GDT: "Canada Day Massacre" | Free Agent Frenzy | 7.1.19 | 10 AM MST

Who will the Oilers sign in free agency?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Holland was fairly consistent in talking about needing help, though not necessarily on July 1st, maybe the 4th or so when he saw where things landed. Sad statement, which I don't necessarily agree with, but what is happening is not a surprise.
I think he continues to strike out on players that could make any kind of real difference.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I would’ve rather done Zuccarelli at 6.5M than Nyquist at 6M. Added 500k for the Oilers tax which no doubtedly Holland as to deal with.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
A skilled top 6 center not having a single top 6 NHL winger to play with for the 3rd year in a row. Yes thinking he will walk if this continues is just stirring **** up. Give me a break.

Let’s not pretend like RNH is this huge talent that’s been wasted on our team. He has been disappointing in a lot of ways in his time here. But making assumptions that a player is going to leave based purely on not your speculation and opinion is stirring shit up, yes.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Restraint is good until you wake up on October 2nd and your team still sucks.
At least restraint will leave him some room to work with in the future. Making big signings for the sake of making them isn't exactly a good answer. Be different if we didn't have so many bad contracts. At one point I believe most of the top buyout candidates on capfriendly were Oilers. Not sure adding another guy that we'd want to buy out by xmas would be what this team needs.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I figured we must have had a winger lined up if we bought out Sekera...

Guess not. Bought him out for no reason..

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
If we have more than 3M in cap space I’m gonna wonder why we bought out Sekera in the first place

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Let’s not pretend like RNH is this huge talent that’s been wasted on our team. He has been disappointing in a lot of ways in his time here. But making assumptions that a player is going to leave based purely on not your speculation and opinion is stirring **** up, yes.

Really? Disappointing who?

Yeah He'll be requesting a trade this year if their out of the playoffs by Dec 1.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
OMG!! lol

Just when you thought this day couldn't get any worse. Wow. That is a ridiculous deal.

It's not that ridiculous. It's only 2 years, and cap hit is only 2.15m. Guy scored 22 goals last year. Donskoi just got 4 years @ 3.9m and guy had a career high 14 goals last year.

Reactions: Kolja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad