Pre-Game Talk: Can the Oilers win in Windy City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Hard to have a worse game than the last time these teams met as long as the same idiot refs from that game aren't the same for this game.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019

In before @Mr Kot “never touched boobs” pre-game thread 3.0

No Kostin, McLoed, Kane.
Probably no Yamanogoal or Fo-goal.
Soup or Stew?

Based on how we finished vs the Panthers the lines may be;

Draisaitl McDavid Hyman
Janmark RNH PJ
Benson Ryan Shore
Holloway Malone Hamblin

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Barrie
Broberg Bouchard

So a killer first line, a 3rd line and two 4th lines.

Will need a sharp gameplan and sharper goaltending from whomever starts. I think it’ll be Skinner then Campbell v Minnesota on the back to back.

Need a Win.

Without considering the points or standings here, I would just love for the Oilers to finally - and totally - put the boots to the Hawks. They have used our complacency, season lows, and general disarray to inflate their worth for a few seasons now.
It needs to stop now….no more point gifts. Grab their throats and hold them for the 60 count!!!

(Editor: This appears to be a major personal issue with Mr. Elbows, and does not reflect the views of this most-esteemed site.)

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Without considering the points or standings here, I would just love for the Oilers to finally - and totally - put the boots to the Hawks. They have used our complacency, season lows, and general disarray to inflate their worth for a few seasons now.
It needs to stop now….no more point gifts. Grab their throats and hold them for the 60 count!!!

(Editor: This appears to be a major personal issue with Mr. Elbows, and does not reflect the views of this most-esteemed site.)
I wouldn’t be so sure

edit - Bobrovsky is a funnel.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Will need a sharp gameplan and sharper goaltending from whomever starts. I think it’ll be Skinner then Campbell v Minnesota on the back to back.

I hope not. After the past two games I am as comfortable as ever playing Skinner against the better opponent in any back to back scenario.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Regarding the topic of playing down to opponents:

Oilers were 29-10-2 vs non-playoff teams last year

And by my count they are 8-4 vs teams not currently in a playoff spot right now compared to 4-6 vs current playoff teams. Seems like the playing down to the opponent concern is a bit of an outdated concern.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
I wouldn't mind seeing Holloway Nuge Pulj as a line if we keep Hyman on the top line.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I will summarize his game so you are not as disappointed, he will throw a few hits and shoot a few muffins at the goalie ,he will also flub on a good scoring opportunity
His shot and skating looked light-years better in training camp this year than in years past. Hope he still has it coming back from injury.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Could you imagine if Kostin plays tonight? It'd be funny because it was Gregor being the first to report it.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Two big games in a row against good teams. Lesser team in standings - letdown in the making.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Two big games in a row against good teams. Lesser team in standings - letdown in the making.
Might be, who knows. The team showed something the last couple games, not great starts, but wins. They look like they're doing good things. And McDavid is due for a major run, because he's been a bit run of the mill, for him, for the last a couple weeks.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Excited to see the “Oilers dont give up a goal in the first five minutes” challenge.

We have given up a goal in the first minute of play in roughly 30% of our games this year. This stat goes back to Cam Talbot.

Taken the first penalty of the game in 75% of our games with the 29th worst PK in the league.

Been scored on first in 62% of our games this season.

The players have become conditioned to absolute garbage starts over the years and the engine doesn’t fully engage till between the 10 minute mark of the 1st and start of the 2nd. I go to games expecting to be down 1-0.

We have a collective players head up the ass issue on this team.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
We have given up a goal in the first minute of play in roughly 30% of our games this year. This stat goes back to Cam Talbot.

Taken the first penalty of the game in 75% of our games with the 29th worst PK in the league.

Been scored on first in 62% of our games this season.

The players have become conditioned to absolute garbage starts over the years.

We have a collective players head up the ass issue on this team.
So we don’t like to make things easy on our selves is what you’re saying

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad