GDT: Canada vs. Russia Exhibition Rematch (Game #3) | 7:00 ET | Streamed

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Canada defeats Russia by a score of 5-2.

Goals by (Fabbri, Ritchie, Horvat, Dal Colle and Bowey).

Three Stars (Decided by me):

1. Robby Fabbri
2. Connor McDavid
3. Nick Ritchie

Canada faces Russia again tomorrow (same time, same arena).

Dominant performance. I like what I see.

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Pretty good match. McDavid looks damn good for sure. Hope to see Nurse and Chase for the game tomorrow.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I know they'd prefer him on the right, but with Ekblad out, I wonder if they try Nurse on the left side?

edit: that makes no sense, Ekblad shoots right not left. Derp.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I don't know, maybe Nurse. They're going to try out all the players invited. Probably expect another new roster for the most part.

They invited 24 forwards, 12 defensemen and 4 goalies(2 perfect teams). Since they used pretty much a brand new roster I'd expect a lot of guys from the Czech game to be playing again. Since a guy like Chase is a bubble player I'd think there's a decent chance he plays both remaining games.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Just going to re-bump this thread vs. making a new one.

Nurse and Chase play tonight, enjoy!

koeltrain

Oct 27, 2005
E-town
Hawrelyk (sp?) & Nurse are moving their feet out there - both very fast on some of their shifts so far this 1st

Also, why no names on these jersey's?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Hawrelyk (sp?) & Nurse are moving their feet out there - both very fast on some of their shifts so far this 1st

Also, why no names on these jersey's?

Lazar. :naughty:

Assuming they don't want people to get the idea that the person has already made the team, and people will assume that if they get there name on a Jersey; or they're just lazy and didn't want to put the nameplates on the back of the Jerseys.

A taste of hockey in August is such a nice treat.

Really nice stream they're putting on too.

Yep. I agree.

I think these commentators aren't half bad. They're pretty good.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Nurse looks super aggressive out there. Every time a forward crosses the blue line he steps up. He relies alot more on positioning and stick work rather than going for the hit and risk being taken out of position. In the offensive zone he is always looking to pitch down as well.

He skates a ton out there rather than floating around like some bigger d do

Edit: gets a hitting the head call and a 10 minute penalty. Pretty brutal call.

Chase being Chase too

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Hahah, Nurse and Chase are playing really chippy.

Nurse gets a 2 and 10 (2 minutes for checking to the head, 10 minute-misconduct), he'll be back in 10 mins.

Chase get's a penalty for continuing his chippiness :laugh:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Defenceman Samuel Morin tumbles down and bangs into the boards.

He's a big man at 6' 7", he got up shaky and looks like he's done for the period.

Edit:

Morin returns, but Center Frederick Gauthier was laboring and went down the tunnel seething.

Edit2:

Nick Baptiste gets a late breakway in the first and is blatantly taken down with no call.

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
In a first period that saw Canada get chippy with Russia and showed that rivalry we like to see, Darnell Nurse and Greg Chase lead in the banging while both Jayce Hawyrluk and Hadyn Fleury were flying down the ice, skating really well. Tristan Jarry was solid, as was Canada's PK killing off all four Penalties.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Tristan Jarry was putting on a clinic with saves, including one save of the game; but Nikita Cherepanov fires home a goal for Russia.

Tied, 1-1.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Forward Frederik Gauthier (who was playing as 4th line Center, with Hawyrluk and Chase on his wings) who was shaken up late in the first has not returned yet for the second.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Nurse' 10 minute-misconduct is over and he's available to come back onto the ice. (at 13:03 of the 2nd).

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Tristan Jarry was excellent in his half-game stint. Zachary Fucale will play out the rest of the game.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Forward Nick Baptiste who has been buzzing around all game capitalizes on a Team Canada PP, sniping home a goal assisted by Hadyn Fleury.

2-1, Canada.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Just like that Team Canada scores again. Immediately after Anthony Dulclair sets up Sam Reinhart on the two-on-one.

3-1, Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad