GDT: Canadians @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
NatStat showing McLeod and Vesey with 40 minutes each tonight.

Ruff loves his grinders.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Random thought: Can you put yourself offside in a shootout, or is that line not in play in a shootout? I would assume it's not, but never thought about it until now. I feel like that's something we would be the first team to do.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

1648433214310.png

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I know it's probably sacrilegious to say anything bad about Hughes ,but my god he needs to pass the puck. Especially in overtime when the entire ice behind him is empty, he's stickhandling one on two or three and giving up the puck a ton. He's amazing and everything but I'm tired of him trying to be a one man show... and as I say that.... what a shootout goal haha.
Early in this season when the team was floundering, it may have been when Bratt went out sick, but Hughes clearly started to play with more of an attack the net, shoot the puck mentality. And it's hard to argue it has not been good for his game.

Does he go overboard sometimes, maybe, he's 20, he's still in the learning phase.

Camille the Eel

Wow I am very relieved we won it. It felt like we lost it twice. First the Hofmann double post and then when both Hughes and Hamilton had to score on the shootout to keep us alive.

I don’t know why the game ended so close. It seems like we blew like a gadzillion chances to get that third goal. Vesey on that breakaway - just hesitating a second too long comes to mind.

So it would have been a bitter loss to swallow after surrendering a goalie pulled tying goal. The Severson icing preceding it was not a good play (plus a really bad turnover he had inside the 10 minute mark). And was it Nico who lost the faceoff dead clean on that tying play? You don’t see a cleaner faceoff loss than that.

This game shouldn’t have gone to OT.

Odd employment of the roster tonight by Ruff. He mostly played 2 lines. There were a lot of forwards who’s playing time was in the single numbers when I checked towards the end of the game.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Early in this season when the team was floundering, it may have been when Bratt went out sick, but Hughes clearly started to play with more of an attack the net, shoot the puck mentality. And it's hard to argue it has not been good for his game.

Does he go overboard sometimes, maybe, he's 20, he's still in the learning phase.
He also feeds the puck plenty. Sometimes he wants to overdo it, but he's hungry. That's not something that has stuck out particularly to me.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It definitely felt like we spent a lot of time trying to find Jack his hat trick goal from the end of the second onward.

Overall, nice to see the boys battle back from some adversity. The key will be learning not to get there in the first place and capitalizing on the chances when you have them.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I love Hughes competitiveness. We need more of that. We won’t start to win more consistently until we develop an absolute hatred for losing. In the end that’s what it’s going to take for this club to take the next step.

lol Such nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad