Canada Soccer Part VII: Qatar Booked Edition

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Tajon is not a smart player.

Plenty of opportunities to break out being wasted by stupid passes.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
It's frustrating. We need a coach or a captain to grab him by the collar and tell him he just needs to be the player he is for his club.

Tajon with a rough day but contributed at least.
You need a coach with an ego. Ancelotti or Mancini would walk into that dressing room and proceed to kiss him on the cheek to show some respect before firmly slapping him in the face.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
De Fougerolles got a jog in...he looked better than Kamal. I didn't see him touch the ball, but I'm confident making that claim.

• Haha
Reactions: Tuggy

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Didn't even know this thread existed.

Unfortunately, nothing about this game made me feel any more comfortable about going into Copa, and in fact it probably made me feel worse. What was clear is that they were struggling mightily with only two in the midfield. Ugbo look lost most of his time on the pitch, oddly enough except for the assist on the goal, but I don't really know who would be a realistic addition to the starting XI. We're lacking a 2nd dynamic attacking midfielder. We have an 8 in both Kone and Choiniere but that's it. I still think we need to have a 3-1-4-2. I think the 1 should be a Kone or Choiniere and play them as a 7 (half 6, half 8) and then try and figure out someone else to play alongside Eustaquio.

Defensively, if they're that aggressive again, we're toast.

Outside of the top 3 or 4 strikers in the world, they mostly have to rely on getting in to good positions for the midfielders to get them the ball. I find that David just isn't getting the same level of quality plays here that he does at Lille.

Davies. Holy f***. It's Superstar Syndrome to a T. There is no way in hell he would ever try to pull any of the moves he does with TC back home at Beyern, or when he'll get to Madrid.

Biello. Impossible to tell. But we need to find a coach and we need to do it 6 months ago.

Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Unfortunately, nothing about this game made me feel any more comfortable about going into Copa, and in fact it probably made me feel worse.
This is so real. The product on the field feels stale and with Biello at the helm I don't see that changing.

If T&T had anyone who could finish that game would have gone differently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad