GDT: Canada vs Sweden Friday August 5th 1 pm eastern TSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
it doesn't give you any idea of anything. Leafs mnmt is seeing what every other person who realizes what hockey in august is seeing. guys not in mid season form

marner was still one of the best on the ice ,is he playing tonite ?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Some people put a lot of stock in these games, pretty funny.

Man people put all stock in nothing but speculation here all summer too. When there should be a break in opinion it just keeps going on the board now. There is not going to be the intensity in these games some expect, me included.

Its better than all the guess work going on lately.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I know its summer and these games are pretty much meaningless, but what is with these Canadian teams and Marner that just doesn't seem to work?

Like Memorial Cup- Marner with the cross ice pass, goal, with the slap pass like in the last minute there, goal.

In the Leafs prospect camp- Marner with the cross ice pass to Grundstrom, goal.

On this Canadian squad- Marner with the cross ice pass, saved, slap pass, fanned?

This is a pretty valid question! Hockey Canada has a serious problem. They value skilled players over players with substance, heart and work ethic.

To many skill playes and a countries hockey identity loss possibly? I am not sure but it seems to be going that way. Swedens goalie was good but their work ethic and play cohesion was off the chart better.

The Canadian coaches sent out a confused looking outfit. Piss poor coaching again with worst amongst their peers work ethic.

Thats Hockey Canada now in a nut shell.

Not a single character player will be on the team in December and we will not do well again. The evaluation process's obnoxious blind eye to character and substance players needs to be looked into.

These Canada teams lately are lacking.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is a pretty valid question! Hockey Canada has a serious problem. They value skilled players over players with substance, heart and work ethic.

To many skill playes and a countries hockey identity loss possibly? I am not sure but it seems to be going that way. Swedens goalie was good but their work ethic and play cohesion was off the chart better.

The Canadian coaches sent out a confused looking outfit. Piss poor coaching again with worst amongst their peers work ethic.

Thats Hockey Canada now in a nut shell.

Not a single character player will be on the team in December and we will not do well again. The evaluation process's obnoxious blind eye to character and substance players needs to be looked into.

These Canada teams lately are lacking.

Last years results were the worst in 18 years with Team Canada dating back to the 1990's and this camp Canada has lost 2 and play the USA today and if they lose will finish last in this tournament.

Even with top 5 picks like Marner and Strome they aren't very successful.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Halfway through the 3rd he turned it up a notch, kind of like that last game in the WJC. If he goes to Leaf camp and plays like he did most of this game, he is back in London.

My main concern is that he is a slow starter.
Plus I don't think they'll be very good in October.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Last years results were the worst in 18 years with Team Canada dating back to the 1990's and this camp Canada has lost 2 and play the USA today and if they lose will finish last in this tournament.

Even with top 5 picks like Marner and Strome they aren't very successful.

The teams look tight and tense. They should look completely the opposite in this type of warm-up friendly.

Something is rotting at the core of Hockey Canada if you ask me. This play of these teams lately could envoke some descriptions from me that would make calling them quitters sound like a compliment.

There is a problem with the will of our selected players lately. We get out worked consistently. Nuff said.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
The teams look tight and tense. They should look completely the opposite in this type of warm-up friendly.

Something is rotting at the core of Hockey Canada if you ask me. This play of these teams lately could envoke some descriptions from me that would make calling them quitters sound like a compliment.

There is a problem with the will of our selected players lately. We get out worked consistently. Nuff said.

North American hockey is becoming Euro hockey, it will take us a long time to adjust and will be on the losing end for a while.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
North American hockey is becoming Euro hockey, it will take us a long time to adjust and will be on the losing end for a while.

Well no. They are out working us and are not generally viewed as more skilled in the process. They have more will and character than Canada teams in many instances. Thats a major knock on Hockey Canada evaluations.

Hockey Canada looks political and thats stinky. There is a problem with the teams selected not the tag of being Euro hockey.

There should be some substance players on these teams. There is not any leaders, just skill players and nobody out there just pounding the opposition physically. Its a soft skill hockey approach that is completely different than our identity.

Thats Hockey Canada's fault in who they selected on these poor showing teams of late. If the grinders that dictate play were there we would know it.

They aren't helping the skill players by picking one style of player to compliment them. Anyways bro, I'm not to happy with teams of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad