Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
the number 4 spot in the last five games is going to be interesting. This division is going to despise each other in the next 20+ games.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ottawa has been getting absolutely pummeled so far. I fully expect them to grow from this experience and learn how to be difficult to play against exactly in time to finally play the Flames.

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
After seeing how everyone is beating up on Ottawa and Vancouver and that we are not even a quarter way through the season; I think we all need to take a deep breath step back and let things play out more before we start proclaiming who is the best.

As it stands one of Winnipeg, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, or Edmonton could still finish 1st overall.

I am encouraged by Toronto's improved team defense. Those claiming Toronto is defensively a weak team are basing this on past seasons and hoping it becomes true this season.

I am curious to see how PLD improves Winnipeg.

Edmonton screams 4th or 5th place finish to me, but when you have the 2 best players in the world anything can happen.
(side note: Oilers fans stop this rhetoric of Leafs fans claiming Matthews is as good as McDavid. No one in Leafs land thinks this. McDavid is an Ontario kid and many of us watched him play before he entered in the NHL. We are happy for him)

Calgary is a jekyll and hyde team. I do believe they'll fall under the radar at some point in this division and make someone pay dearly for it.

Montreal is the most fascinating to me. I will admit they made me nervous, but then I saw Toronto play Vancouver and Montreals surge started to make sense. Montreal will be the most interesting team to follow going forward.

Reactions: Theodore450

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Gonna be funny when Calgary starts getting hot and Edmonton finds itself on the outside looking in again.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Ottawa has been getting absolutely pummeled so far. I fully expect them to grow from this experience and learn how to be difficult to play against exactly in time to finally play the Flames.

Sounds about right. We always seem to catch teams on losing streaks just on the verge of playing much better.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
The Flames need to make up some ground over the next stretch of games.

Over their first 12 games they played Edmonton, Vancouver and Ottawa three times combined. 12 of their next 14 are against those 3 teams.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames need to make up some ground over the next stretch of games.

Over their first 12 games they played Edmonton, Vancouver and Ottawa three times combined. 12 of their next 14 are against those 3 teams.

The Flames schedule so far has been

Ottawa x 0 gms
Edmonton x 1 gm
Vancouver x 2 gms
Toronto x 2 gms
Montreal x 2 gms
Winnipeg x 5 gms

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
My money would be on Montreal finishing first. I think their team is well balanced and some of their players are having an absolute monster year so far.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs win. 11-2-1: 23 points.

Habs fall to 8-3-2: 18 points.

I think Montreal plays Edmonton tomorrow so that should be an interesting game.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I can’t see Montreal losing on Saturday. They shut down Marner and Matthews, both were pretty invisible. And you’re not getting goals from Mik-whatever and Holl again

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Leafs will end up running away with the division in the regular season, at least... which will be a huge advantage given the fourth seed in the North is going to be a team that shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad