Can Lucic bounce back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's been decent this season so far, so knock on wood for it to continue. I haven't noticed him falling behind the play as much. Probably not worth 6 million, but not really a boat anchor on the team either. He's a middle six role player now.

Reactions: Aerchon

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Didn't realize his father's death from a few years ago hit him that hard last year. Is it safe to assume that his dad was maybe someone he turned to when things were tough?

Good to see he went to get help and was open about it.

Reactions: nabob

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Didn't realize his father's death from a few years ago hit him that hard last year. Is it safe to assume that his dad was maybe someone he turned to when things were tough?

I didn't hear that. Is there an article or video of him talking about it? Good on him for going for help indeed.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I didn't hear that. Is there an article or video of him talking about it? Good on him for going for help indeed.
Principe brought it up in the intermission. No actual interview with Lucic, but Gene explaining what Lucic went through.

I suspect at some point they'll have an interview with Lucic

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Principe brought it up in the intermission. No actual interview with Lucic, but Gene explaining what Lucic went through.

I suspect at some point they'll have an interview with Lucic

Which game? I have gamecenter so I can probably go back and watch it.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Through 4 games the Oilers have been outshot 31-12, outscored 4-1 and outchanced 27-13 with Lucic on the ice at 5v5. He can start bouncing back any time.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Through 4 games the Oilers have been outshot 31-12, outscored 4-1 and outchanced 27-13 with Lucic on the ice at 5v5. He can start bouncing back any time.
You know there are other players on the ice at the same time right? Where is your condemnation of Leon who has been culpable on a few of those GA directly?
Put this in context, who else is on the ice at the same time? How many of these events occur with and without Benning, for example? He's an obvious black hole of anything good so far.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What a brutal call.

Clean hit.

Oh, the player might be feeling it a bit..

giphy.gif

Would now be a terrible time for a borderline terrible call? Yes. Is he an Oiler? yes.

*arm up*

Reactions: TB12 and Raoul Duke

JariCurry

Sep 10, 2005

I didn't even know his father had died nevermind committed suicide. His struggles last year make sense now.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
So who is dragging that line down in your opinion?
Pretty obvious after last night's game. JP should have been on the 2nd from season start. When JP was playing with Drai, everything changed. Lucic continued his same play on both lines (2/3) and still looked good.

I think most would see that...unless of course any of us have a bias against certain players. Then we tend to be blinded and have preconceived notions of how they'll be playing and see only the missed opportunities.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Clean hit.

Oh, the player might be feeling it a bit..

giphy.gif

Would now be a terrible time for a borderline terrible call? Yes. Is he an Oiler? yes.

*arm up*
Yeah, no idea how that was a penalty. He even had to 'glide around Little just to make the hit but, no, that was charging..wtf?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You know there are other players on the ice at the same time right? Where is your condemnation of Leon who has been culpable on a few of those GA directly?

Leon has been terrible too.

Put this in context, who else is on the ice at the same time? How many of these events occur with and without Benning, for example? He's an obvious black hole of anything good so far.

Lucic's played almost 52 minutes 5v5, and about 16 with Benning. When on the ice together, they've been outshot 11-9 and outscored 2-1. So yeah, that's bad. But Benning's numbers away from Lucic are much better, as is the case with most of the team.

Benning shots for % with Lucic: 15.38. Without: 55.56. Lucic without Benning: 36.84.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Leon has been terrible too.
Lucic's played almost 52 minutes 5v5, and about 16 with Benning. When on the ice together, they've been outshot 11-9 and outscored 2-1. So yeah, that's bad. But Benning's numbers away from Lucic are much better, as is the case with most of the team.
and which forwards is Benning playing the most with?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Lucic, Drai and Yamomoto.

Interested to see how you're going to spin this as Benning's fault when everyone who plays with Lucic sees their numbers dip.

Look at the zone starts though. ~33% with the 2nd line. For whatever reason overall McLellan has been burying Drai's line in their own zone for starts. McDavid is getting way more offensive starts than last year. McLellan is all in that McDavid is the only hope it seems, hehe.

Bad D and bad forward help has definitely killed a lot of shifts for the 2nd line this year.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I don't think 4 games in is enough data to make any determination on much of anything, when I look at it. 52 mins is an extremely small sample size.

We can agree to disagree for now, as I believe there is more to the story. I am pleased with his start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad