GDT: Canada vs. Russia Exhibition Rematch (Game #3) | 7:00 ET | Streamed

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
The colour guy for this broadcast is really annoying. He's super biased against Russia. It wouldn't be so bad if his analysis didn't suck.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Sam Bennett who was putting on a show wasn't going to be denied, pots home a goal being in the right place at the right time.

4-1, Canada.

After two periods of play.

Frederik Gauthier has not returned. Most likely for precautionary reasons.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Why would it matter if the commentators are biased if we're cheering for Canada (or so I assume you guys are), if anything we should like it for that quality more, IMO. :dunno:

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Why would it matter if the commentators are biased if we're cheering for Canada (or so I assume you guys are), if anything we should like it for that quality more, IMO. :dunno:

Because we know the game and you look like a fool when you're clearly being bias. Also, it doesn't help new viewers when you're making stuff up to suit your agenda. They're trying to learn the rules.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Because we know the game and you look like a fool when you're clearly being bias. Also, it doesn't help new viewers when you're making stuff up to suit your agenda. They're trying to learn the rules.

I guess we clearly have different views and opinions then.

Fair enough sir.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
It's in Canada, what do you expect. Atleast we get a broadcast.

Would you rather listen to it in Russian?

Hey I'm happy I get to watch the game but when you see Gregoire clearly take a run at Sorokin, and then the colour guy says Gregoire got pushed in even after seeing the replay...that's pretty bad. That's the 6th or 7th time he's made that sort of blind pro-Canadian analysis. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely cheering for Canada however I'd rather just hear the play-by play at this point. Pro-Canadian is fine too as long as you call it like it is and aren't just trying to get some attention.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Hey I'm happy I get to watch the game but when you see Gregoire clearly take a run at Sorokin, and then the colour guy says Gregoire got pushed in even after seeing the replay...that's pretty bad. That's the 6th or 7th time he's made that sort of blind pro-Canadian analysis. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely cheering for Canada however I'd rather just hear the play-by play at this point. Pro-Canadian is fine too as long as you call it like it is and aren't just trying to get some attention.

You can always use the mute button, and talk to yourself; commentating your own way. :thumbu:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Captain Curtis Lazar scores a re-bound goal to answer right back and to get his 2nd of the night.

5-2, Canada.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
:vhappy:

Chase has been playing like a basterd, if you will (in a good way) he's playing like a chippy 4th line NHL'er and Nurse has shown flashes of his speed and skill.

Expected from good ol Chase. Looks like Nurse picked up the first goal assist. :yo:

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
Chase has been playing like a basterd, if you will (in a good way) he's playing like a chippy 4th line NHL'er and Nurse has shown flashes of his speed and skill.

yes, Chase had a very strong first period and his line has created momentum just about every shift. Chase seems to be slowing a bit as the game progresses, but he's done well on the forecheck, controlling play in the o-zone and generating some chances.

Nurse had a strong 2nd, after returning from his 10 min misconduct for a hit to the head in the 1st. but early in the 3rd he had a shift where he wasn't strong enough in his coverage that led to a couple of RUS chances within about 10 seconds of one another.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Russia cuts the lead down to two on the Power Play (Nurse losing his stick leading it to be a 5 on 3 didn't help).

5-3, Canada.

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
oh look, Bennett's back in the box (3rd minor of the game). Oilers PP will someday eat him alive.
that said, he's going to give us fits in our own zone.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Russia's pressing pulling there Goalie on the Power Play to make it a 6 on 3 with a minute left. Reinhart, Lazar, Fleury and Nurse on the ice to kill this key Power Play for the Russians.

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
Reinhart and Lazar are gems. i think both will stick in the big league and neither is on the team come Christmas.

SchultzSquared*

This game should be watched by all who want Nurse on the roster THIS year... he is still gambling too much against juniors... never mind at the next level

There is zero wrong with sending him back... let him develop nice and slow... Marincin Klefa Musil and may be a Davidson (the AHL coaching staff has called him a dark horse) can all fight it out for the 3rd pair LD spot after Nikitin Ference... next year bring Nurse in but again put him in a role to succeed... sheltered ice time like Pietrangelo first season

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Player of the game Curtis Lazar scores the Hat-Trick (and 2nd short-handed PK goal) to ice the game for Canada.

6-3, Canada.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I thought Nurse looked really good and reacted well to a very borderline 10 min misconduct. I still think he should go back to junior though. A lot to like, but he needs more seasoning and physical maturation.

Chase I didn't notice as much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad