Can you beat this prospects line-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHabsEra*

clefty said:
I'd take Carter over Kostitsyn, probably.

Debatable

Mike Richards >>>>> Chris Higgins.

You are probably joking I assume...

Perezhogin over Sharp is also debatable.

:eek: :help:

Last edited by a moderator:

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
The Rangers prospects are pretty good too, in my opinion as good as yours.

We don't have a #1 center, but we have amazing depth for our other lines.

Our defense is full of solid prospects, we're just missing a real #1 D-man.

Our goaltending is F'ing fantasic. Montoya is pretty sure-fire. Blackburn's future is in trouble with his injury, but was considered a very good prospect when he was healthy. And then Lundqvist, the best goalie in Sweden and possibly all of Europe. Most likely starter for Sweden's world cup team. The lesser goalie of the three is Labarbra, the AHL MVP.

A line up for us is hard, we have so many players that could be on our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines that it is hard to choose.

But with NYR vs. MTL, we are both in the same class. Not top 5, but above 15.

That being said:

NYR Defense > MTL Defense
NYR Forwards = MTL Forwards
NYR Goaltending >>>>>>>>>> MTL Goaltending

Vic Rattlehead*

Acutally, I agree with Mike Richards being better than Chris Higgins, which Habs fans don't want to listen to.

guitaraholic*

Ott = Snott said:
Ottawa is a bit too high IMO. I think that they are top 20, but not top 15 anymore. Their depth is nothing to write home about and they have some prospects with questionmarks attached to them. Overall, a fairly accurate list.

Perhaps I'm being a homer here but I'd like to see the Blues start getting some love for their underrated prospects:

Marek Schwarz
Peter Sejna
Alexei Shkotov
Konstantin Zakharov
Jason Bacashihua
Konstantin Barulin
Viktor Alexandrov
Carl Soderberg

All of those guys have high(er) end potential. That's a pretty decent list, IMO. As for sleeper prospects, Blues have plenty:

Tomas Troliga
Jon DiSalvatore
David Backes
Robin Jonsson
Zack FitzGerald
Trevor Byrne
Tuomas Nissinen
Juha-Matti Aaltonen
Jay McClement
John Pohl
D.J. King
Dennis Wideman
Patrick Wellar
Mike Stuart
Alexandre Bolduc

Guys that could be very solid 3rd line/role players. Some very close to the NHL like McClement and DiSalvatore and perhaps Byrne. A few who could also be 2nd liners with offensive upside (Bolduc, Pohl.) A reasonable mix of 'support prospects' as it were.

Again, I think the Blues deserve more respect than they're currently getting by the posters at HFBoards and the good folks who put together the Org Rankings for hockeysfuture.com.

just my opinions.

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
NewHabsArea said:
Your are dreaming multi-colors... Not even close!

It's a lot closer than you think.
The way I see it, both teams are about the same in TOTAL prospect ranking.

Vic Rattlehead*

modestfwd said:
It's a lot closer than you think.
The way I see it, both teams are about the same in TOTAL prospect ranking.
Actually, I would rate the Rangers higher than the Canadiens because of the goaltending and defense make up for the lack of star forwards(besides Balej)

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
19bruins19 said:
Actually, I would rate the Rangers higher than the Canadiens because of the goaltending and defense make up for the lack of star forwards(besides Balej)

We have a few star forwards.
Jessiman
Korpikoski
Balej
Dawes
Prucha

ok not that many. But I still think we're superior in terms of Goaltending and Defense and equal in offense.

However, both the Rangers and Canadians are in the same class of prospects. Good, but not elite like the Hawks, Pens, and Caps.

vega007

The Flames could beat any and all of these lineups with just one player: Dion Phaneuf.

guitaraholic*

Calgary D said:
The Flames could beat any and all of these lineups with just one player: Dion Phaneuf.

:lol
sorry, maybe I'm missing the sarcasm. Phaneuf is one of the top 2 or 3 prospects in the league but c'mon...

:jump:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Leafaholix said:
I'll take Chicago, Pittsburgh, or Washington's prospects over the Habs anyday.
Little late in the discussion, but I agree with this.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
i know someone did detroit but im bored as hell:

Franzen - Hudler - Grigorenko (size and lots of skill!)
Filpulla - McGrath - Jamtin (Line with Size, Skill and Grit!)
Bootland - Axelsson - Jackson (physical and a shut down line)
Barker - Kopecky - Stolyarov (Kinda like a Boom or Bust line)

Kronwall - Meech (both are getting a lot of good experiences)
Quincey - Kolasau (both were underrated there draft year but we see something)
Blatak - Seluyanov (hopefully they might pan out a little)

Howard
Liv
MacIntyre

thestonedkoala

Minnesota

Voloshenko - O'Sullivan- Foy
Sprunger- Wallin- Irmen
Bordeleau - Koivu- Wanvig
Uhhh take your pick, we're stocked as hell with solid 4th lines LOL

Thelen- Burns
Stokes- Stoner
Michalek- Heid
Again take your pick after Stokes, we have a glut of solid 4-7th defensemen.

Harding
Kettles
Kopriva

Yeesh, Minnesota looks bad

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
NewHabsArea said:
Debatable

Don't disagree.

NewHabsArea said:
You are probably joking I assume...

No

NewHabsArea said:

No response. Use the letters on your keyboard to express your rebuttal, not these stupid emoticons.

Our goaltending is F'ing fantasic. Montoya is pretty sure-fire. Blackburn's future is in trouble with his injury, but was considered a very good prospect when he was healthy. And then Lundqvist, the best goalie in Sweden and possibly all of Europe. Most likely starter for Sweden's world cup team. The lesser goalie of the three is Labarbra, the AHL MVP.

Easy does it, brother.

guitaraholic*

"And then Lundqvist, the best goalie in Sweden and possibly all of Europe."

Holy hyperbole, Batman. Talk about overrating your prospects. I suppose this sort of "logic" would also suggest that Hugh Jessimen is "possibly the best prospect in the college ranks" right?

Fists of Fuhry

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
Drake1588 said:
And for Washington:

Alexander Ovechkin - Jakub Klepis - Eric Fehr
Alexander Semin - Jared Aulin - Jonas Johansson
Brooks Laich - Brian Sutherby - Boyd Gordon
Tomas Fleischmann - Mikhail Yunkov - Chris Bourque

Extra: Steve Werner, Peter Guggisberg, Pasi Salonen, Owen Fussey, Andreas Valdix

Shaone Morrisonn - Steve Eminger
Jeff Schultz - Mike Green
Nolan Yonkman - Jakub Cutta

Extra: Sami Lepisto, Oscar Hedman

Maxime Ouellet
Maxime Daigneault
Rastislav Stana

That's just plain sick... :mad:

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
X-SHARKIE said:
But for the record :) I wanted Michalek over Vanek in 2003
Ask any of the regulars on the SJ board, and they'll say the opposite. Max (X-Sharkie) wanted Vanek until I told him a bit about Michalek, at which point he dropped Vanek like a bad habit and jumped on the Michalek bandwagon.

Funny how history has a way of changing what really happened based on how one chooses to perceive it.

~Crazed.

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
guitaraholic said:
"And then Lundqvist, the best goalie in Sweden and possibly all of Europe."

Holy hyperbole, Batman. Talk about overrating your prospects. I suppose this sort of "logic" would also suggest that Hugh Jessimen is "possibly the best prospect in the college ranks" right?

He actually is the top goalie in Sweden right now. Please, name a few goalies who are playing better than him in Europe right now.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
JasonMacIsaac said:
Its pretty bad when Werner doesn't even make the prospect team :)
It's an interesting question. His skating is excellent and he tore up the scoreboard at the World Juniors, though it's debatable how much of that was his own innate talent or simply feeding off his center, tourney MVP and Devils phenom, Zach Parise. Werner might be ahead of Laich at this point, but I'm not convinced of that... hard to say. Shrug. :)

mowthecat

cj said:
Hello, I'm new here, but if you don't mind, I'm going to jump right in. :)

To the thread starter, I'm curious why you're so concerned about Montreal's prospect depth being the best in the league?

It's no secret that Montreal's prospect rating will drop significantly next year. But the good news is, that's not because several of their prospects became busts, it's because some of their top prospects joined the NHL. Komisarek and Ryder have graduated already and Hainsey and Hossa will get permanent roster spots next year. The Habs are no-longer a bottom-feeder team looking towards a future 5 years down the line. They're already a competitive team and they should only get better. How can this be a bad thing? There's no need to have the best prospect depth in the NHL when you've got a great group of young players already on your roster. ;)

Hossa and Hainsey are going to jump right in to permanent NHL spots? Better tell Habs management cause I dont think they've got either penciled in quite yet. In fact both have got to be a ways down the Habs prospect list. Hossa has shown basically nothing to date outside of one little burst the year before last.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
mowthecat said:
Hossa and Hainsey are going to jump right in to permanent NHL spots? Better tell Habs management cause I dont think they've got either penciled in quite yet. In fact both have got to be a ways down the Habs prospect list. Hossa has shown basically nothing to date outside of one little burst the year before last.

Hainsey was just given a one way contract and has to clear waivers to play in the AHL, so I'd expect him to be with the Habs next year as the 7th D, rotating in and out like they did with Komisarek this year. Hossa I think has one more year before he has to play in the NHL or go through waivers. I don't know if his recent contract was one way or not, but he should see some NHL games this year if there's a season. He has all kinds of talent, a great wrist shot, but just can't put it all together. No intenisty or confidence.

NewHabsEra*

Are you sure Hainsey signed a one way contrat?

Could you confirm this giving me a link plz..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad