Status
Not open for further replies.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
MVP MVP MVP

What the hell was that late in the OT Carlson? :laugh

Great game by Ovechkin, not so much for everyone else.

3v3 OT sucks.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Bura is brutal. BRUTAL. There is absolutely no way he is ready to help out this team, especially in the top 6. Turnover machine. Won't make the simple plays. Gets outmuscled consistently

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Bura is brutal. BRUTAL. There is absolutely no way he is ready to help out this team, especially in the top 6. Turnover machine. Won't make the simple plays. Gets outmuscled consistently

It's weird, he was much better than that last year in the playoffs. Sophomore slump I guess.
Ryan Strome is dealing with the same issues right now, they scratched him and sent him down for a few games. Still a terrible game by Bura and many others tonight.

Avoided an embarrassing defeat at the hands of the worst team in the league, all thanks to you-know-who.

Trotz has some work with these guys.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
It's weird, he was much better than that last year in the playoffs. Sophomore slump I guess.
Ryan Strome is dealing with the same issues right now, they scratched him and sent him down for a few games. Still a terrible game by Bura and many others tonight.

Avoided an embarrassing defeat at the hands of the worst team in the league, all thanks to you-know-who.

Trotz has some work with these guys.

Trotz is trying to see if he can get his game going by putting him in the top 6. I have no doubt Trotz is going to send his ass to Hershey if he doesn't turn his game around quick. Seriously, there is no room for the guy on this team - playing the way he has.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Oh, and was anyone watching the Leafs stream? Who were those Ovechkin fanboy commentators?

The HNIC panel? They are the same fools who were bashing Ovi when things went south circa 2012.
Now they're gushing over him like 12 year old fangirls. All they kept talking about is how great he is.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys post on HF. Their opinion changes drastically all the time.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Bura is playing a soft, soft game. Physically and mentally. Worrisome.

The team on the whole needs to get back to basics. Pronto.

They deserved to lose at home to a bottom 3 team.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The HNIC panel? They are the same fools who were bashing Ovi when things went south circa 2012.
Now they're gushing over him like 12 year old fangirls. All they kept talking about is how great he is.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys post on HF. Their opinion changes drastically all the time.

he wasn't talking about the panel... And I don't recall Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson ever really bashing Ovechkin and it was only a couple of commentators, but go ahead generalize if it makes you feel better.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This coaches challenge needs to go away...and I'm generally in support of those in pro sports...but this crap is broken. My idea if it was to tweak it. If any part of the goalie from the overhead cam is outside of the crease it makes goalie interference challenges a no go.

The coach's challenge has become a way for the goalies to have goals overturned just by going to the edge of the blue paint and pretending to be hit by an 18 wheel Mack truck.

he wasn't talking about the panel... And I don't recall Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson ever really bashing Ovechkin and it was only a couple of commentators, but go ahead generalize if it makes you feel better.

Ah, my mistake, I thought he was talking about the panel.
I was talking about Glenn Healy who ripped Ovechkin a new one just a year ago and who was in awe of him today.

Hughson and Simpson are relatively fair and unbiased.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
apparently ovechkin deflected that williams pass. didnt really noticed it.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I hate to admit it, but yeah. Send him to Hershey. Let him fill Vrana's spot.

With how Galiev is blowing up in Hershey, I'd like to see him get some of that time in the bottom pairing. Bura just needs a bunch of games playing big minutes to get into the flow of things.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Ah, my mistake, I thought he was talking about the panel. I was talking about Glenn Healy who ripped Ovechkin a new one just a year ago and who was in awe of him today.

That's true, and Healy is a well known... idiot, like Milbury.

Either way it is true to some degree that Ovechkin has come back, early 2013 were dark times for Ovechkin, I remember even I was considering the possibility of trading him. While a lot of the bashing was completely false and uncalled for, like that stupid gif from the Rangers series it wasn't completely undeserved, Ovechkin fell off big time for awhile there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad