GDT: Canada vs. Russia Exhibition Rematch (Game #3) | 7:00 ET | Streamed

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Three Stars (decided by me):

1. Curtis Lazar
2. Nick Baptiste
3. Hadyn Fleury

Canada plays again tomorrow at Concordia (unsure on opponent). Finns most likely.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I thought Nurse looked really good and reacted well to a very borderline 10 min misconduct. I still think he should go back to junior though. A lot to like, but he needs more seasoning and physical maturation.

Chase I didn't notice as much.

He should be back in juniors. I'll love to have him in the team, but with our current depth, there's absolutely no need to put him in. Another strong year in the OHL along with the World Juniors will develop him even more.

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
I thought Nurse was just okay - he seemed rather average today for the most part, Chase seemed to start well, but faded a little 2nd half

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I say let Nurse play the 9 game try-out just for some more experience and then Junior him for the remainder. Chase will be playing in OKC, right?

Lazar is another different story. :naughty: :vhappy:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I say let Nurse play the 9 game try-out just for some more experience and then Junior him for the remainder. Chase will be playing in OKC, right?

Yeah, I'm sure that's the plan for him. 9 games, sent down, juniors along with WJ. Next year = makes the team.

oilz89*

Because we know the game and you look like a fool when you're clearly being bias. Also, it doesn't help new viewers when you're making stuff up to suit your agenda. They're trying to learn the rules.

To be fair, i don't think that many new viewers would be watching this type of game during this month lol

oilz89*

He should be back in juniors. I'll love to have him in the team, but with our current depth, there's absolutely no need to put him in. Another strong year in the OHL along with the World Juniors will develop him even more.

Yeah look at Nurse now he's probably the most physically fit beast on the team. Imagine him in one year :amazed:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Chase is going back to the Hitmen.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Chase is going back to the Hitmen.

yep, got my season tickets aready, hopefully Virtanen comes back as well. and Sanheim ( i wish we would have been able to swing a deal to pick him, the flyers got a gem in him

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Why would it matter if the commentators are biased if we're cheering for Canada (or so I assume you guys are), if anything we should like it for that quality more, IMO. :dunno:

Explains why the sens could employ Garry Galley for so long. That guy was plain awful.
I remember him trying to justify why a goal that Spezza clearly kicked in should be counted because he didn't "intend" to kick it in the net. Then he *****ed the rest of the game about how the Sens should have another goal.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Bennett takes a ton of penalties. On a related note, I remember a CP post/thread stating Bennett was super tough because he took a lot of penalties in junior ( broken down by type) and LD was soft because he didn't take them

Penalties to determine toughness and the GRIT chart... Some serious insight at the ole CP

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Canada first loss 5-2.

Pronman impressed with Chase again. Said he's got a chance to make the team.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Any reason why Germany, and more specifically Draisaitl, isn't at this Exhibition?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Any reason why Germany, and more specifically Draisaitl, isn't at this Exhibition?

Probably just the most popular teams were playing. I.E: Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic.

When watching the Canadian games I wish King Leon was Canadian, lol.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Hey Oilers fans. Kings fan here. Glad to read your top prospect D. Nurse is having or had a good tournament. I was flamed on HF for a proposed trade last season of Nurse for Mike Richards, straight up, by both sides. But the reason I came by is I was hoping a few of you that watched the tournament could tell me how Kings prospect Roland McKeown (2) did. Could you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad