WJC: Canada 2019 Roster Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Every year at this time there is always someone named the official "Anti-Canada Troll", and these boards are full of candidates for 2019.
And it's always open season, nothing ever done about it.

And yet I look at the other teams threads and nary a Canadian fan taunting/trolling the other teams play or losses or whatever bullshit. Just hockey talk about players and the game.

We've got the best most mature fans on HF when it comes to international hockey, hands down.

It's not even close.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The problem is that posters on here give allegiance to their team's prospect rather than to Team Canada. I want to see Team Canada win, even if it means Lafreniere is benched, as an example.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Yep I worded that poorly. Shoulda said at the junior level, if he plays in this tournament next year he'll be a dominant player and have pro experience from at the very least playing in the AHL next year

Veleno can't play in the AHL next year, as he's too young - he either makes the Wings or goes back to the QMJHL.

Reactions: ginomini

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I have to say, the defense on this Team Canada concerns me, Ferraro raved about it last night but I couldn't really see why. We just have to get that straightened out.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
I have to say, the defense on this Team Canada concerns me, Ferraro raved about it last night but I couldn't really see why. We just have to get that straightened out.
Mcissacc, Dobson and Brook showed well.. just need Smith to quit throwing no look passes in the middle of the ice.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The problem is that posters on here give allegiance to their team's prospect rather than to Team Canada. I want to see Team Canada win, even if it means Lafreniere is benched, as an example.

DSSEjVpU8AADhmj.jpg

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

I share your concerns. Mostly because they aren't producing offensively on a consistent basis. Dobson's goal was an anomaly. I expected our D to be producing and driving offense.

Reactions: jj cale

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
Ho
That would help for sure.

It's not just that though, it's soft blown coverages on the p.k and all that jazz, it's concerning.
Honestly, I thought the swiss pp was outstanding schematicly and they showed a lot of poise. Good coaching

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I didn't catch the game. How was Bouchard?

Had his standard defensive gaffe, but otherwise, average.

Two concerns i have with him:

1. Decision making in the defensive zone
2. Skating

I really hope his point shot starts to go in. We need goals from the back end.

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I didn't catch the game. How was Bouchard?

Dynamic offensively, some beautiful stretch passes and elite vision with the puck on his stick.

A couple defensive miscues as well, overall not his best game but not bad either.

A goal is coming very soon for him, he just needs to keep hammering the puck on net.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think the Canadians could be more aggressive on the PK. At this level, pressure works. I think they were a big tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad