WJC: Canada 2019 Roster Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not really any superstars but that's a very solid team.

By this time next year I think especially at the junior level we'll be expecting that team to be pretty stacked. Veleno will be dominant and at the very least an asbolute star in junior, Cozens and Dach will be top 5ish picks, Lafreniere will be a year older and definitely is a superstar. Hayton looks good out there now and could return as well. McIsaac returning on D will be a big help and potentially Dobson as well if he isnt in New York. Returning D are huge in this tourney and its tough for the young ones to have a good tournament.

I think next years roster is setting up to be better than this years team for sure

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
By this time next year I think especially at the junior level we'll be expecting that team to be pretty stacked. Veleno will be dominant and at the very least an asbolute star in junior, Cozens and Dach will be top 5ish picks, Lafreniere will be a year older and definitely is a superstar. Hayton looks good out there now and could return as well. McIsaac returning on D will be a big help and potentially Dobson as well if he isnt in New York. Returning D are huge in this tourney and its tough for the young ones to have a good tournament.

I think next years roster is setting up to be better than this years team for sure

I agree about Lafreniere. Next year he will dominate.

I am not saying this is his comparable, but when I watched Lafreniere yesterday, I saw Auston Matthews in 2015. Good with the puck, but a little slow compared to the pace. I remember Matthews at 17 was watching the game a little bit. I honestly though to myself: "This guy is the next superstar?".

One year later he was a full stride faster and then it brought his skill out.
I expect to see similar things next year for Lafreniere.

cowgirlcath

Johnny Mony and Cathy
Jul 9, 2018
Calgary
Ian Scott's numbers this season are way better and you confirm DiPietro the starter after a 14 save performance against Denmark?? LOL this is gonna bite us in the ass isn't it :shakehead
I hope Scott lets in a couple stinkers tonight so you Leafs fans can shut the f up about it and cheer for Canada as a team and not be sour your prospect isn't the starting goalie.

Reactions: hockey20000

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I hope Scott lets in a couple stinkers tonight so you Leafs fans can shut the f up about it and cheer for Canada as a team and not be sour your prospect isn't the starting goalie.
Seems like a rather silly mentality to have lol. Let's all cheer for Canada but let's also hope the second goalie sucks! Because that wouldn't put a ton more pressure on Dipetro. The ideal scenario is Scott looking amazing tonight so there is a competent back up plan in case Dipetro does have struggles.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ian Scott's numbers this season are way better and you confirm DiPietro the starter after a 14 save performance against Denmark?? LOL this is gonna bite us in the ass isn't it :shakehead
Time to put aside the petty rivalries and cheer for Canada. DiPietro has the better pedigree and has proven himself in important games. Scott is a good young goalie as well and needs to be ready to go in case DiPietro falters.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Ian Scott is the single greatest goalie prospect of all time, right after Dipietro.

Unfortunate really. :sarcasm:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Hypocritical statement.

That being said, my fellow Leaf fans are really playing the sour grapes card about Scott. Its been known for a long time DiPietro would be the guy and he would likely have had to absolutely poo his pants for it to change.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Were any feelings hurt with a 1 goal win?

Hopefully we didn’t win by too much. The classier thing would have been to win by 0.5 goals.
No feelings hurt today snipes.....its all rainbows and sunshine. Because today they get to say how poor we are that we only beat pathetic little Switzerland 3-2.

You know how the script changes work around here.

What a f***ing joke this place can be.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
So does it look like Veleno is the 13th forward
I really find him light on the puck
I thought Dobson picked up his game
I’d have Lafreniere as our 13th forward currently.

However Veleno hasn’t impressed much either. I have absolutely no idea why, but when I think of Veleno I just have this odd feeling he is going to be Angelo Esposito 2.0 when it comes to his career.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

There is 0% chance Veleno is back in juniors next year

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
There is 0% chance Veleno is back in juniors next year

Yep I worded that poorly. Shoulda said at the junior level, if he plays in this tournament next year he'll be a dominant player and have pro experience from at the very least playing in the AHL next year

Reactions: NA Scouting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad