Pre-Game Talk: Can the Oilers win in Windy City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

In before @Mr Kot “never touched boobs” pre-game thread 3.0

No Kostin, McLoed, Kane.
Probably no Yamanogoal or Fo-goal.
Soup or Stew?

Based on how we finished vs the Panthers the lines may be;

Draisaitl McDavid Hyman
Janmark RNH PJ
Benson Ryan Shore
Holloway Malone Hamblin

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Barrie
Broberg Bouchard

So a killer first line, a 3rd line and two 4th lines.

Will need a sharp gameplan and sharper goaltending from whomever starts. I think it’ll be Skinner then Campbell v Minnesota on the back to back.

Need a Win.

Last edited:

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Hawks have been beyond terrible lately but they've given the Oilers fits going all the way back to the bubble. The game earlier in the season against these guys was insane.

This would be a perfect opportunity to play the full 60. Get a lead, and as the better team shut them down and cruise to victory, something like 4-1. No 6-5 slobberknocker like last time lol

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
With how tough the schedule was this month of November, I was hoping we'd just go at least 500. We have a chance to salvage the month and get to that mark (for the month) with a win against the Hawks tomorrow. Here's hoping.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
With how tough the schedule was this month of November, I was hoping we'd just go at least 500. We have a chance to salvage the month and get to that mark (for the month) with a win against the Hawks tomorrow. Here's hoping.
The Oilers have played one game vs the bottom 7 in the League right now. 5 games vs the top 7.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The Oilers have played one game vs the bottom 7 in the League right now. 5 games vs the top 7.
It's been a pretty gruelling schedule. Not just the teams we've faced, but the travel and bad timings of back-to-backs. If we can clean up against the weaker competition in December it will massively improve our playoff chances. This team has a habit of playing down to their opponents, but they can't get themselves in that trap.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It's been a pretty gruelling schedule. Not just the teams we've faced, but the travel and bad timings of back-to-backs. If we can clean up against the weaker competition in December it will massively improve our playoff chances. This team has a habit of playing down to their opponents, but they can't get themselves in that trap.
They have followed that pattern this year as well. They actually played quite well vs the top teams.

One real positive is that the Kraken and even Vegas have had more games vs the low end of the league. So there is a possibility of improvement from below and from above if Seattle starts to face tougher teams.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I get that people raise this a lot but as a longstanding Oilers fan I worry more about games like what we have coming up. The Oilers generally play up or down to level of opposition. I don't think it matters so much. I mean theres a few clubs that kick us in the junk pretty consistently but outside of that its anybody getting a result any night. The Oilers play their worst games when they sense weaker opposition.

Plus that I don't think we've played all that well in November, period.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

In before @Mr Kot “never touched boobs” pre-game thread 3.0

No Kostin, McLoed, Kane.
Probably no Yamanogoal or Fo-goal.
Soup or Stew?

Based on how we finished vs the Panthers the lines may be;

Draisaitl McDavid Hyman
Janmark RNH PJ
Benson Ryan Shore
Holloway Malone Hamblin

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Barrie
Broberg Bouchard

So a killer first line, a 3rd line and two 4th lines.

Will need a sharp gameplan and sharper goaltending from whomever starts. I think it’ll be Skinner then Campbell v Minnesota on the back to back.

Need a Win.

Can only hope. I have a feeling Woody will just put JP up there again and then wait and see. Dude just loves handicap his team

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
<iframe src="Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="368" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

1669762946685.png

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I predict a normal Oiler game in Chicago. That is shitty effort and poor start, being downright terrible in our own end, likely shit goaltending, but will either win or lose by a goal in the end in an incredibly frustrating game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad