Can Freddy get the Leafs single season wins record this year?

Will Freddy beat the record

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
He can do it , but it's tainted because past goalies didn't have the luxury of overtime or shootout wins, which is also why teams of the past can no longer compare season point totals either.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He can do it - the schedule plays right into his hands down the stretch.

I'm not sure I want Freddie playing that much hockey though - he should get some games off, especially if the lack of competition in the Division remains and the Leafs lock into their playoff matchup relatively early

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Good lord why? Is he your cousin or brother in law or something? Or are YOU Andrew Raycroft?

I'd guess it'll be more about what Rask did for Boston than what Raycroft didn't do for Toronto with the guy you're quoting.

Reactions: Elephanto

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
I'd guess it'll be more about what Rask did for Boston than what Raycroft didn't do for Toronto with the guy you're quoting.

Heh, 37 wins in 72 games played isn't great it's one win above .500 (those are backup numbers). The team in front of Raycroft wasn't good but he didn't help them much, if at all. Leafs bet on the wrong long term goalie (Pogge) in the trade Raycroft was a stop-gap.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
Heh, 37 wins in 72 games played isn't great it's one win above .500 (those are backup numbers). The team in front of Raycroft wasn't good but he didn't help them much, if at all. Leafs bet on the wrong long term goalie (Pogge) in the trade Raycroft was a stop-gap.

All because Pogge had a good world juniors.....sigh.

Reactions: Slot

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
angry at my opinion eh? newsflash, people won't have the same opinions as you

For those interested, simply click on username and voila:

wh16oo.jpg

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
[QUOEhTE="Slot, post: 141401143, member: 153803"]Heh, 37 wins in 72 games played isn't great it's one win above .500 (those are backup numbers). The team in front of Raycroft wasn't good but he didn't help them much, if at all. Leafs bet on the wrong long term goalie (Pogge) in the trade Raycroft was a stop-gap.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I'd argue they had no business missing the playoffs. they missed because of him. They weren't that bad at all.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
The worst. His NTCs and his handing them out like candy set this team back for a decade. Thankfully Burke’s retool imploded nicely which put us in the position we are in today.

He also holds the dubious honour of being the first GM to offer inflated contracts to his UFA's before the ink was dry on the new CBA. Horrible GM.

Reactions: OppositeLocK

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
If he gets to 12 more wins and/or 31 more points he'll contribute to 2 Leaf franchise records as well. Most wins and most points in a season respectively.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Indeed. As I can recall, perhaps Milbury is the only GM in the running as worse than JFJ all time.

It's kinda funny (and sad) that the draft picks he traded away to both San Jose (Vesa Toskala) and Phoenix (Yanic Perrault) were parlayed into selecting both Logan Couture and Roman Josi. (Phoenix traded the pick to Nashville)

Lol.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
It's kinda funny (and sad) that the draft picks he traded away to both San Jose (Vesa Toskala) and Phoenix (Yanic Perrault) were parlayed into selecting both Logan Couture and Roman Josi. (Phoenix traded the pick to Nashville)

Lol.

There was a great article that I can’t find right now on where the Leafs would have been had they not traded their picks and just drafted BPA at their position. They would have had a pretty legit team.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
It's a pretty meaningless title tbh. The single season wins leader for the majority of teams played in the shootout era and its only been 13 years with one year being 48 games. It's just humourous that Raycroft owns it despite being terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad