WJC: Canada WJC Discussion (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vad87

Feb 15, 2008
Quebec
Danault showing he can score goals in the dirty areas. He could be what the team needs on the 3rd/4th lines. Great defensively, can play any forward position, some skill there as well.

Danault and Bournival can be a great energic shutdown duo

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Do anybody know when the next set of cuts will be and how is Beaulieu and Bournival playing tonight?

Not sure about the cuts but apparently Beaulieu and Ceci have been two of Canada's best defenceman and Bournival has played well too.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Ceci and Beaulieu with another solid game. I'd love to see them both on the team.

BXN

Jul 14, 2009
Do anybody know when the next set of cuts will be and how is Beaulieu and Bournival playing tonight?

They are securing their spots tonight. Overall, I think Beaulieu has been the most consistent d-man in the past 3 games. And Beaulieu is paired with Ceci, who's playing great too. So Beaulieu looks great.

Bournival is, I think, a lock. To versatile, scored tonight.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Tomorrow morning will be the final cuts.

Beaulieu has been fantastic tonight. In my opinion, he and Ceci have been their best defenders. Great pass to Toffoli and a nice one-timer goal are two highlights for him.

Bournival his usual 200 foot self. Can play anywhere on the ice and has a goal on a lethal shot in this game. He should be on the team in my opinion.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
At this point I hope Murphy gets sent home to Kitchener, its obvious Don Hay and the other coaches are trying to make him into something he isn't. Last year Dave Cameron let him play his game and he was one of the best defensemen in camp. Don't need Murphy to come back after the WJC and try to play like something he isn't.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I also think Bournival is one of if not the most physically fit players trying out for the team, really takes pride in his off season workouts.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Tomorrow, 6AM local (MST).
Two goalies, four defensemen, and seven forwards will be going home.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Agree with Danault, and it may come at the expense of Bulmer whose been decent, but not great.

Down the Middle I have:
1. Scheifele
2. Strome
3. Bounival
4. Jenner

Wingers:
1. Schwartz
2. Huberdeau
3. Smith-Pelly
4. Stone
5. Gallagher
6. Howden
7. Connolly
8. Hamilton

That leaves 1* spot open for:
1. Danault
2. Thomas
3. Toffolli
4. Ross
5. Bulmer
Bulmer seemed to have the inside track, but may not make it because of how Danault has played

* Obviously with Huberdeau and Howden injured, its likely at least 1 guy gets put on call. Id say Thomas is likely because hes been done pretty much everything but score, and because his skating really stands out

If I was Hay things would be a lot different, but just predicting how I think it all ends up

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Agreed. I haven't been able to watch but I thought Visentin and Bunz were on the the same team tonight...(I think both are playing for Canada though, not CIS)

Either way, I don't really think any of the goalies have done anything good or bad enough to solidify a spot or lose on going into tonight, so I would be shocked if it wasn't Bunz and Visentin this year.

Bunz was the best goalie at the summer camp by most accounts and has been arguably the best of the 4 all year so far in the regular season, so I get the feeling he will be backing up Visentin to start.

Can't say I'm happy Visentin is being handed a job since he has been arguably the worst of the 4 this season. It's tough for goalies to turn it around and gain confidence quickly, but I guess they feel the experience is going to be a big help this year.
Wedgewood has been far the busiest goaltender through 3 games, has only let in point blank scoring chances and has only allowed 1 goal on 11 shootout attempts. Bunz let in a couple questionable goals and has stated to the media he isn't great at SO's.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Beaulieu-Ceci are definitely QBing the PP a lot better than Morrow-Murphy.

I am agreeing with every one here who has them as a pairing on the team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just wondering.....did anybody had Ceci in their lineup? 'Cause I don't recall it and by every report, he has been pretty good all week.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Right now..this is my team.

Schwartz - Scheifele - Connolly
Huberdeau - Strome - DSP
Howden - Bournival - Gallagher
Hamilton - Jenner - Stone
Danault

Murray - Hamilton
Beaulieu - Ceci
Gormley - Pysyk
Petrovic

Visentin
Wedgewood

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Beaulieu-Ceci are definitely QBing the PP a lot better than Morrow-Murphy.

I am agreeing with every one here who has them as a pairing on the team.

Murphy is holding back so much on the powerplay if he was wearing a diffrent name of the back of his jersey you couldn't recognize him. Someone has to have told him to change his game and it's ruining everything he's good at.

BXN

Jul 14, 2009
Just wondering.....did anybody had Ceci in their lineup? 'Cause I don't recall it and by every report, he has been pretty good all week.

Didn't want to sound to bias, so I didn't. But he has to be.

JackMeyer

Jun 29, 2011
New York
I think Murphy goes home. Don Hay likes his defense to defend first and worry about offence later. If he takes even one purely offensive D-man, it'll be Beaulieu. He's been great with Ceci. Also, any update on Huberdeau?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Uh, why would he be holding back in a game that is crucial for his chances of making Team Canada?

Because his coaches told him too? Murphy plays an extremely uptemp style, lots of flash, lots of risky plays that made him one of the best powerplay players in the entire CHL. But I know for a fact if Don Hay coached Kitchener, he wouldn't have let Murphy do that, and I'm sure he told him to stop taking so many risks and hold back to shore up your defense, and its ruining his game. Murphy will go home because Don Hay will not let him play how Murphy should be playing.

Seriously, if you've ever watched Murphy, you would see how diffrent his game has changed, and Murphy would not do that himself, but he'll listen to his coaches and do it. People don't like to say Don Cherry is right but he was absoulutely right when he said coaches have to learn to let him play like he knows how and not try to change him to play diffrently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad