Can Rubtsov make the Flyers next season?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's what I meant exactly. Don't be surprised at some point this season that Hayes and Coots might swap as well as Jake and TK.
Barring forced changes due to injury.
Hayes and Couts swap??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reactions: kelmitchell

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Hayes and Couts swap??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Just a feeling those 2 swaps mentioned will happen at some point this season. Not for good but to change things up.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I don't see it, unless they look flat at some point and the coach tries to pull the "Goulbourne card" and get someone in the lineup to stir **** up for a few games.
Isn't AV known for trying to avoid between whistles shenanigans? I doubt he has much use for pesky goons.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean it’s not like AV just dressed Tanner Glass for 60 games a season for 3 straight years.....

History is whatever you want it to be if you make it up.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Magua

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't see it, unless they look flat at some point and the coach tries to pull the "Goulbourne card" and get someone in the lineup to stir **** up for a few games.

Andreoff seems like a more likely "energy" call up. He's the guy Fletcher gave a two year, one way deal to.

At least we're not in the dark ages of 13-14 when the Flyers started the season with both Rinaldo and Rosehill as regulars.

NHL.com - Stats

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Andreoff seems like a more likely "energy" call up. He's the guy Fletcher gave a two year, one way deal to.

At least we're not in the dark ages of 13-14 when the Flyers started the season with both Rinaldo and Rosehill as regulars.

NHL.com - Stats

Yeah I would also think Andreoff is ahead of Gabriel on the pecking order. Honestly, Gabriel was probably just brought in to be a police officer for the Phantoms since they are bringing in so many young kids.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
If he shows that he is healthy and ready to go then I would like to see him push for a spot in the bottom six. Raffl/Laughton/Ruby would be a solid 4th line to start the season.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Just a feeling those 2 swaps mentioned will happen at some point this season. Not for good but to change things up.
I cannot imagine that coots gets removed from the first line barring an injury. He’s clearly superior to hayes and Patrick. You can swap wingers around him, but he is unquestioned as the 1C. He’s gonna get the bulk of the minutes and the tough ones especially.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah I would also think Andreoff is ahead of Gabriel on the pecking order. Honestly, Gabriel was probably just brought in to be a police officer for the Phantoms since they are bringing in so many young kids.
Agreed. As I’ve said, I won’t care if Gabriel gets 10-15 games of 7 minute fill-in 4th line mins, but Andreoff is ahead of him & could even make the team out of camp.

Reactions: hatcher

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Aside from his lack of a substantial AHL body of work, the roster is quite cluttered. On D guys like Morin, Friedman, etc. probably won’t get a real shot. At forward, I’m not even sure Frost or Farabee will.

So, no. Probably not.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
Rubtsov needs to stay in the AHL this season. He still has a lot to prove.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
0+2 in his last 15 games. What's happening? He's just been bad? Or no luck with points or not enough playing time?

Reactions: Adtar02

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah. Team is a dumpster fire and Rubtsov isn't the type to create offense on his own and the coach certainly isn't capable of scheming his teams above (or even to) their talent level. He's a support player. He needs help to produce.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad