Canadian Networks Leafs Bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
So TSN has Leafs lunch, which is fine if they want to do that, but what about Habs Lunch, Jets lunch, Canucks Lunch etc, for a national network they sure are bias towards one team.

Sportsnet has Hockey Central which should be re-named Leafs central because all they do is talk about the Leafs for the first 15 or 20 minutes. Again, for a national network they sure are focused on one team.

Of course they are doing it for ratings only but by doing that they are shafting 80% of the country. Every poll taken in the past 10 years has shown that the Habs have more fans in Canada than the Leafs but because most Quebec fans watch on French networks TSN and Sportsnt don't care. They only care about eyes on their channels which as I said earlier shafts everyone outside of Ontario.

With all the Leaf love and excessive commercials within 10 years both networks will be irrelevant as Canadians will wake up and start streaming free games, I've already dumped Sportsnet this year and will probably dump TSN soon as the only thing I watch there is Jets games and the CFL. I've come to relaize that major networks are horrible, American ones are extremely horrible and that I am wasting my money paying for their propaganda, commercials and horrible programming. I PVR almost everything I watch now to avoid commercials. Anyone else feel the same?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
TSN is laughably egregious about it, but whatever. It doesn't bother me that much.

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014
I for one find it hilarious how they get all this attention and Leafs fans brag about it. Like ur one of the most mediocre franchises in the league chill no one cares.

honestly, I'd rather the Leafs not get the media attention they get. it's really frustrating how they attack players like Phil and essentially worsen the Leafs ability to obtain FA's

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
honestly, I'd rather the Leafs not get the media attention they get. it's really frustrating how they attack players like Phil and essentially worsen the Leafs ability to obtain FA's
Ya i felt bad for Phil and feel bad for the Leafs fans who just want to follow their team but get bad rep cause of the other half of their fanbase

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
The Leafs are Canada's Team. You just have to learn to deal with it.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I for one find it hilarious how they get all this attention and Leafs fans brag about it. Like ur one of the most mediocre franchises in the league chill no one cares.

I respect your opinion, but the Leafs and Habs are Hockey.

I respect all franchises, but we are literally the beginning of the NHL, not mediocre.

I was raised to understand the historical significance of franchises like the Habs, or any of the original six, they are hockey. I don't like just reading Leafs articles either, and I don't blame anybody who gets annoyed at it, but we are big business for them.

Reactions: FishManSam

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Evidently some people here still don't grasp the effect demand has on a market. I can assure you, the Leafs wouldn't get as much attention if they didn't generate as much clicks, listens and media revenue. Just goes with the territory of being a mega popular team. The sooner people accept this instead of whining (cause that won't change anything) the better.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Once cable dries up there will be more smaller local team talk shows. Less of the forced leafs drama... i don’t give a f*** who went to bozaks wedding.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I respect your opinion, but the Leafs and Habs are Hockey.

I respect all franchises, but we are literally the beginning of the NHL, not mediocre.

I was raised to understand the historical significance of franchises like the Habs, or any of the original six, they are hockey. I don't like just reading Leafs articles either, and I don't blame anybody who gets annoyed at it, but we are big business for them.
I wish the Habs and the Leafs would form their own 2 team league so we didnt have to deal with their obnoxious fans anymore :)

Reactions: SpoolCat

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
No, they are not.

They are not remotely beloved Canada wide, so posts like these make absolutely no sense.

I have tons of family on the east coast, and out west, they all love either the Leafs or Habs. I am not going to say something stupid like any team is Canada's team lol but both the Habs and Leafs have BY FAR the most fans country wise, by a very large margin. Historically it only makes sense.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I wish the Habs and the Leafs would form their own 2 team league so we didnt have to deal with their obnoxious fans anymore :)

So you really don't get the historical significance of both the Leafs and Habs? If we both left the league, it would damage the whole product.

Original six franchises are very important, how is this not logical at all?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I have tons of family on the east coast, and out west, they all love either the Leafs or Habs. I am not going to say something stupid like any team is Canada's team lol but both the Habs and Leafs have BY FAR the most fans country wise, by a very large margin. Historically it only makes sense.

Yes, but there aren’t more Leaf fans in Edmonton the Oilers fans, or more in Calgary than Flames fans, not more in all of BC the Canuck fans, not more in Manitoba than Jet fans, certainly no where near as many in Quebec than Hab fans.

The “Canada’s Team” concept is ludicrous.

Reactions: flamesforcup

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Yes, but there aren’t more Leaf fans in Edmonton the Oilers fans, or more in Calgary than Flames fans, not more in all of BC the Canuck fans, not more in Manitoba than Jet fans, certainly no where near as many in Quebec than Hab fans.

The “Canada’s Team” concept is ludicrous.

That's for sure fair. I dislike my own team getting shoved down my throat as well, I am an NHL fan and look at the league as a whole.

It's just when I hear stupid statements like "Leafs and Habs can leave and start their own league" the amount the NHL and the product would suffer if these teams decided to leave would be enormous.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
So you really don't get the historical significance of both the Leafs and Habs? If we both left the league, it would damage the whole product.

Original six franchises are very important, how is this not logical at all?
I do get the importance but its just to much Leafs and Habs all the time its making me sick ;)

member 147413

Hey OP, just don’t watch

Pot meet kettle

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I do get the importance but its just to much Leafs and Habs all the time its making me sick ;)

Man I hear ya! I am sick of my own product! Matthews every thread, every sports story on T.V shoving them down my throat, I totally get it. Most of us Leaf fans in Toronto get sick of it, only a small majority ruin it for us on here lol

Reactions: albator71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad