GDT: Canadian Soccer | Final Pre-WC Friendlies - Sept 23 @ 11 AM vs. Qatar

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
1-0 win for Canada. Probably should've been more, and let's hope it doesn't come back to haunt them in the second leg.

Probably was too soon to call them the golden generation. Jebus. 1-0 over Haiti, and struggling with Suriname. It gets harder from here on. Worse that Canada scored the only goal on what should have been an easy stop.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Probably was too soon to call them the golden generation. Jebus. 1-0 over Haiti, and struggling with Suriname. It gets harder from here on. Worse that Canada scored the only goal on what should have been an easy stop.
I don’t get why you’re being so antagonistic with this. Why are you taking my original comment as some kind of personal affront?

They got a big win in tough weather and pitch conditions. I still stand my original predictive statement.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don’t get why you’re being so antagonistic with this. Why are you taking my original comment as some kind of personal affront?

They got a big win in tough weather and pitch conditions. I still stand my original predictive statement.

And 1 game is exactly that, 1 game. It's better that they won by the slimmest of margins than lost.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I’ll take the score. It’s not easy playing in the Caribbean, Canadian teams have struggled mightily in the last 20 years in the same situation. Now you might have a point of this were the home leg.

Reactions: oilers'72

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton

He likes claiming victory before the results are in.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
1-0 Canada on a horrid miss and OG on a back pass. Duverger, in his first international, missed a simple back pass from LaFrance, and then bumped the ball out of his clearing shot attempt.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
1-0 Canada on a horrid miss and OG on a back pass. Duverger, in his first international, missed a simple back pass from LaFrance, and then bumped the ball out of his clearing shot attempt.
Feel sorry for the guy and I don’t like to see it. However in the end, if we need the goal, then”it’s a great play pressuring the keeper”from David.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Nice win for the team tonight. 3-0, and 4-0 on aggregate. It's so nice to see a Canadian team that can move the ball well, own possession, and have multiple threats to score. I don't think they could hang in there with the Euro teams just yet, but if they can keep building hopefully they can push through and get some wins against teams like Costa Rica and Jamaica in the final round of qualifying who they've had trouble with in the past. With all the young players the more games against better teams will just help this team improve.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nice win for the team tonight. 3-0, and 4-0 on aggregate. It's so nice to see a Canadian team that can move the ball well, own possession, and have multiple threats to score. I don't think they could hang in there with the Euro teams just yet, but if they can keep building hopefully they can push through and get some wins against teams like Costa Rica and Jamaica in the final round of qualifying who they've had trouble with in the past. With all the young players the more games against better teams will just help this team improve.
Absolutely. Development is critical in this stage. Aim to be as good as possible for the 2026 WC in North America. Maybe even play well enough to attract dual eligible talents into declaring for Canada.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
FIFA World Cup qualifying CONCACAF 2nd round, 2nd leg results.

Curaçao 0 Panama 0 (Panama advance 2-1 on aggregate)
Canada 3 Haiti 0 (Canada advance 4-0 on aggregate)
El Salvador 2 Saint Kitts and Nevis 0 (El Salvador advance 6-0 on aggregate).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00