Canadian Networks Leafs Bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
sun.JPG

I love how selective people's memories are. They choose to focus on every positive story related to the Leafs but they don't ever bring up the shit that we have to read from guys like Simmons and crew. The amount of negativity surrounding the Leafs from post sundin till 2016 was suffocating. One of the first things Babcock talked about was making Toronto a safe place to play for its players because of the stupidity and negativity that the media can drop on you. Young players in the new regime weren't allowed to do interviews during games and certain players were off limits for media availability altogether.

Some people here don't have a clue, they just know how to bitch.

Oh and also, this is yet another Leafs thread created by a non-leafs fan, that someone will ignorantly bitch about at some point.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I wish all Leaf fans would like you :thumbu:

Thanks buddy and right back at ya :thumbu:

We are out there, but some like any fan base are way out to lunch lol even I tune them out. With our numbers being so high on here, it just inundates everything.

What we all need is a HF hang out where everyone can grab brews and watch some hockey lol probably next to impossible to do in reality

Reactions: albator71

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
sun.JPG

I love how selective people's memories are. They choose to focus on every positive story related to the Leafs but they don't ever bring up the **** that we have to read from guys like Simmons and crew. The amount of negativity surrounding the Leafs from post sundin till 2016 was suffocating. One of the first things Babcock talked about was making Toronto a safe place to play for its players because of the stupidity and negativity that the media can drop on you. Young players in the new regime weren't allowed to do interviews during games and certain players were off limits for media availability altogether.

Some people here don't have a clue, they just know how to *****.
You are right all that "hype" cuts both ways, Leafs players must deal with a lot more pressure then Sens players for exemple, I'm sure that Sens players can go out with out being bother to much, compare to Leafs players

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
First off, you won't find an article about why the leafs deserved the win unless they completely outplayed a team. For all the good that Toronto market and the hype brings, there's just as much negativity. Leafs fans and media goes into full out crisis mode after losses. So clearly that point is not true.

As for the Matthews is GOAT, yes, there are quite a few articles about Matthews and how good he is as a player. It's warranted. He's a homegrown generational talent and something we have never had in the history of this franchise. You must be out of your mind if you think the media isn't going to milk out every last drop out of his coverage. You don't think Aaron Judge is being treated like a king with full blown media coverage in NYC? Great young players for iconic franchises get articles written about them.
That was just generic examples... go on TSN after a leafs game and you’ll see all manner of articles relating to them...

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Thanks buddy and right back at ya :thumbu:

We are out there, but some like any fan base are way out to lunch lol even I tune them out. With our numbers being so high on here, it just inundates everything.

What we all need is a HF hang out where everyone can grab brews and watch some hockey lol probably next to impossible to do in reality
Yep that would be nice just a bunch of hockey fans watching the game they love. I like your way of thinking

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
You are right all that "hype" cuts both ways, Leafs players must deal with a lot more pressure then Sens players for exemple, I'm sure that Sens players can go out with out being bother to much, compare to Leafs players

It gets so brutal here!

Hell I know when Matthews takes a crap, what Willie had for dinner, when Marner eats skittles lol

Plus the controversies because every word is analyzed when players or coaches speak.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
That was just generic examples... go on TSN after a leafs game and you’ll see all manner of articles relating to them...
They were bad generic examples. And yes there's always Toronto related stuff on TSN. We kind of are there largest consumers so naturally they're going to cater to our needs.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
It gets so brutal here!

Hell I know when Matthews takes a crap, what Willie had for dinner, when Marner eats skittles lol

Plus the controversies because every word is analyzed when players or coaches speak.
You have to be mentally tough to play in TO, when you win its the most amazing place to play but when you lose, it can be a nightmare.

Reactions: DanM

nobody

Aug 8, 2017

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
I don't take it personally or anything. I've been a Sens fan too long for that. Toronto is the media capital of Canada. The economic capital. The population capital. A major reason I identify with the Senators is that they're always an overlooked, underdog, at least in terms of attention. It's fun to spoil the party sometimes. To be the David vs Goliath in terms of narrative.

Who wants to root for Goliath? The Leafs are Yankees of Canadian NHL teams.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Dwins172

Feb 21, 2015
Is there any team in any sport that has such a large fanbase but so little success in recent years?(5 decades) Like ManU in soccer but they havent won in 50 years? NY Jets have won more recently. There must be. Any sport will do.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Is there any team in any sport that has such a large fanbase but so little success in recent years?(5 decades) Like ManU in soccer but they havent won in 50 years? NY Jets have won more recently. There must be. Any sport will do.

Chicago Bulls are the only one I can think of since the 90s are now 20 years ago, but even that is much more recent than any Leafs championship.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017

I know you're being a smartass, but here's a list so you can learn something new!
http://www.businessinsider.com/longest-championship-droughts-pro-sports-2017-8

Also Red Sox went 86 years without a WS and Cubs went 108 till their recent wins.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
You have to be mentally tough to play in TO, when you win its the most amazing place to play but when you lose, it can be a nightmare.

Agreed!

Here and Montreal. Honestly I would choose T.O media wise over the Habs. We have the Raps, Jays, TFC, and to a lesser extent the Argos who take a bit of heat for us. In Montreal it's all Habs, all the time.

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014
I don't take it personally or anything. I've been a Sens fan too long for that. Toronto is the media capital of Canada. The economic capital. The population capital. A major reason I identify with the Senators is that they're always an overlooked, underdog, at least in terms of attention. It's fun to spoil the party sometimes. To be the David vs Goliath in terms of narrative.

Who wants to root for Goliath? The Leafs are Yankees of Canadian NHL teams.

the Leafs are the Knicks.. premier franchises in their respective sports that have been utter shit with years of ridiculously incompetent management and ownership.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I still predict the leafs make ECF this year, if you think the "biased" gets bad now, wait till the playoffs..

were none of you alive in 1999 and 2002? all of Canada was behind the leafs like a frenzy.

The leafs at the end of the day, are Canada's team.. and with Matthews, their popularity just grew on new fans who have had parents who used to watch Mats Sundin and Scott Thomas lead the leafs in the playoffs, and their generations before that watching Gilmour.

The leafs are a big deal in Canada.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
I still predict the leafs make ECF this year, if you think the "biased" gets bad now, wait till the playoffs..

were none of you alive in 1999 and 2002? all of Canada was behind the leafs like a frenzy.

The leafs at the end of the day, are Canada's team.. and with Matthews, their popularity just grew on new fans who have had parents who used to watch Mats Sundin and Scott Thomas lead the leafs in the playoffs, and their generations before that watching Gilmour.

You're very wrong. Not about the Leafs making the ECF, that's entirely possible. But about Canada rallying around them. There is no Canadian team Canadians would rally less around. Nobody who wasn't already a Leafs fan in the East would rally around them. I don't think you'd find any fans in Edmonton with all this "Matthews is better than McDavid" talk. You won't find bandwagon fans anywhere, really, but maybe a few out west.

We all hate each other too much. Lord knows I'd root for them to lose.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

This is just laughable.

The country wasn’t remotely in a frenzy over the Leafs in either of those two years. Where do you get that from?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This again? Seriously?

If you have a problem, take it up with the networks. They'll just laugh you because their ratings will be what they care about.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I wish the Habs and the Leafs would form their own 2 team league so we didnt have to deal with their obnoxious fans anymore :)
Then that league would be most profitable, then the other four Original 6 teams would switch to it and more until leaving Ottawa broke because they leach off the rich teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad