News Article: Can anyone from the Quebec City area explain this to me?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I think it goes beyond just the Hockey rivalry. People from Québec City have an inferiority complex with Montrealers. First, because Montrealers treat them like small town folks. Second, because most Quebec City citizens have a small town mentality. Third, because they always believe that Quebec City never got the attention it deserve, specialy in front of Montreal.

Also, I think people in Quebec City knows that they will not get a team soon and they don't want Garry Bettman to play with them. "You will not get the candy, but here, get some sugar". It's easy to see.

It's a two-way street Max. Québec is the smaller dog, so it's only normal it barks louder. The Montrealers are not indifferent to what happens to la Vieille Capitale. Any chance they get, they will laugh at Labeaume and his grandeur plans or at everything else that brews the rivalry between the two biggest cities in the province.

It's really entertaining to watch from the outside, let me tell you. I wouldn't have it any other way!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Once a loser, you always remain a loser. Quebec City, you mad?:laugh:

Are you people insane? You WANT another Canadian NHL franchise. Especially French Canadian. Why? It will make oodles of money for the province, and if one/or the other doesn't make it to the playoffs? We still have a Canadian, as well as French Canadian, team to cheer!

Also, the Nordiques have claim to one of the greatest hockey talents that has ever skated. Peter Stastny is my all time favorite player. How he did this on that team is the stuff of legend.

NHL milestones and records[edit]
1st player in NHL history to collect over 100 points in rookie year (109). Note: Wayne Gretzky had 137 points in his first year in the NHL (1979–80), but was not considered a "rookie", due to his time spent with the World Hockey Association's Indianapolis Racers and Edmonton Oilers, where he won the rookie of the year award in that league during the 1978–79 season with 110 points.
One of four players to record 1000 or more points in the decade of the 1980s (1059). Previously, only Phil Esposito had topped 1000 points in one decade. Only Gretzky outscored Å ťastný in the 1980s decade.
One of 7 players in NHL history to record at least 6 consecutive 100+ point seasons.
Shares NHL record for assists by a rookie (70) with Joé Juneau.
Holds NHL record for points in a game by a rookie with 8 (four goals and four assists on 22 February 1981 against Washington Capitals).
Holds NHL record for points in a road game with 8 (four goals and four assists on 22 February 1981 against Washington Capitals).
Holds NHL record for points in 2 consecutive games with 14 (3 goals and 3 assists on 20 February 1981 against Vancouver Canucks and 4 goals and 4 assists on 22 February 1981 against Washington Capitals).[1]
Recorded 100th NHL point with an assist on 29 March 1981 against the Montreal Canadiens. He was the first official NHL rookie to accomplish the feat.
Recorded 1000th NHL point on 19 October 1989 with a goal against the Chicago Blackhawks, and was the second European-born player, and first trained in Europe, in NHL history to do so. Stan Mikita, the first European-born player to score 1000 points, was born in Slovakia, but raised in Canada.
4th fastest player in NHL history to score 200 points (131 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (117), Mario Lemieux (128) & Cy Denneny (130)
2nd fastest player in NHL history to score 300 points (186 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (159) tied with Mario Lemieux (186)
3rd fastest player in NHL history to score 400 points (247 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (197) & Mario Lemieux (240)
3rd fastest player in NHL history to score 500 points (322 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (234) & Mario Lemieux (287)
3rd fastest player in NHL history to score 600 points (394 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (273) & Mario Lemieux (323)
3rd fastest player in NHL history to score 700 points (457 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (317) & Mario Lemieux (363)
4th fastest player in NHL history to score 800 points (531 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (352) & Mario Lemieux (410) & Mike Bossy (525)
4th fastest player in NHL history to score 900 points (599 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (385) Mario Lemieux (463) & Mike Bossy (582)
4th fastest player in NHL history to score 1000 points (682 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (424) Mario Lemieux (513) & Mike Bossy (656)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They won't even get a team for at least another three years. Jeez. Seattle will probably get a team before them.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I really want QC to have a team but man I hate Quebec. I studied there for four long years and most of them really have an inferiority complex toward Montreal. While people in Montreal doesn't give a crap about Quebec, people in Quebec really thinks there is a rivalry with Montreal about everything. They really despise Montreal. They're like the little shih tzu barking at a grown man.

Don't worry they have figured out a way to vanquish big bad Montreal and assert their superiority. They will erect a massive phallus:
http://globalnews.ca/news/1837013/quebec-city-to-get-a-new-skyscraper-le-phare-de-quebec/

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Its the circle of life

People in chicoutimi/rimouski hate quebec city cause they are the big dog in the LHJMQ, people in Quebec city hate people in Montreal cause they are a big deal in the media, people in Montreal hate toronto cause TSN/SPORTSNET are always talking about the leafs.....

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
They had a hockey team and they lost it.

I'd go to Seattle and Las Vegas first.
Many Other Cities had team before and and they are now very successful franchise. (Minnesota, Colorado, Winnipeg) They deserve a NHL franchise more than any other city. They have everythig required as in market, arena, tv deal.

They should be back in the NHL no doubt.

MontrealYul

Mar 29, 2012
I really want QC to have a team but man I hate Quebec. I studied there for four long years and most of them really have an inferiority complex toward Montreal. While people in Montreal doesn't give a crap about Quebec, people in Quebec really thinks there is a rivalry with Montreal about everything. They really despise Montreal. They're like the little shih tzu barking at a grown man.

Kinda like Montreal doesn't realize that Toronto doesn't give a **** about them.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
Quebec City deserve a NHL team IMO. They have a good fanbase. I just don't like how they build the arena, one of the most expensive, in one of the smallest market. Way before having a team. With enormous gouvernment funding.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Kinda like Montreal doesn't realize that Toronto doesn't give a **** about them.

Maybe for some, yes. But I don't despise the city of Toronto. I think the city is an example to follow. I like how most of things work over there. I like the dynamic they are having at the moment. So yes, Toronto and New York don't give a crap about Montreal as much as Toronto, New York and Montreal don't give a crap about Quebec City. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad