop canada.

Easiest gold medal in years

hockeysense*

MSP will just skate circles around him and make him look stupid if he tries any dumb stuff.

Skating can only taking you so far... eventually, he'll get rocked. I have no doubt in my mind he said that to get the Canadians off their game so the rest of his team can do something.

Raoul Duke*

That's a big IF Magnus.

If you score 100 goals you will probably win too.

alienanton*

MSP will just skate circles around him and make him look stupid if he tries any dumb stuff.

i seem to recall people saying the same thing about ovechkin...

until he had to leave the game due to violent assault and battery.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Skating can only taking you so far... eventually, he'll get rocked. I have no doubt in my mind he said that to get the Canadians off their game so the rest of his team can do something.

I don't think their was any thinking behind it, he was just saying something that is true. I hope DR is not stupid enough to buy into it and go after MSP whenever they play.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
He makes a pretty bold statement at the very end of the article "If we face them in the final again we will beat them." Should make the game that much more exciting if they do actually meet in the final, I like it.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
awesome!
at least someone is standing up for themselves and making it interesting, even if he is stating the obvious...ha.

alienanton*

Didn't Russia win a gold medal with Ovechkin?

if losing 6-1 in the gold medal game with ovechkin being forced to leave after taking several big hits meets winning a gold medal with ovechkin....then yes. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad