Post-Game Talk: Canadian plant foliage vs Capitals 7:09ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Burakovsky had a bad game but he at least looked more effective when he was on the 3rd line than Wilson.

wat. Everything I've seen Wilson doing lately has been very good. If it wasn't for Trotz trying to get Dre going, I think he's be solidly entrenched in his third line role.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I'm not ready to give up on Burakovsky yet, especially since Wilson and Latta have been even more useless. Let's give him some time, we know the skill is there.

wat. Everything I've seen Wilson doing lately has been very good. If it wasn't for Trotz trying to get Dre going, I think he's be solidly entrenched in his third line role.

He's had the third line role for 90% of the season. Why do people keep making excuses for the guy, he shows almost no offensive or defensive progress. Being involved in scrums and winning occasional battles doesn't make you a good player.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia

Wilson is a black hole offensively. He has been for two seasons and it looks like more of the same this year.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Ovie's passing and board game have been trash the past couple of games, but otherwise he's been all-world, and he's the only one consistently creating offense, so all is forgiven on that front.

Looks like the secondary scoring has gone back into hibernation.

Holtby pretty good tonight.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Ovie's passing and board game have been trash the past couple of games, but otherwise he's been all-world, and he's the only one consistently creating offense, so all is forgiven on that front.

Looks like the secondary scoring has gone back into hibernation.

Holtby pretty good tonight.

Williams and Backstrom looked great. I still want more but its not complete hibernation.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The team performs unevenly. Some guys have off nights then they wake up in the following game. Still, this is the best start in Capitals history. As long as the team is sharp when the playoffs come around, the rest doesn't really matter.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The team performs unevenly. Some guys have off nights then they wake up in the following game. Still, this is the best start in Capitals history. As long as the team is sharp when the playoffs come around, the rest doesn't really matter.

And you can win that way when you have depth, good D and good G. :)

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I think it was just Johansson. Nick and Williams looked good, you can't rely on the Beagle's line scoring every game, and our 4th line is extremely 4th line.

I know he's playing on the second line, but I don't consider Backstrom secondary scoring. Fair point on Williams though.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I know he's playing on the second line, but I don't consider Backstrom secondary scoring. Fair point on Williams though.

that's the point of playing Backstrom on the second line, to provide secondary scoring.

If he's not secondary than Kuznetsov is secondary scoring, who has provided more than Backstrom so far.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008

This is also my concern, they come out flat a lot. They've been playing from behind a lot, the good news is it's only a one goal deficit and the other team scores first, so I guess you could also say they have a lot of fight to tie the game and then win it.

That 5-3 in the third...oh man...:facepalm:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
very unhappy with cox tv. right after carlson had that chance in overtime, the game switched to a cooking show and never came back on :(

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This is also my concern, they come out flat a lot. They've been playing from behind a lot, the good news is it's only a one goal deficit and the other team scores first, so I guess you could also say they have a lot of fight to tie the game and then win it.

That 5-3 in the third...oh man...:facepalm:

Cardiac Caps forever. We will die of heart attacks if they do that stuff in a SCF.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I think it's a testament that they haven't really looking looked that great so far as a team putting it all together. And yet here we sit at 10-3.

If they figure it all out at the same time they're going to be scary good.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
overall its a very good start into the season for the caps. ovy playing like he does now will put him in the mvp race once again.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
First question. Why split our best line since few games (90-19-14)?

Second one. Are we watching national HOCKEY league or national BALLET league? **** those officials.

Now, hope Ovi will break the record @ Detroit.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not ready to give up on Burakovsky yet, especially since Wilson and Latta have been even more useless. Let's give him some time, we know the skill is there.

He's had the third line role for 90% of the season. Why do people keep making excuses for the guy, he shows almost no offensive or defensive progress. Being involved in scrums and winning occasional battles doesn't make you a good player.

You still seem to have misconceptions about the type of player Wilson is. By pretty much all accounts he's looked better overall this season.

Fwiw I wouldn't send Burt down. Let him work it out here in the icetime he earns.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You still seem to have misconceptions about the type of player Wilson is. By pretty much all accounts he's looked better overall this season.

Fwiw I wouldn't send Burt down. Let him work it out here in the icetime he earns.

Trotz can always scratch Bura for 1 game just to send a message. Sending him to Hershey would be excessive and would also ruin his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad