PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Sounds like it could certainly happen.

Would be at least two friendlies prior to the Copa.

June 6 vs the Dutch and June 9 vs France.

First match of Copa against Argentina is June 20.

So plenty of time to come back to NA and get ready.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Frank's track record is not special but he certainly brings more credibility than Biello.. who does Frank usually have as his one and two?

Does anyone remember that Herdman brought Neville and Shaw in? They promptly disappeared..

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
CPL Kicks off today, here are my predictions. We don't know the playoff format yet so basing that off of last season.
  1. Cavalry - Wins the regular season again
  2. Forge
  3. Atletico
  4. Pacific
  5. York United
  6. Halifax Wanderers
  7. Vancouver
  8. Valour

Playoffs:
4v5 Qualifying game: York > Pacific. The GTA club finally win a playoff game beating Pacific on the road. They go onto play Ottawa in a battle of Ontario.

3v4: Ottawa > York: Ottawa with some great adds this offseason, win a home playoff game and send their rivals packing again.

1v2 Semi's: Forge beat Cavalry in this game for the second year running and host the finals for the third time in 4 seasons.

Losers bracket semi-final: Ottawa beat Cavalry on the road, making it back to the finals. They head to Hamilton to play Forge in a reverse of the 2022 finals.

Finals Forge v Ottawa in Hamilton: Forge take care of business and capture their third straight title and fifth in league history.

- - - - - - -
Awards:
Defender of the Year: Dldic (Ottawa)
Golden Boot: De Rosario (York)
Players MVP: Basset (Ottawa) - Huge bounce back year in bound
Golden Glove: Henry (Forge FC) - Henry captures his third and officially cements himseld as the best goalie in league history
U-21 Player of the Year: Kevaughn Tavernier (Forge FC) - If he stays in the CPL this year.
MVP: Kyle Bekker (Forge FC)
Manager of the Year: Bobby Smyrniotis (Forge FC) - After being snubbed on multiple occasions, Bobby finally gets the award he deserves.

- - - - - - -
Other Predictions:

Smyrniotis leaves Forge at the end of the season to take on a role in the MLS. Finally getting his flowers.

A CPL team makes the CanChamp Finals. The team will be Atleti, as they go on a run to start the summer with the influx of new signings.

Expansion News: We learn of 2 new CPL teams that will bring the total teams in the league up to 10. The first is Edmonton who come back under new ownership. The second is either Windsor or a Quebec based team to get another team in the East.

The Playoff format changes and my above predictions are completely wrong lol

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Disregard my Henry becomes the best goalie in the league card. Forgot the contract dispute was not resolved.

With that in mind it's either Kalongo or Carducci.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm fine with no Lampard. I don't think he would have been the guy to move the needle and his name would have brought pressure and attention the team doesn't really need at the moment.

I still think the best options are Bobby Smyrniotis or Tommy Wheeldon Jr from the CPL. They have proven over the past 5 years that they can manage at a high level and both come with the tactical acumen to manage on the International stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad